Do you purchase your manga?

For collecting Japanese volumes, CDJapan, Amazon Japan, and occasionally eBay are pretty good for buying them. I've gotten some solid sets off eBay for a fraction of what they would be separately.

I've got a decent collection of about 200ish books but sometimes I find it hard to justify buying manga because of shipping.
I live in the US, so I really only see merit in buying stuff in large orders but it can get pretty costly, eventually I just stopped.

I could get a used book shipped to me on amazon in Japan for like $3USD, but here that will run me up to to like $8-$9 vanilla style on Kinokuniya.
I considered Amazon Japan to be one of the best places for getting volumes set, but my last two attempts failed even after ticking the international shipping options so I just stopped fighting it.

I almost always read manga online, but if I'm really emotionally invested in a series, I'll buy the volumes to support the creator.

No i dont, im to poor :insert sad crying cat image here: or else i'd be throwing money at technobrake xd

Been switching to legit ways eventually, some works are not listed on sites but those can be asked at the least.
I still find it quite hard to proxy deal, through Japanese sites. My English has been getting okay, but trading is just over the top sometimes,
when they try to hook you up for something that you didn't subscribe to begin with... Semi-poor soon again, I hope to snipe Event year book, this time rofl.
Internet has been pretty good, but also somewhat damaging to Japan. I'll try to not hurt them more than I have done.

Quited using local manga/sci-fi shop since they over price regular costs over 4e a piece, they ship tled works from Usa, their dollar price should be the price medium for us too, apparently not.
We get charged more, why? I don't know. So bad business decision's ruin manga, when they should always be at same price here; as our currency is worth more (in number not in as value). /s

Last edited:
I have never purchased manga. If I know I can get something free, I'll will get it for free. Call me stingy, but for me, every penny counts.

I do purchase digital (or physical if they are available) to support the artists if I really like the story and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?
fpqm127 wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120909-ジュピター-絶対監獄.1204055/

Can you please reupload this file katefile or mexashare or rosefile?

Thanks.
TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg