I don't know where to put this x3

Exaelia

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Helluuuu C:
It's meee! I think.... OO:
Anywayyyy, my laptop crashed so I'm using a different one. Not the point of my story by the way. So I have those virtual sticky notes and I had typed up ideas for a couple of characters. Originally, I had wanted to make them chbi, but I have considered making it into a full blown manga. To do that, I need a couple of things:
•support
•ideas
•confidence
•specified characters and character traits
•unique story line
This is what I have so far:
Setting: A park in Hong Kong Cookie,Pie, Cake, Candy, Sushi, and Momo are playing with marbles.
Candy, Momo and Cookie like Pie.
Cake likes Sushi.
Sushi likes Momo.
Pie likes Cake.
(this is just an example of a scene or something to that effect)
Cookie:
girl
chocolate chip brown hair
light brown eyes
white jeans
brown sequin top
brown uggs
Cake:
girl
hot pink hair
lavander eyes
pink polka dot tutu
light pink cupcake shirt
sky blue ballet flats
Pie:
boy
cotton candy blue hair
sparkly mint eyes
light blue jeans
blue ray-bans
white t-shirt
rainbow high tops
Candy:
girl
bright orange hair(teto)
sparkly yellow eyes
orange, yellow, white striped dress
bare feet with orange toes
Sushi:
boy
green hair
blue eyes
cargo shorts
black tank top
white vans
Momo:
girl
sparkly red hair
neon blue eyes
striped gray and white bikini top
black jean shorts
flip flops

That's it so far. It's all concept ideas. But I want to keep the original names. Any input is welcomed c:

I would suggest starting off with one character at a time and develop a background.

Consider the character's personality, hobbies, family, education, special abilities, etc.

From there, proceed to have each character interact.

This means... write up a few notes as to how each character will meet or have met each other. Write about the relationship among them whether they are rivals, friends, teacher-student, etc.

Next, try to think about the scenario.

Where will most of the story take place? Describe the whereabouts of all the characters. Think about the plot like 'if they'll be a love-triangle and they'll be fighting during some arranged marriage'.

Constantly try to think about 'what will happen next' and connect each part of the scenario.

These are just basic ideas... I hope they help you.

Osananajimis...

May it all work out for you.

Reading more manga may help just to see how they layout everything.

Hi Exaelia (○・▽・○)ノ
If you don't mind I'll quickly drop some tips for a successful story - well what I'm about to tell you isn't really much related to writing, but more to the cynical publishing that the "big dawgs" like to drop on us sheeples.

Anyways, without much blabla
According to the theory of Hall and Morley - the theory of audience reception, there are only three ways an audience can interpret a text/film/whatever.

Oppositional "I can not relate to the storyline/content/characters at all. This is ridiculous."
Negotiated "I can somewhat relate to the storyline/content/characters to my current social position."
Dominant "I can definately relate this to myself. There is a strong connection between the storyline/content/characters and myself. I can possibly see myself as one of the characters, or I find myself in a similar situation."

What you actually want to aim for is the Dominant. To do this, you find a target audience, normally a target audience that takes up a large amount of the demographic if you're talking business. Let's jump to an example, the marketing strategy of Akimoto Yasushi, the fellow Meguro-man, the genius behind Japan's biggest idol groups. He caters to a large large amount of the demographic: lonely otakus (I didn't mean to offend anyone), but these otakus who spend their whole day watching Anime/fantasizing having an imouto/highly into the innocent schoolgirl types, but obviously can never stand a change because he's a socially awkward penguin, or the middle-aged salary men with a crappy lifestyle, doesn't earn a lot, looks really messed up, lives in stress, fantasizes tentacles abusing youngschoolgirls. Realistically it would be better to consider what [MENTION=18465]renano[/MENTION] said
I would suggest starting off with one character at a time and develop a background.
Usually a contrast in character traits work well, as long as it can relate to your audience. Remember that most of the time Manga is Escapist entertainment, and in general it is part of the Escapism industry. That's what Akimoto is so ridiculously good at. So especially in manga, try not to make it relate "directly" to the audience i.e. "too realistic". Play with the fantasies of the audience.

Of course I am generalising like a mad man, but I am just writing this quickly so you don't get bored reading it.

Which is what you will need to do, this is what successful writers do, pick a target audience, find a formula to satisfy them

AND SQUEEZE THE SPONGE DRY

Which is what you will notice in mainstream media, it's always the same crap being thrown at you all the time, but us sheeples don't seem to care because we aren't really culturally competent/active.

Other than that, an important thing about storywriting, remember there are 39(?) ways to tell a story according to Todorov's theory. Remember that in one common way, there is an equilibrium, something that messes that up, and it ends in an equilibrium. This makes a rather predictable story but this is what the big dawgs always do, which funnily enough ends up in success all the time. Though I think another way, for example it doesn't end in an equilibrium is nice too sometimes (a twist), but in business it just doesn't work.

Anyways, that's all I have so far before I got to go, I'll be back soon, I can keep on going for ages if you wish!

Peace

Edit / You can find a decent and brief explanation here
http://www.slideshare.net/Die-fast-live-pretty/todorovs-narrative-theory

Last edited:
Reactions: renano
I'm surprised Pachi hadn't considered a career in journalism or as a spokesperson. (unless you did)

You'd be pretty good~

Exaelia will be grateful for your help, Pachi~

Reactions: Uninstall
Hihi thanks (o’∀’o)
Though in real life I pretty much suck at talking in front of people I'm not familiar with, and I don't really see myself doing it

Though all three my teachers of English literature, language and communications in media see myself as some sort of professor giving some sort of lecture in the future (ノ)ω(ヾ)

I don't really see myself doing that but I wouldn't mind if it would be about like... nuclear physics or seismology/vulcanology or whatever

Ah... giving lectures. That would be quite profound. You'd do well as long as you focus on the topic at hand and answer any question with equal determination.

Perhaps, Exaelia can act out her characters.

Acting out the characters can help in determining that character's thought process~

Yeaah but I think I'd get pretty nervous (´Д`●)
But in the end I do wish to create a big name for myself as some sort of mad professor (つ∀`)

..Also Exaelia could look at us here, the resources are right here. What do we enjoy? What do we wish to familiarise or identify ourselves with in relationship with a story? What do we feel is associated with certain commodities? (e.g. character types in certain genres, I found Amagami to be a perfect example of that - you have the different personalities of a girl that we like to see in a romcom. Another example is how we like to see Jackie Chan in Kungfu films) How culturally competent are we?

[MENTION=8332]samyeung46[/MENTION]

Hello~

Mad professor~ :3

For some reason, Steins;Gate popped up.

Still, you're right about that. There are plenty of resources and topics around here. ^^

Great examples you have.

I still have Steins;Gate installed on my computer, but I never played it yet.

Lol the only thing I know of Steins;Gate is that JAV parody (人´∀`)

Speaking about JAV

I don't care how serious the song is, what I see on the screen is really relevant to my sexual desires

Anyway, nowadays the Anime/Manga industry is pretty much oligopoly, big dawgs working with other big dawgs, trying to beat other big dawgs, all for the moolah. That's the reason of "squeezing the sponge dry", especially in Japan - find a formula, and just bleed it out till it's flat.

Hmm well the names would probably appeal more to a younger audience xD

What else to say about it... well probably need more info but otherwise pachi and ojou sama already said what is needed :3

Okaa-san~

Exaelia should know what to do by now to start things off smoothly.

Bye Sam~

Anime Sharing Manga... with all the members~

Anime Sharing Manga Phenomenon... rearrange to get SPAM.

Everyone dies in the end!

Like the Spanish play La Celestina, a great piece in my opinion, with a great Spanish twist

Maybe Exaelia wants something a bit more whimsical or melodramatic with the osananajimis... ^^;;

I'm not sure if she considered the genre or type of writing style yet.

/me exits for now

See you Pachi~

Peace renano, see you all later, I think I will go out soon as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
porm wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey Shine, can you please upload Version #74 for this? It's the latest update.

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/いーめいどぷらす-サバイバルゲーム-#71.1224098/