HELP! Videos play in some games but not other

drmitseng

Jul 10, 2023
Hi guys, I ran into trouble with some games made by Guilty-soft. My system is a win10 64bit, the games all worked until a yesterday, after I updated Visual C++ redistributable. It just went wrong. Some games I actually installed, the animations work fine, but the ones that I just extracted, the games still run, the still pictures are displayed as normal, but the animations just show up as black screens with sound. I have removed K-lite codec pack and installed media player codec pack instead, also set the ffdshow decoding wmv1/7, wmv2/8, wmv3/9, VC-1, WMVP all to be decoded using wmv9 decoder. I have also tried installing directx that came with some of the games but it did not help at all. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to look or what to download or update to solve this problem?

You wrote that it happened after updating Visual C++, try uninstalling all the C++ and reinstalling them all.
Then restart your computer.
Download Link: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/
Afterwards it should look like this under installed programs:

If it didnt help Windows usually creates system restore points.
Might wanna check if you have a restore point from earlier where everything worked.
Just backup the important data first and for next time install Macrium Reflect Free version, make a second partition if you dont have one and create a disk image of your harddrive (when everything is working as it should of course), its worth it.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling all C++ package but to no avail, also tried uninstalling codecs and reinstalling different codec packages but doesn’t work either. I am guessing there’s something wrong DirectX, installed latest version of that but still doesn’t work, my hands are tied here. Any suggestions about where to look? And if it helps to find out what’s wrong, after I reinstalled K-lite codex pack, I get a blue screen saying error when shutting down, so I am guessing there’s a conflict somewhere causing the whole issue? I uninstalled k-lite package though. Is there any tool I can download to find out what’s causing the conflict?

Blue screen doesnt sound normal if you use Windows 10, now if its Windows 11 thats a different story.
I dont use codec packages myself since I didnt need them for anything so far.
Games run all like they should and for videos I am using MPV.

Some things that still come to my mind regarding this: you can look in Windows Event Viewer through the error logs, try deactivating firewall/antivirus, you could reinstall your graphics driver (NVIDIA/AMD) so the settings are all default again and you have the newest version and check if windows recently installed some updates, if it did uninstall those updates. You can also decide to run those games that arent working on your computer on a virtual machine like vmware and play them like that.

Maybe you could also share where you downloaded the games from just to make sure that the game files themselves are alright.

Though the easiest thing would be just to reset your Windows pc to factory settings.
Just backup all your data before on some external device like personal files, media files, bookmarks, logins, installed programs and so on. Remember dont trust windows with keeping your files.
After the reset set up all your settings (like changing unicode to japanese for eroge), install Macrium Reflect Free, make an image of your drive and you wont have any issues in the future (since you can just roll it back in like 10 minutes whenever somethings not working, before that of course always save your personal files) with the exception if your pc decides to die of course.

Last edited:
Ok I will try windows event manager to see if I can find anything odd, and download Intel graphic card(comes with laptop)driver and install again to see if it can resolve the issue. If that still doesn’t work then I will go vmware route, as I really don’t want to reset my computer. And the games are downloaded from h-suki, I guess it’s all right? Other games from there are running fine.

Ok I will try windows event manager to see if I can find anything odd, and download Intel graphic card(comes with laptop)driver and install again to see if it can resolve the issue. If that still doesn’t work then I will go vmware route, as I really don’t want to reset my computer. And the games are downloaded from h-suki, I guess it’s all right? Other games from there are running fine.

And everything is back in order simply by moving it to another hard drive and back, i guess there's something wrong with the drive i am using.

Blue screen doesnt sound normal if you use Windows 10, now if its Windows 11 thats a different story.
I dont use codec packages myself since I didnt need them for anything so far.
Games run all like they should and for videos I am using MPV.

Some things that still come to my mind regarding this: you can look in Windows Event Viewer through the error logs, try deactivating firewall/antivirus, you could reinstall your graphics driver (NVIDIA/AMD) so the settings are all default again and you have the newest version and check if windows recently installed some updates, if it did uninstall those updates. You can also decide to run those games that arent working on your computer on a virtual machine like vmware and play them like that.

Maybe you could also share where you downloaded the games from just to make sure that the game files themselves are alright.

Though the easiest thing would be just to reset your Windows pc to factory settings.
Just backup all your data before on some external device like personal files, media files, bookmarks, logins, installed programs and so on. Remember dont trust windows with keeping your files.
After the reset set up all your settings (like changing unicode to japanese for eroge), install Macrium Reflect Free, make an image of your drive and you wont have any issues in the future (since you can just roll it back in like 10 minutes whenever somethings not working, before that of course always save your personal files) with the exception if your pc decides to die of course. One way or another, this all faded into the background, because I was seriously puzzled by my academic performance. And now I'm working to improve it and this service has become a godsend for me https://assignmentbro.com/ca/do-my-assignment I have accumulated a large number of tasks that are extremely difficult to complete on my own in a short time. So I decided to ask for help.
I have the same issue

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25
uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?