Windows 8.1 Update

T-ELOS

久慈川 りせ
Elite Member
Jan 16, 2013
Does anyone here have Windows 8, and recently upgraded to 8.1 with the update? I recently upgraded, and now half of my videos don't work anymore, and the half that do have no sound. Has anyone else had a similar problem after they upgraded? What do you recommend? Thanks for your time.

Have Windows 8, but I had no idea that the 8.1 update was already out... um, could that be a problem with your drivers or something?

Well, from me: I've until now still no Win 8, I stay rather on my Win 7; Because I wait at least so 2 year for system update, at/to decide to can, if it make should or not. - Because I don't want the "child illness", how at XP or Win 7.

Well, my recommendations would for you, TKos-kun. That you rather again to the good old Win 7 change would, okay?:goodtea:~>

The only major difference in Windows 8 would be the metro interface, and I've gotten used to it already :) Nothing else has really gone wrong

I just downloaded a OST from this forum and they have no sound?? So something definitely happened after the update.

I just downloaded a OST from this forum and they have no sound?? So something definitely happened after the update.
Hmm... Did you the newest update for your player get, or did you the player checked? - Maybe is there the problem...:goodtea:~>

Well, he has said, that his half (or more) collection influenced is...>_>

~~Ah... Stupid Question. If the problem persists for only some audio/video then it is probably a codec/media player compatibility issue, like what nanashi-san suggested.

Sometime Windows update can bug certain hardware, I've had that experience before upgrading it from XP to 7. If all else fail, just roll it back to Windows 8 in my opinion.

i haven't and probly won't upgrade to windows 8, but your best options are to try a different media player.

I've played around with Windows 8 since its launch. But never touched 8.1 before cos my hardware won't support it I guess. But do try to install your drivers from your manufacture website. and make sure it's compatible (no, that's a stupid question since it's already running on win 8).

Got win8 , had sound problems in the form of crackling sounds when sounds was playing. Tried to be patient with the whole stuff changes and all, Upgraded to 8.1 nothing really new to report. Sometimes it feels unintuitive. Even though I thought that was the point of them making it more intuitive. Still trying it out for the time being, but got win7 to revert back to if I should loose my patience totally.\

Edit: Why the @F does it insist on running shit that I want closed, you have to go out of the program, then open up the little window on the side and the right click and then close it.....mygawl that stupid and is one thing getting onmy nerves. Plus after upgrading to 8.1 where is the rest of my programs on the start ? Noticed just now their gone and no button to even click to make them appear it would seem, I'm supposed to search everything now ?

Hmm... apparently my laptop is semi old but stuff broke when i did the 8.1 update =w= Able to fix it somewhat but thats still annoying...

Had 08 once but it was terrible so went back to 07 which is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.
Groups23 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Could you upload fantia.jp/posts/2683868 ?