When and what was your fist computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will98

Praetorem Kitsune
Aug 19, 2011
The title says it all.

My first computer was a pentium3 E-machines with only 256 megs of ram and a 20gb hard drive. Thing was a piece of art. I loved. Good ol' windows 2k (my favorite from Microsoft). Pacman and frogger were the only good things for that machine.

That was in 2001.

My dad's first was... a 486 and it was in 1991 or 92. It was a huge fortune. I don't know the specs as I was too young back then (grade 1)

I remember my first comp being a horizontally-put Dell with its monitor lying on top, using MS-DOS. And it couldn't even run Win 95 smoothly (That is, in and of itself, enough said lol). The only game there was Mario, and I remember having my mother open it for me whenever I want to play game (It'd be creepy enough for a kid to use command lines, now that I think of it lol)

Edit: Lol I didn't notice the "when". It was like, in 199x? I was too small then to remember.

Last edited:
So Checkmate, you were in Primary school, then.

I had gotten my very own, first computer in 2001. I was 7 too. My very first computer that I had ever used was my Dad's Dell Desktop Workstation. P4, 80Gb HDD, 768megs ram, 64 onboard GMA and a CD-RW drive. That to me was the peak of computing machines.

Mr. PhantomZwei, do you still use Dos now. Or have you forgotten and have moved onto the pretty versions of windows?

I'm using Win 7. And yes, I still use DOS in some occasions (For example, teasing my friend by changing his computer's password lol)

That's cool. I once knew a bunch of Dos commands, but now I've sadly forgotten most of them. I had to re-learn somethings when Vista came out. That was a fun OS. It was something new every day. I once messed up in dos and de-activated my account in Vista. So funny.

My first computer was an assembled machine with a P4 prescott processor, an asrock motherboard, 512mb of DDR-ram and a western digital ide-HDD of 160gb and an nvidia 5500 GPU (256mb).

My family's 1st PC was an NEC PowerMate S4100.
How I knew the model series? Easy, it's sitting in the hallway inside my house right now, outside my room.
Had it back in the '95. The OS was Windows 3.11.
I used to play Prince of Persia(1st gen), Warcraft 2, Top Gun: Fire at Will, Red Alert and the latest game that I managed to play with the PC was Starcraft Broodwar(which I bought on Christmas Eve 1998), thou I have to turn the sound off (plus some other features), just so that the game can play a lil bit smoother. :P

My first PC eh...... i dont really remember the years.
is around 200X... and the spec is... P4 2.4 GHz | 512 MB RAM | 80 GB HDD | 128MB GeForce 5500FX
thats all i remember... d(0_0)b

That... P4 config. probably would have been around 2001-2. Can't can't remember rightly though.

Last edited:
My first computer was an old year 2000 computer with intel celeron processor, 256MB of ram, 10GB of HDD and good old 17" CRT screen. It ran a Windows Millenium Me OS

My first comp was a 386 handme down given to me by a friend who just upgraded to a 486. I was constantly going a local BBS and playing games like "Trade Wars" and "Barney Splat". He had already installed Doom 1 on it as well as Wolfenstein 3D.

1982 for Xmas my dad and mom got me a Commodore 64 with ALL the external attachments. I still have it and it still all works :). Then in 86 I got a Compaq Desk Pro 386 and my grandpa got me the IBM Model a year later. My next one was in 1993 a 486DX2-66 Packard Bell. lol! GOD I remember all this crap haha it came with Windows 3.1.1, in 95 I went to Win-95 so I could play Duke Nukem 3-D wahaha what a joke that was I even got the Plutonium Pack expansion for it from 3D Realms.

I still have every one of those PC's and they work still. Guess nostalgia and all keep em in the closet :)

I should bring my P2 over...Didn't know you played Duke Nukem. That is a pretty intense game. Lots of stuff to blow up. Most odd story lines though.

Yea it is a strange one for sure lol, the new one left a lot to be desired but guess since I was such a fan of it from old I just had to get it when it finally came out.

Well, I guess in it's time, the only thing it had going for it was the videos in the game. Those weren't too bad...The guy who voiced Duke was great. That's it.

Raaawr!!!! Darn! Those Alien turds are gonna' pay for shooting up my ride.

Last edited:
my first pc ran on windows 1.0 CE... or something like that. my dad is a coder so one day i jsut kinda fucked around with it XD

I bought my first PC in 2005. One of my friends helped me built that computer. It has Celeron CPU @ 2.4Ghz, 256 MB RAM and 40 GB hard disk driver, and it ran on Windows XP.

my first computer was in 2003. 20 GB HDD, Pentium 3, Windows 98, 128 MB RAM. I already forgot the VGA

My first PC ( as in the one I bought myself, not counting the one my family had) was a Dell Optiplex around the year 2002-2003. Soon after I moved up to a Compaq Presario and then I said screw it and built a PC and I have never purchased another pre-built PC since.

My first PC was around 2006, with AMD Atlon 64 3000+ as the processor, 512MB DDR1 only lasted for 5 years
built it again myself with Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz as the processor with 4GB DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092