Eroge industry is in trouble, we need stop torrenting

it is difficult to help them when Japanese companies do everything for us, from the West, not to buy from them! the proof is, after downloading and playing 2 Masterpiece from Astronaut Sirius: Demonium and Dungeons of Regalias, I thought "okay, it's time to return the favor to the company and buy a game!" so I bought Verethragna, but the game it crashed at the beginning, and then I contacted them, and when they contacted me they sent me that!

"your email was sent in English to the Japanese DLsite
support please note that; If you decide to shop in the
Japanese sections, we may not issue refunds for items
purchased on the Japanese site based on language-related
misunderstandings, and that our user will support, in principle,
not be available in English or Chinese for Japanese pages / items.

The Japanese website is designed by Japanese.
speakers living in Japan and can not perform support in other languages. "

seems like a joke, but it's not, the Japaneseare as usual, fucking themselves to the West. How can we help the market in this way?

Thanks for the warning and I'm sorry for that man!:(. With this virtual scam, how the japanese editors will expect our support. Scammers japanese western haters, please make us a favor....go directly to bankrupcy!:@:@.

Last edited:
Reactions: ewebsitecanada
Effectly!. Most of the guilty is from the japanese eroge industry with their dumb attitute of: "for japan sales only". So japanese editors, don't complaint if you going to brankrupcy:@.

I might have said this many times but blame Rapelay because the game contribute to that anyways~

and I'm not sure if there's any Japanese game developer that actually complaints...

it is difficult to help them when Japanese companies do everything for us, from the West, not to buy from them! the proof is, after downloading and playing 2 Masterpiece from Astronaut Sirius: Demonium and Dungeons of Regalias, I thought "okay, it's time to return the favor to the company and buy a game!" so I bought Verethragna, but the game it crashed at the beginning, and then I contacted them, and when they contacted me they sent me that!

"your email was sent in English to the Japanese DLsite
support please note that; If you decide to shop in the
Japanese sections, we may not issue refunds for items
purchased on the Japanese site based on language-related
misunderstandings, and that our user will support, in principle,
not be available in English or Chinese for Japanese pages / items.

The Japanese website is designed by Japanese.
speakers living in Japan and can not perform support in other languages. "

seems like a joke, but it's not, the Japaneseare as usual, fucking themselves to the West. How can we help the market in this way?

Why the heck did you email an English letter to a Japanese in a country that the majority of it's people never learn to speaks English...

Anyway, the "western" or "international" aren't really their targeted demography to begin with (when they develop that game), even if you happen to be able to buy it without any hassle. So, that kind of answer is expected anyways, because they don't want you and the company to lose out and damage the game further just because of miscommunication. Imagine if the company contact you using Google translate...(which is VERY BAD)

So, I understand you point on "why we can't really help the Japanese eroge developer?" but the TL;DR is because most of the games weren't intended to be marketed to us, the "international" customers. If they don't intended to sell that to the international customer, there's no point of actually providing an English support because they are not expecting a foreigner to buy their game and ask for their help if there's something wrong with their game.

But, you know what, if you really want to contact them to solve your problem, learn Japanese.

or

you can just ask for solution in the forum here and let the "expert" see what's wrong with your game, so if this problem is from the developer side, they can contact the developer in actual Japanese language.

Thanks for the warning and I'm sorry for that man!:(. With this virtual scam, how the japanese editors will expect our support. Scammers japanese western haters, please make us a favor....go directly to bankrupcy!:@:@.

If they did want the support from the "western" or "international" fans, they would find a publisher to translate them and sell their game. If they receive a report of a bug, the publisher can just pass that to the developer for checking and send the fix patch after that if there's an actual problem.

and please stop implying that "all Japanese hate western" because that's not really the case.

Reactions: ewebsitecanada
Most Japanese just don't know English, and language barrier is scary for them to trying go to the West. I heard that from Laplacian (eroge company, who created Newton and Mirai Radio).

I might have said this many times but blame Rapelay because the game contribute to that anyways~

and I'm not sure if there's any Japanese game developer that actually complaints...

Why the heck did you email an English letter to a Japanese in a country that the majority of it's people never learn to speaks English...

Anyway, the "western" or "international" aren't really their targeted demography to begin with (when they develop that game), even if you happen to be able to buy it without any hassle. So, that kind of answer is expected anyways, because they don't want you and the company to lose out and damage the game further just because of miscommunication. Imagine if the company contact you using Google translate...(which is VERY BAD)

So, I understand you point on "why we can't really help the Japanese eroge developer?" but the TL;DR is because most of the games weren't intended to be marketed to us, the "international" customers. If they don't intended to sell that to the international customer, there's no point of actually providing an English support because they are not expecting a foreigner to buy their game and ask for their help if there's something wrong with their game.

But, you know what, if you really want to contact them to solve your problem, learn Japanese.

or

you can just ask for solution in the forum here and let the "expert" see what's wrong with your game, so if this problem is from the developer side, they can contact the developer in actual Japanese language.

If they did want the support from the "western" or "international" fans, they would find a publisher to translate them and sell their game. If they receive a report of a bug, the publisher can just pass that to the developer for checking and send the fix patch after that if there's an actual problem.

and please stop implying that "all Japanese hate western" because that's not really the case.
Hey man, don't be so fussy & silly:@:@:@. Yes, maybe I exaggerated with "hate", but I don talked about all the japanese people, I only talked about the japanese editors of visual novels. Think seriously about the case of ketsuma & the attitude of Astronaut Sirius, he bought the game with all loyalty but the game had a bug and when he communicated the bug to them (yes, maybe he had to send the mail in Japanese) they only responded with excuses.

Hey man, don't be so fussy & silly:@:@:@. Yes, maybe I exaggerated with "hate", but I don talked about all the japanese people, I only talked about the japanese editors of visual novels. Think seriously about the case of ketsuma & the attitude of Astronaut Sirius, he bought the game with all loyalty but the game had a bug and when he communicated the bug to them (yes, maybe he had to send the mail in Japanese) they only responded with excuses.

He literally send an e-mail written in English to a support that only understands Japanese and only cater Japanese customers when there's an English support for it that do cater gaijin customers...

like this
your email was sent in English to the Japanese DLsite

Isn't that obvious to you?

Also, that's not Astronaut Sirius, that's DLsite support...

if you want to contact them directly, this is where you should go: http://www.astronauts.co.jp/inquiry.html

Then, you asked, "why they can write that in English?"

it's just a template that can be copy and paste anyways. It's unlikely that there's actually Japanese that speak English.

Look, I'm not being "fussy & silly", I'm being realistic. The reality is that when you buy a Japanese game that has no localization what-so-ever, if you want support from the Japanese dev, you should have written that in Japanese because not all Japanese dev understands English (Japan's English Education sucks anyways...) and you are not playing an English game anyways.

Unless it's a game like NekoPara.

How well does this company provide support is a whole other story, but what that guy did wasn't about support quality, it's basically dumb when there's obvious on the steps you should do like learn Japanese language...

Users who are viewing this thread