The Tactician Tomorrow

ShadowlockIV

Zero Shifter
Elite Member
Nov 9, 2010
Well, now I present to you all another piece of writing that I've created a few months back. It should be revised but there probably should still be some areas that will be confusing or just has mistakes. I am not completely sure if my ideas really connect with each other, but please, enjoy and criticize constructively as you wish.

===========================================================================
July 8th, 2089

Humans, walking packages of free will, thought, emotion, and intellect, are considered the most advanced species on the planet. We have undergone many paradigm shifts throughout history to get to where we are now, a so-called futuristic civilization, filled with many, many new and advanced conveniences and “dream-realities”. This all came to be thanks to our learned intelligence and ground-breaking discoveries. Yet, why is it that our enhanced thinking capabilities have not prevented the abomination of the Third World War?

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” I have to agree with Einstein, assuming we’ll actually survive this war and still have the “intelligence” to start another world war. Intelligence… why haven’t we found the answer to avoiding the eternal conflicts of mankind when we’ve already reached this far technologically in society today? Why do we spend much more time trying to advance in technology when we could have spent all that on trying to figure out how to get along with each other and how to deal with everyone’s differences through acknowledging all our different situations and ways of life?

I guess this is how mankind is. We’ll never be perfect. And as I write this, I prepare my mentality for yet another violent operation. This is a prime example of what I’m talking about, they’ve used me to critically plan out the precise strategies for their war! Along with my other fellow gifted Tacticians, I could have spent my precious brainpower and time on suppressing any further violence through reason and common sense. But no, it’s all being used up to kill potentially worthy lives, instead of saving them. Perhaps us Tacticians would’ve made little to no difference at all, as society on this wretched world had already gone too far this way. We are just the smarter-than-the-average-cookies being used.

Speaking of which, why aren’t the smarter, good men the leaders of this world? It’s because the ones who possess the weapons of mass destruction control the law, they are tyrants! People are just being manipulated. Everyone is just being persuaded to believe their nations’ governments and causes are just. In reality we are killing to keep the order the way they want it… and increase their power. Every nation kills to make their people believe they’re the best nation on Earth.

And that is why I’m here with a sidearm and my personal visual table, or “giant touch screen with legs”, brightly presenting a holographic map with all of my battle plans for their operation. As I conclude my pointless ranting to myself, I prepare my mentality once more for a supposedly proud duty for my supposedly beloved nation. Another mission will be successful and more lives will be lost. But not like I can do anything about it; I’m just a Tactician with that sole purpose. I’m a man whose brainpower is being used and severely wasted on killing others like me, in a more efficient and strategic way. I’m a man who lacks freedom and is completely helpless.

I am a human whose humanity is lost.

Last edited:
Nice short story.
Is there gonna be a sequence or a full version? Perhaps about the war itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.