What is a good software to use to encode or transcode

HatoriTakaya

Destiny Awaits.
Elite Member
Nov 20, 2011
Not too sure which one is the more correct term but currently I'm wondering which software is good at dealing with RAW videos (e.g. something like video recordings produced by FRAPS) into more viable size and video format that can either:

• Be uploaded to a Video Hosting Site (e.g. Nico Nico Dounga or YouTube)
  • Or be converted into a smaller file but retain it's video quality (where the source is a RAW video format or something close to that)

Right now I'm thinking of dealing with RAW video(?) (not sure this is the correct term for files produced from video recording software like FRAPS or Bandicam) and encoding/transcoding (still kind of not sure which term is the correct term to use) to something smaller and be uploaded or shared. I don't mind spending some time learning about the methods and software. However it still has to:

• Retain Quality of Video and Audio
  • While reducing the RAW video(?) size to something manageable

I'm using Xvid4PSP...it's free, and it's functional. Don't let its name fool you; it can do more than just PSP conversion.

Surely there are better choices out there, but that's what I use. I've been using it to deal with the stuff for some time...and for most of my video encoding needs.

Reactions: HatoriTakaya
Several are out there, one of the easiest is an encoding program called SUPER, it is free and can work with just about any format. Prisim is another, it is payware but it works well.

I think MediaCoder could do what you want pretty well. It is free to use (will try to bring up an add in your browser when you close it though, so potential adware) and I use it for all my transcoding needs.

The only thing about it is it has options. Lots of options. You can micromanage a rather large amount of stuff. If you don't know anything about transcoding, it may be a little daunting, but if you know what you're doing you can generally get very nice results.

Thanks for the response so far. I'll have a look into each software to see which one suits my needs. Since I'm looking for a software that allows me to select the type of transcode I want before encoding it to a smaller file. It'll take some time for me to see the documentation for each one. Assuming it meet the initial criteria of what I'm looking for. I'll probably ask additional questions in this thread or make a specific thread once I pick a software that is freeware which will allow me to complete the scenario I had in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

rean7 wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/040130-tinkerbell-あぶない関係.819442/ to katefile or mexashare.Thanks
mikanbatake wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
dear Nihonjaki90
Do you have this PRETTY×CATION ラブラブバースデーコレクション?I used to have this but got deleted and now only dead links are present in this forum,please consider uploading this!!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi I looking for axl vocal collection cd for a long time. would you reupload these 3 files?
tekitonine wrote on Shine's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02