Trumping Thread

corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
1. What is a trump?
A trump is a superior version of an anime/slot combination already on the forum.

2. What is a slot?
Each anime can have up to six slots - those slots are generated by combining the three main resolutions (SD/720p/1080p) and the two languages that matter (Japanese/English).
For the purpose of trumps, only filled slots matter - with one exception:
If a dual audio release is better than a single audio release in pretty much every way, it takes up both slots for the given resolution. In this case a single audio release that is superior to the dual audio release would be considered a trump and not a request (even though the single audio slot was essentially empty before).

3. Why does this matter?
Four reasons:
  • I only check for versions when adding an anime to the forum. Later releases sometimes slip through the cracks (especially when the releases are by small/unknown groups) and since those can pop up years after the original... Well, I can't monitor the whole internet, so better versions might go by unnoticed. Trumping is important to keep the anime database on the forum relevant.
  • A release that was picked for storage might get a lot worse in the later episodes, something that usually goes unnoticed by me since I only check the first one-three episodes.
  • Trumping is always allowed even when requests are not accepted.
  • Unlike with requests, users should give a (short) reason why they think the new release is better than what's already on the forum. This is mainly to avoid blind fanboyism and reduce the number of disappointing trump requests - remember, comparisons take time and not wasting mine is important to me. :p

4. Sounds good - what should I do?
Basically, when there's an anime you really like and a new version comes out, post in this thread with the name of the release group and why you think it's better than what's already on the forum. Screenshot comparisons and script exerpts help.

5. What will always be ignored?
  • Trump requests with no reason given. My time is limited, so at least do some research to make informed recommendations/requests.
  • Requests asking to compare everything ever released.

Last edited:
Trump Thread

So may I ask you something? The best solution for the series for the time being would be to download episodes 1-48 from DHD, episodes 49-65 from Ryugan, episodes 66-98 from HorribleSubs, episodes 99-150 from Hiyono/Kyuubi, episodes 151-154 from HorribleSubs (1080p), episodes 155-175 from Hiyono/Kyuubi, the 5 Ovas from Tsuki-Hatsuyuki and the movie from Tsuki right???

If you want the best quality, that would be:

1-65 Ryugan
66-97 Hiyono (translation wise is as good if not better than Ryugan, but Ryugan has better video quality)
98-175 Kyuubi or Tsuki (I'll have to compare them better)

Then there is DHD 1080p, best video/audio quality (blu-ray encode), but the R1 subs are not that good, you can always mux Ryugan or Hiyono subs with their video, something that I'll do for myself, but to share I'd have to ask DHD if there wasn't any problem with that.

The very best would be:

1-48 DHD (with Ryugan/Hiyono subs, both are really good)
49-65 Ryugan
66-97 Hiyono
98-175 Kyuubi or Tsuki (I'll have to compare them better later)

Then when DHD releases more episodes replace the subs.

I know this is stupid but I lost most of my Hiyono episodes when my external Hdd died, and now I can't find them to download, I hope Corocoro will upload/share them someday ^^

Trump Thread

Probably not - from what I read Hiyono's translation was not on par with CR's (while CR had issues at the beginning, they managed to better themselves in the year between their start and Ryugan's exit), making a Ryugan/Tsuki combination the preferred option for 720p HDTV.
I think back when I first created the thread, I used a combination of torrent, XDCC, and Usenet for the episodes, but it's quite a while since then. Oh well, some idiot had to repost them and that was that.

Re: [Hiyono] [Kyuubi] Fairy Tail

Hmm, did you read that somewhere? or did you watch the episodes? I ask this because to me Hiyono is better in every aspect, from encode to translation when compared to Tsuki. Also if you go read some comments in anidb, you'll notice most comments are positive, besides some moron that says they use CR subs:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=cmt&do=animegroup&id=50568

I also did a quick comparison from the actual episode 67 (the one I have) and took some screenshots (*.PNG), let's start with the encode, Tsubi has artifacts like alising in edges during many scenes and it is really distracting, also there is excessive cropping:

Hiyono:
image.png

Tsuki:
image.png

Then there is the typesetting, Hiyono does a better job than Tsuki, they use some small non-intrusive sfx subs for the attacks, they separate both lines (diferent color) when two people speak at the same time:

Hiyono:
image.png

Tsuki:
image.png

Hiyono:
image.png

Tsuki:
image.png

Hiyono:
image.png

Tsuki:
image.png

Last is the actual translation, I can't prove nothing here, because english is not my first language and my knowledge of the japanese language isn't the best. But Hiyono has better timing, and also when there is a small stop in speech they use separate time/lines, CR subs puts both lines in the same time, example:

Hiyono:
4a1.png

4a2.png

Tsuki:
image.png

This is just some differences in translation,

Hiyono:
image.png

Tsuki:
image.png

Hiyono:
6b1.png

6b2.png

Tsuki:
6a1.png

6a2.png

If you still use Tsuki releases it is okay, but if you know someplace I can get those Hiyono episodes (Xdcc, torrent, Direct Download) I would appreciate if you could tell me, thanks!

Last edited:

I read it, but I don't remember where exactly. You do make a compelling argument, though.
Seeing how you have the files - can you extract a longer convo (preferably one with "technical" terms) for comparison purposes? Preferably using MKVExtract to get the ASS files and then pasting the plain text as it's easier to read and faster to post. ;)

I just love the choices you make for a perfect anime collection..!! ;) I know I ask you too much but if you have some spare time can you do the same thing (you did with Fairy Tail) with the Complete Dragon Ball / Z / GT / KAI / Movies /Specials / OVAs etc Series?? (Dragon Ball 001 - 153 from DBNL etc). OR changes hat could me made in order to further improve the series if needed. Thank you very much for your time!!!! :)

I read it, but I don't remember where exactly. You do make a compelling argument, though.
Seeing how you have the files - can you extract a longer convo (preferably one with "technical" terms) for comparison purposes? Preferably using MKVExtract to get the ASS files and then pasting the plain text as it's easier to read and faster to post. ;)

Sorry, my Laptop broke, until it is repaired, I only have my ipad, when I receive it back I'll install mkv extract and send you the .ass files. Thanks.

Trump Thread

i found a better release
Code:
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=375603
it has 10-bit depth video, flac audio, and styled subtitle
but I can't make a request right now :D

Re: [DHD] Yuu Yuu Hakusho [Dual Audio] [Bluray]

I really need to get that trump thread going one of these days. Also - 110GB? Man, that's huge.

Re: Trump Thread

[MENTION=34153]sfree21[/MENTION]; I have the Hiyono release now and will look into the scripts some more when I find a bit of free time.
[MENTION=34694]Goku1085[/MENTION]; Blind-requests are a no-go. I believe we had this discussion before.
[MENTION=35514]superhil[/MENTION]; Will be up a bit later.

[MENTION=35514]superhil[/MENTION]; Yuu Yuu Hakusho (NP-Complete 1080p) (Dual Audio)

NPC is incorrectly cropped and has been smoothed too much, DHD is overcropped and aliasing wasn't treated. Both releases are rather meh, but with two episodes broken (and requests to fix them ignored), DHD is out.

Last edited:

I think my posts are deleted,,
it's turned out to be here :-D

Honestly I didn't ask you to upload all of them
just those broken episodes.

Since my filefactory account will be expired in two days, tonight I'll download all of them :D

Anyway, thank you very much.
You're awesome man !!!

Hi [MENTION=4]corocoro[/MENTION]
I'm sorry if i ask too much,,
By any chance, could you please upload the following Detective Conan 1080p movies ?
Code:
Detective Conan - Movie 06 - The Phantom of Baker Street [DCTP][1080p][H264][D9B9B401].mp4 
Detective Conan - Movie 08 - Magician of the Silver Sky [DCTP][1080p][H264][D1E15E30].mkv
Detective Conan - Movie 12 - Full Score of Fear [DCTP][1080p][H264][890BB070].mkv
Detective Conan - Movie 13 - The Raven Chaser [DCTP][1080p][H264][375616FC].mkv
Detective Conan - Movie 14 - The Lost Ship in the Sky [DCTP][1080p][H264][1E6E4D68].mkv
Detective Conan - Movie 16 - The Eleventh Striker [DCTP][1080p][H264][B3F676E6].mkv
Don't need to rush, just take your time :D

Thank you very much

Yeah. Let's hope the space lasts so I can open it before 2014. :(

dear [MENTION=4]corocoro[/MENTION]
could you please change Mobile Suit Gundam SEED HD Remaster 720p version to [TenB] release

It seems [sage] dropped it, and [OZC] just finished 5 episodes (long way to go)
[TenB] version has better audio quality (FLAC) compare to [OZC] (AAC), and video quality is almost same
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/16520
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/16521
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/16522
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/16523

Thank you very much :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear corocoro,
Clannad After Story (Doki BD 0720p) only has jap audio
So is it possible for you to extract the Eng dub from Clannad After Story (DHD BD 1080p) (Dual Audio)
And upload it on FF or RG so that we can mux it with the 720p version?
Thanks in advance, cheers!

Total Eclipse and Stein's Gate? His comparisons are on his blog.
http://brightslap.org/
I've got the files, but I need to look into it some more - he compared his (non-existent) 1080p to WhyNot's 1080p that they've been working to fix up for a year, so it's not an accurate representation. Anyway, looking into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?