Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: WOW #1 - March / April 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 2,211 Posts
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassYour first Group
    Awards:
    WOW #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #6 Participant

Re: WOW #1 - March / April 2016

Ahh alright then..~ Tried =w=
    Ignore This Signature

~Do you have a wish?~

To the many friends that have come and gone...
    We shall miss you..~ Do drop by if you find yourself nearby..~

Made by an odd neko~
      Spoiler: Test your video editing skills or try a random game~ 

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samyeung46 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveYour first GroupCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    SOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #36 WinnerSOTM #38 WinnerSOTM #39 Winner

* |♚|KK|♚| wakes up with an energy boost coming from @Ignis; ~ (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و

First,I want to talk about giving off awards.Like Ignis said,forum competitions awards are personal trophies.Award goes to the winner and cannot be given to another member who participated the contest or not.Though unlike SoTM,WoW has a participatory award so that's the only way if someone wants to get an award for %100 chance by only placing an entry for the contest.

Secondly,I want to give a review on each entry.

To @Rain Summerfields; When I first read your story,the idea of the plot got me interested...a girl who has her dream of becoming a musician and wanted to live beyond her ordinary life,the way she was so passionate and determined made me feel that strong power of believing in something from the heart.Whatever the issue is,or how it's difficult or easy to handle,it's still real and has a potential of becoming true.And it made me wonder how many people out there would be the best in the world at something they’ve never thought of trying…she did her best and wrote her own journey/as her path of life.It was a short yet really well written story.~

To @JaxxBlaxx; To be honest,everytime I read your story I experience many feelings and ideas at the same time.It made confused,curious,excited at the same time.Each line I read,the story got more and more interesting.The plot behind is really amazing,and the way you reflected the story to the theme of journey is really enchanting.I have my questions to myself,about many things.Like I was so confused at the start,there was the feeling of 'unknown place' ,like when you feel and wonder 'where am I?'...the line 'I took a look at myself and the rest. I am “different” from them. ' shooked me,then I understood what the story was trying to tell us.The Gate,both as the name of the story and as being of the protagonist,is very clever and significant way of thinking.I could read it many times,and I'm sure I'll have many different questions appearing on my mind again.It was very well written and a captivating story.~

To @pingtoryan; Your entry is the one that makes me confused the most,I read it over 6 times yet I still have so many questions regarding on the plot of the story.Like how those all happened,and why,or why the protagonist knew everything and was so calm even though he was summoned by such a different type of realm/dimension by a non-human person with special powers.Although this was his dream,it became real...so the protagonist is a mad person with psychological problems like the story of the title or something like that?I dont know,I have so many questions.Since I couldn't understand some of the things,I'm not sure what to say.But it was a journey indeed,a very different journey.To leave humanity behind and exprience a new life/beginning at another world/place.It was confusing for me,but wasn't bad.Instead it was exciting to expect and wonder about what will happen next and such.Thank you for writing,really nice written.~

To @samyeung46; With one word 'wow',not the contest name :p .This story is the one that got me the most amazed,I could imagine/dream everything and put myself in protagonist's shoes to feel what he exprienced,it is perfectly written.The way how story continued it got more magical,it had that special aura to it...everything is beautifully written in details.I love to visualize while I read adventure type of novels and dream of feeling being there,this story had that great effect.I can read it over and over again,it never gets boring or tires me while I read.The ending was very sweet,and the whole story it self was very imaginative background to it.Only thing I have a question for is the name of the story.Besides of that it's amazing,very beautifully written.~

Also to @Frankincense; I'm looking forward for your entry if you'll decide to give a try to place it,and if you want to write horror why not?Most of the horror stories are the best journeys/adventures.And it's always exciting to read.I hope you'll decide to place your entry soon.~

- If anyone has any question,please ask~
    samyeung46 and JaxxBlaxx like this.

Hello, welcome to the forum
    I can help you in the Otome section
    Please send me a private message if there is a problem
    Please do not spam.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |♚|KK|♚| For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #1 ParticipantWOW #2 ParticipantWOW #4 Participant

Admittedly, my entry came from one big story that I keep writing in my head to this day but never materialized, only scattered concepts of one single story but never a coherent one. That was one such piece.

So I guess I'll leave things that happened there a matter of speculation, for now.
    |♚|KK|♚| likes this.
    Ignore This Signature
    Alone. It is said that our kind suffer, separated from the glory of Love. But none of us are ever truly alone. For our scholarly hearts are bound by knowledge...discipline...
    Learning is pursued in the name of the many...the studious, who generation after generation, chose the mantle-...of Dire Students.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pingtoryan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveYour first GroupCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by pingtoryan View Post
    Admittedly, my entry came from one big story that I keep writing in my head to this day but never materialized, only scattered concepts of one single story but never a coherent one. That was one such piece.

So I guess I'll leave things that happened there a matter of speculation, for now.
    You can always edit your entry until deadline.So if you want to change some stuff,you still got time~

Please do not spam.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |♚|KK|♚| For This Useful Post:

Rain Summerfields

Quote Originally Posted by |♚| KK |♚| View Post
    Secondly,I want to give a review on each entry.

To @Rain Summerfields; When I first read your story,the idea of the plot got me interested...a girl who has her dream of becoming a musician and wanted to live beyond her ordinary life,the way she was so passionate and determined made me feel that strong power of believing in something from the heart.Whatever the issue is,or how it's difficult or easy to handle,it's still real and has a potential of becoming true.And it made me wonder how many people out there would be the best in the world at something they’ve never thought of trying…she did her best and wrote her own journey/as her path of life.It was a short yet really well written story.~
    Thanks for the feedback kk. It's always nice to hear it, be it constructive or praise.
    I wrote it short, mainly because I was fearful I'd let it drag on if I wrote it any longer.
    also I had a dream like Audhild's, but unlike hers, mine never came true. : /
    |♚|KK|♚| likes this.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rain Summerfields For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 2,211 Posts
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree Friends50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassYour first Group
    Awards:
    WOW #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #5 ParticipantWOW #6 Participant

To @samyeung46; With one word 'wow',not the contest name :p .This story is the one that got me the most amazed,I could imagine/dream everything and put myself in protagonist's shoes to feel what he exprienced,it is perfectly written.The way how story continued it got more magical,it had that special aura to it...everything is beautifully written in details.I love to visualize while I read adventure type of novels and dream of feeling being there,this story had that great effect.I can read it over and over again,it never gets boring or tires me while I read.The ending was very sweet,and the whole story it self was very imaginative background to it.Only thing I have a question for is the name of the story.Besides of that it's amazing,very beautifully written.~
    Actually Chiaki and Ariya are both female, although I had written it to be vague~ Chiaki is twinny's character though I guess Im sort of just slowly building the world around these two...~ I expect her to be the only one who would understand everything that happened within the story since she is the only one to have read the bits and pieces I tossed together for the world ;p That said... I dont think I have a name yet..~
    First person perspective was exactly so it could be easy to connect to the character x3 I tried to make it as realistic as I could although... details would eat away at the word count..~
    Ignore This Signature

~Do you have a wish?~

To the many friends that have come and gone...
    We shall miss you..~ Do drop by if you find yourself nearby..~

Made by an odd neko~
      Spoiler: Test your video editing skills or try a random game~ 

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samyeung46 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Awards:
    WOW #1 Participant

To @JaxxBlaxx; To be honest,everytime I read your story I experience many feelings and ideas at the same time.It made confused,curious,excited at the same time.Each line I read,the story got more and more interesting.The plot behind is really amazing,and the way you reflected the story to the theme of journey is really enchanting.I have my questions to myself,about many things.Like I was so confused at the start,there was the feeling of 'unknown place' ,like when you feel and wonder 'where am I?'...the line 'I took a look at myself and the rest. I am “different” from them. ' shooked me,then I understood what the story was trying to tell us.The Gate,both as the name of the story and as being of the protagonist,is very clever and significant way of thinking.I could read it many times,and I'm sure I'll have many different questions appearing on my mind again.It was very well written and a captivating story.~
    Thanks for your comment! I'm really glad that the story made you feel many things. The whole story was actually based on me looking at some people waiting for a door to open, though the idea expanded into the story it is now, and I actually wrote the first half of it some time back, so it probably went out slightly confusing for you in the beginning, but all in all, I hope that your questions surrounding the story would be resolved~
    |♚|KK|♚| likes this.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaxxBlaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 964 Posts
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JaxxBlaxx View Post
    The whole story was actually based on me looking at some people waiting for a door to open, though the idea expanded into the story it is now, and I actually wrote the first half of it some time back, so it probably went out slightly confusing for you in the beginning, but all in all, I hope that your questions surrounding the story would be resolved~
    That almost makes it sound like you didn't actually intend it, but the first thing I had in mind when I read your story was an unnecessarily complex democratic/bureaucratic process. At the risk of sounding political (not that that's what I want; it's just spontaneous), this was all over my head as I kept reading:

More importantly, @|♚| KK |♚|; start adding a space after each punctuation already!
    JaxxBlaxx likes this.

Rules | XDCC tutorial | Site Support (not for download problems) | Signature Contest | IRC
    I do not take reupload requests. For ASL releases with dead links/torrents, please try XDCC.
      Spoiler: Stats 

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    More importantly, @|♚| KK |♚|; start adding a space after each punctuation already!
    I was in a rush~

Please do not spam.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to |♚|KK|♚| For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Awards:
    WOW #1 Participant

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    That almost makes it sound like you didn't actually intend it, but the first thing I had in mind when I read your story was an unnecessarily complex democratic/bureaucratic process. At the risk of sounding political (not that that's what I want; it's just spontaneous), this was all over my head as I kept reading:
    If I were to say that the story is not entirely intended, that would actually be half-true, since despite the main character turning out to be the gate was initially one of my secondary/back-up ideas, I intended him to be at the very least "special" from the rest. The addition of the voice and some other things were some improvisations I made

As for the story giving off a political impression... I have to say that I actually did not expect that nor was it intended (not that it's bad). On the other hand, I was thinking of a grand introduction as the characters were heading/marching towards their "destination"; now that I further reflect on it, I was rather unconsciously basing that part on the journey detailed by the Bible of the Hebrews from Egypt to Canaan...
    Ignis likes this.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to JaxxBlaxx For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information