Terumi

~Pyon Pyon~
Elite Member
Nov 3, 2010
Accel World
アクセル・ワールド

Accel-World1.png

One autumn day in 2046, Haruyuki has an encounter with Kuroyukihime, the prettiest girl in his school. For the middle school boy who is often bullied, the meeting changes his life. Through a mysterious piece of software from her, Haruyuki learns of the existence of the virtual Accel World. In that moment, the lowest of the "school caste" becomes "Burst Linker", a knight defending a princess.

Seiyuu cast: Misawa Sachika, Kaji Yuuki, Toyosaki Aki, Asanuma Shintaro, Tomatsu Haruka, Suzumura Kenichi

Original Creator: Kawahara Reki
Original Design: HIMA
Animation: Sunrise
Director: Obara Masakazu
Series Composition: Yoshino Hiroyuki
Music: Oshima Hiroyuki, MintJam, onoken

Credits to ANN, MAL for information.

Ohh Tomatsu Haruka and Toyosaki Aki, time to go watch that show. I wonder will they do a cross over battle with sword art online like the light novel.

In related news, I learned from a friend that the first two episodes of Accel World have been preaired, so I'll definitely put up some thoughts about it once I get the chance to finish it.

First 2 episodes were pre-aired. LQ quality was everywhere but not unacceptable.

They skipped quite a lot of content already, Sunrise. As usual, LN's good points are the protag's monolouge, which seems completely removed from Haruyuki. The reason why he was in the pig form while every other school mate had cute avatars was never explained (its due to that bully). The whole fight in the canteen area was in fact more bad in the original contents. And the fighting games start~ The HP bar looks good.

VA wise, Kaji Yuki again. He's doing a great job everywhere, but he needs a revolutionary role soon after GC completely failed. I felt that getting a lady to voice Haruyuki may have been better, ladies could have portrayed this lump of fat better. In stark contrast, Kuroyukihime's VA is perfect for this role.

I'm waiting for good quality subs so I didn't watch the pre-air... When it's airing by the way?
I really like the main girl's design and I heard good things on the LN so I hope they won't screw up the anime...

There are much good things about the LN, plus the hype of the 2 titles from the same author/creator Kawahara Reki-sensei getting animated, of which is Accel World (AW) and Sword Art Online (SAO). SAO is the one with more hype imo, after all, it bagged top LN honors by readers last year.

That being said, AW isnt half bad, but there are better titles out there.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for good quality subs so I didn't watch the pre-air... When it's airing by the way?
I really like the main girl's design and I heard good things on the LN so I hope they won't screw up the anime...

Official airing starts on the 6th, I believe.

i haven't excatly watched it...is it good? like better than highschool DXD?

Like it so far, haven't read the LN but, I guess is much more better than the anime. Anyway, very good. Now, waiting for Sword Art Online...

LN adapated animus tend to be worse than original, as LNs have heavy 1st person monolouge.

Anycase, the show hasnt disappointed so far yet. And its more than just your plain watchable shows, its definitely must watch.

And [MENTION=13267]dreamer197[/MENTION], i have original DxD LNs (unreaded though, but got spoiled a little here and there), but i didnt read AW. I would say both shows cant be compared, both have their selling points.

Never was a fan of May'n, but I guess this song passes the usual standards.
Arrangement and visuals from Sunrise are awesome as usual, especially the arrangement, I found more engaging than the entire song itself.

After this episode.. i was hooked. I just love the fact that they went with a chubby character instead of the typical badass or the good looking not-so-popular kid.

This episode was pretty good overall. I think Haru and Kuro are going to become lovers in about 6 or 7 episodes. Can't wait :3

Never was a fan of May'n, but I guess this song passes the usual standards.
Arrangement and visuals from Sunrise are awesome as usual, especially the arrangement, I found more engaging than the entire song itself.

I second that. The few songs I liked from May'n were from Macross Frontier. After that, her songs were upbeat, catchy, and good for a few repeats. However, they weren't that memorable.

Her vocals are strong in that OP, but like you mentioned, the arrangement seemed to pique my interest more.

The major difference like everyone has noticed is the main protagonist. He's different, but in a good way. I like him already after watching the first episode.

I like how he has an osananajimi, who already has a boyfriend. Lastly, the female protagonist complements the hero well. I also adore her voice.

So far, I enjoyed it. For further enjoyment, I will be reading the LN as well... just to know the story better. The anime always cuts out or jams certain scenes in an episode.

The Accelerated World scenes continue to be visually impressive and a lot of fun to watch. This first motorcycle-riding antagonist has proven to be a lot of fun too!

I have a theory on Kuroyukihime that might help to explain her obvious fondness for Haru.

Kuroyukihime is clearly something of a minor (if not major) celebrity. People in that sort of position often have to put up with a lot of fakery, a lot of smooth but somewhat insincere talk, and a lot of ego and pride and superficial shallowness, in their interactions with others.

Haru's extreme humility, and his lack of pretense, perhaps appeals to Kuroyukihime a lot. She may find it refreshing, perhaps even liberating. She can "let her hair down" with him, so to speak, and not feel like she needs to fit some image that has been thrust upon her.

Anyway, that's just an idea.

I will say that I like Kuroyukihime a lot. She has the finesse and style of a Hitagi or a Homura, but the kindness of a Tsubasa or a Mami. So she's an extremely charming character, that adds an awful lot to this anime.

The highlight elements of this anime so far are definitely Kuroyukihime, the overall visual style, and the action scenes. If Haru is merely Ok, those three highlight elements will be enough to make this an excellent anime show.

But that's the key question: Haru. So far I think the anime is doing a decent job with him, but he is leaning a bit more towards angsty/emo than what I'd like.

Much needed info about Black Lotus. Chiyu and Haru had a nice moment together. Uh oh, what's up with that back door.

Nice episode~

The female characters and seiyuus are a perfect fit here. Yes, need more Black Lotus.

No time to pick up novel, so I will watch on.

Oh my god. Kuro confessed to Haru :O What an awesome build-up to the next episode.

I suspect that Kuroyuki might be incapacitated for awhile, but that does not mean her brain is not functioning. She might be able to neural link and "walk" around in the virtual world. However, considering how advance the medical science is in the series, she might recover quicker than we think. They were using nanobots (Synthetic Protein Micromachines) to repair her inside.

As for Cyan Pile/Takumu/Chiyu's Boyfriend, they mentioned that he was desparately in search of Kuroyuki to defeat her. Considering he is not one of the kings (since Kuroyuki mentioned that he would sell her information to the other kings, meaning he is weaker than her), I would guess that he is either forced or blackmailed into fighting her. Then again, it could be one of those semi-noble reasons where he needs all her points in order to rescue or achieve something of importance. Either way, I'm sure they are going to explain it somehow where he will eventually join up with Haru as one of his generals.

Excellent episode.

Fight between Cyan Pile and Silver Crow was nice. Haruyuki throwing all those punches with only one hand was good protag rage action, I really salute his efforts. Episode also went on to highlight the inferior complex both guys had for each other, and the poor girl stuck in the middle. The feelings that Chiyu never really reciporated for Takumu, and the disappointment and angst of Haruyuki when he found out about the backdoor and the culprit was very well done. The closing was a bit too sweet, with Cyan Pile losing and repenting for his actions. He still has his burst points though. Haruyuki straight away deducing Takumu's grades and kendo to be fake was kinda out of nowhere, they may wanna take note of that.

The ougis was nice to watch, thankfully Haru had something other than a headbutt, but Cyan Pile's were way better. The revenge gauge (ougi meter after getting hit by opponent) is an obvious copy to the famous Street Fighter series, but hell, its hella of a fighting game this Accel World.

Kuroyukihime's true form is way beautiful. Nothing hideous of sorts like she said, hell, such a pretty girl wouldnt be anything ugly. Looking forward to next week~

This episode 5 was the best of all A.W. episodes till now... It was totally SUGOI

I hope it keep this level of quality or even improve to the following episodes, because I have no words less than Amazing to explain this last episode!

:bliss:

Kaji Yuuki may finally have found his sweet spot as an actor. This is a role that demands overacting, and he's going to overact anyway. It's the least annoying I've ever found him in a lead role. So much camp.

As I suspected, burst linking had nary to do with KYH's health. Heck, she was all fine and dandy in the accel world, so Haru's intentions from protecting her from losing were pretty much all in vain.

And lol at Taku. So jealous because even now Chiyu gives both of them equal attention, when he wants her to all himself. But who can blame him? He basically NTR'ed himself with the backdoor.

Level up = near 'death'. Now thats new to me. The cost was ridiculous. Though its the chubby's fault for not reading.

Those Mahouka posters in the background of the book store. Hiring a female bodyguard? Sounds bad, but it will probably turn out good. What intentions does she have to help low point players, we may find out later~

What's with the focus and angles on Chiyu's athletic training? Sunrise trying to be a little eroi and sell Chiyu fan-service? I am in~ Plus some nice moments with Kuroyukihime and her beautiful black hair. I dont really understand why the seiyuu otakus say her voice actor sounds amateur (I know she is a newbie), but I think she sounds fine for me.

Outside chance I might buy the LNs and read.

I love Accel World for their cliffhangers! Cant wait for episode 7
What did Kuroyukihime found out about Takumu's intentions?
Do you think the bodygaurd would release Arita's picture to the global network?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.