[Request] Re-translation of Moldiver OVA

Haiyami

Trusted Member
Elite Member
Oct 22, 2011
Hi guys. So Moldiver has been out of print for almost 17 year now in the West. From the research that I have done, Pioneer lost their VHS release for Moldiver when converting their licensed shows to DVD. Because of that the original subtitles used were forever lost. Currently what we see on the DVD's if you can find them used on auction is Japanese and English audio. For the subtitles, the captions based off of the English dub are used to replace the subtitles. I'll list issues below.

1. Captions based off of the English dub most of the time wrong in translation. Even I knowing little Japanese can tell when basic knowledge is wrong.
2. The captions often show the name of the character speaking in front of subtitle dialogue. This is very distracting.
3. The captions that were used for subtitles are out of sync with the Japanese audio since they were based on the English audio dubbing. The lag can often be very profound.

So this is my request. IS ANYONE WILLING TO RE-TRANSLATE MOLDIVER? I don't know if anyone wants to take the current rips that can be found on the internet and create a whole new subtitle track or have someone buy the Japanese version of the DVDs and subtitle from there.

If you want to find a copy of the out of print disks I'll post information in the spoiler tag below.
You can find rips at Bakabt. If you don't have an account you'll have to go to the MIRC channel #[email protected] to get an account to grab a torrent. Or you can grab the ILA rips from me that I'm downloading. They are lower quality video but it should suffice if you are willing to translate. I'll post them on google drive.

After that I'm willing to pay for and provide hosting for the newly translated files through a torrent. If you have any questions please contact me through private message.

I MIGHT do it eventually, but I've got a few things in the pipeline I'm already doing for free. It would be after I finish Phantasy Star 20 Years Past Russian -> English, then Russian -> Japanese, then finish Tenchi OVA4, and potentially Final Fantasy VIII and X if hacking help shows up.

If you're interested in hiring me to translate Moldiver, that's different.

I MIGHT do it eventually, but I've got a few things in the pipeline I'm already doing for free. It would be after I finish Phantasy Star 20 Years Past Russian -> English, then Russian -> Japanese, then finish Tenchi OVA4, and potentially Final Fantasy VIII and X if hacking help shows up.

If you're interested in hiring me to translate Moldiver, that's different.

If you mean hire as in to do official translation for an official release? Sadly I am not affiliated with any English license company. So it will have to be done with the knowledge that the subs might end up on torrent. IF you mean hire you out through commission (such as being paid), maybe. Could I get some clarification?

Yes, hired through commission. What you do with the subs is completely up to you. If you want to keep them to yourself that is your option, and if you want to distribute publicly I'll put it on my site and throw a torrent up on Nyaa for you. Ordinarily my translation style leans literal and has honorifics, maintains some Japanese terms where it feels appropriate, etc. You can see what I mean by watching anything I've done. If you have a different preference...the customer is god as the Japanese saying goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!