Denied Uploaders permission group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocona

Reyvateil
Global Moderator
Nov 3, 2010
Well... we were talking about if we were able to add tags in the upload threads other people make and the main drawback was about the fact people would abuse it. So... how about you make a specific group. A lot of forums have a group of trusted uploaders.

I though of some of the things they could do like: add/remove tags to threads. Works cooperatively with higher-ups. Full editing powers over upload threads they make.

Since they can be trusted It would also be good to remove the tag limit from them. Of course you don't need to join the group to upload, but for dedicated uploaders to the forum, it would be helpful to them. This could also relieve some work from the mods. I'd have the idea were the admins decide who gets to be in the group.

Perhaps if you want you could add coloring to their name and add a tag below it xD Maybe this would help for the future as well.

So, that's my suggestion. Any thoughts, improvements, questions? Perhaps a different name or..?

re: [DENIED][Suggestion] Uploaders permission group.

Tag Slave sounds like a good name.

Upvote 0

Tag Slave sounds like a good name.
Well... it's like a small promotion for members to assist in helping the place or making their threads better >_> if there's any other thing we could add, why not? >_>

Upvote 0

It would be best if someone would make a Uploaders Group. Communicating would be faster, easier & organized. and a badge certified for being an uploader.

Reactions: Cocona
Upvote 0

We've discussed this and decided against it. Here are the reasons:

1. Moderating powers will not be granted to more users. We feel we already got a strong staff team and the lack of reports only confirms this.
2. The mentioned cooperation only leads to slow downs and more work for people.
2a. This can be seen on other forums with a dedicated uploader group that usually trails behind those not in it.
2b. Given how we have rules for how threads should look more cooperation is not needed.
2c. We have the request section which can be used by staff if we want to add something and don't have the time ourselves.
2d. We don't want to restrict people in what they are uploading and when. This kills the joy involved and makes people quit.
3. The only reason left would be the tagging. This in and of itself does not justify the work needed to create and maintain a new usergroup. Since thread creators can always add tags themselves this is not big enough an issue to spent a lot of time setting up a userclass, creating a rank tag, choosing people and monitoring who is doing what.

As long as no new, major ideas are brought in this can be seen as rejected. I will the thread open for a week if anyone wants to say something and then close it.

Upvote 0

Well said,
I feel relieve handling over the entire Anime-Sharing for you guys to run :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?
I made my signature over 8 years ago...Please don't judge it too harshly.
darkpachon wrote on Esan's profile.
sorry but can you upload again [121130] [STUDIO邪恋] 操心術∞(メビウス) because the links are down