Immortal's Respite

beepo

Jul 29, 2012
Just a Haruhi and Alucard fanfic I wrote, enjoy!

It's been a while since I've experienced this, a feeling so steeped in the human psyche; even for me, who ceased his humanity eons ago. Primal and unassailable, there's nothing I can do to combat it. Hopelessness.

That's it. I'm hopelessly lost.

I have no clue just where I am or how I got here. It's a small room, dominated by a table in the middle, wed with a lone computer. Casually, I slide my finger across. No dust, still in use. A large bookshelf flanks the left, while a blackboard dresses the right. Beyond that, the room is sparsely decorated.

I glance out the window; a school. This must be a clubroom then, and quite a pathetic one at that. Inadvertently, I glimpse my reflection in the glass. I start.

The armor that averted me a thousand slashes, my timeworn cloak, all the trappings of my former self. Could it be...?

"Let's go, let's go!" a voice carries from beyond the door. I turn, more curious than anything. After all, what could possibly hurt me? In a school, no less.

The door flies open, admitting a female student, both hands on hips. She's fair as day, with beautiful brown hair flowing to the shoulders, adorned with a yellow hair-band, her large hazel eyes sparkling with excitement. But what draws me is her smile. A genuine, orphic smile, not belying contempt or disdain as mine so often does, but a visage of true happiness in the moment. An expression I forsook so long before, as with innumerable other things. I can barely stand to be in its presence.

She reminds me of Seras. How many years has it been I wonder...?

"Alright, you're here! I'm Haruhi Suzumiya, you can tell me your name later. For now, we need to go!" she commands breathlessly, yelling even at such close proximity. Her hand shoots out to grab mine. I imagine myself behind her, unseen as a gust of wind, and... nothing. All I managed was to stumble slightly.

"C'mon, be careful now!" Her warm palm closes around my gloved hand and, before I know it, I'm being dragged through the strepitous corridors of this school. All around, Halloween decorations equip the walls, while cheery students in all sorts of anecdotal accoutrements sidestep the bulldozing duo that is this mysterious girl and me. Yet, I'm too distracted to react.

My powers, they're gone.

The grounds are vibrant with life. Students surround us, some chatting, others heading home. Laughter plays like a melody in the evening air.

She ignores all of these though, rushing straight to the gates with me in tow. Glancing at her watch, she frowns with annoyance.

"They're late!" she growls, folding her arms and tapping her feet. "Kyon's gonna get it from me now!"

"Before that, do answer me one thing, young lady. Just where are we?" I finally manage to ask. She looks at me with surprise.

"Didn't Kyon tell you? Oh, I can't count on him for anything!" She turns to face me once more, that radiant grin unwavering. It hurts me. "This is North High and I'm Haruhi Suzumiya, Brigade Chief of the SOS Brigade! We needed someone strong for our Halloween event, but Kyon and Koizumi aren't exactly the manliest of men. So, I asked Kyon to find someone, but apparently he didn't brief you all that well, huh?" She sighs, shaking her head. "Oh yeah, what's your name?"

"Alucard," I reply simply.

"Interesting name, and those clothes, you're not from around here, are you? I bet you've seen lots of cool things abroad! Tell me about some of them!" As she gesticulates wildly, her hand accidentally brushes my face. In that instant, I understand.

I am nearly invincible, but even I am nothing before this girl. A divine being that I once trusted in, fought in the name of, and eventually turned my back on.

"This event," I whisper, "What is it?" She beams happily, clearly proud of her idea.

"Kill The Monster!"

Long ago, I denounced God together with my last vestige of humanity, turning into the creature called Dracula. For so long, I have sought to end my tiresome existence. Countless murders, legions of corpses, lifetimes of fighting. So steeped in blood, so mired in darkness, I thought I was irredeemable, my mortality forfeit.

Yet today, God has shown even me, the blackest of princes, mercy, even if for just one single day. I said there were no true immortals. Looks like I was wrong.

Does this mean I was wrong all along? Is there hope left after all?

I laugh uncontrollably, insatiably, until my sides hurt. Hurt for the first time in over 500 years. She's oblivious, still looking for her comrades.

"Look, there they are! Follow me!" she yells excitedly, running towards them.

"Yes, my Lord."

The sun has set. It's the most beautiful night I've ever seen.

Lol so there comes Alucard~ But how will kyon and everyone get Alucard back to his world? xD

The guy with the cat? xD Though i guess nagato might be able to do something~

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

How to Start a NEMT Business in Idaho?

Discover the essential steps and regulations for launching a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) business in Idaho, from licensing to operational setup, ensuring compliance and success in the healthcare transportation industry.

Read More: https://medium.com/@nemtclouddispatchsoftware/how-to-start-a-nemt-business-in-idaho-45cd46c150ee
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.
Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?