What to do with ISO's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proxify

Sep 2, 2012
I'm a bit new to the whole scene of games such as this, I've searched a bit around but haven't really found a solution. I've checked out a few of the site's games, but a couple of them have ISO's and I'm not sure what to do with them. Some help please?

it is a virtual CD program. just try download it

I have a couple files that I can mount with daemon tools, the game I'm trying to get is [Escude] Akatoki! -Yume Koso Masare Koi no Mahou- Visual Novel Semi-Review / あかときっ! -夢こそまされ恋の魔砲-. I'm not sure what to do with it since this is my first time roaming around files and games such as these.

In case you haven't installed it already, refer to the Daemon Tools quick guide on installation: Daemon Tools Lite Installation.

Once you're done, all you need to do is to load the ISO file by double-clicking it. Other file types that can be loaded include those with ".mdf/.mds", ".cue" and ".bin" extensions. Usually your computer's AutoPlay feature will run the autorun.exe from there.

After you're done installing the VN (most are pretty straightforward despite the likely language barrier) you'll want tools like Translation Aggregator, ITH, ChiiTrans and AGTH to get the most out of your play, though that's a different topic entirely.

So I understand that I need to mount anything I can with Daemon Tools? (.mdf/.mds, .cue, .bin) Then burn to a CD and just launch it, am I correct?

So I understand that I need to mount anything I can with Daemon Tools? (.mdf/.mds, .cue, .bin) Then burn to a CD and just launch it, am I correct?

No. The whole point of a program such as Daemon Tools is to Emulate a CD/DVD drive. There is no burning involved.

It really isn't hard to google.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be googling. I see files I haven't before so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, hence the reason why I created this thread. Asking the people who have done this plenty of times before.

Not sure what I'm supposed to be googling. I see files I haven't before so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, hence the reason why I created this thread. Asking the people who have done this plenty of times before.

A file extension you've never seen before? Then google the extension.

.iso
.bin
.cue

And so on. You'll be surprised at the results. You can also google Daemon Tools. More specifically guides on how to use it.

So I see. Alright, so I'm trying to "emulate" my drives in order for the files to launch correctly? And I also mean that are the files a big deal such as if I need to do anything with them, not touch them at all, keep it in a different folder etc. I'm basically asking that all I need mess with is the ISO file.

So I see. Alright, so I'm trying to "emulate" my drives in order for the files to launch correctly? And I also mean that are the files a big deal such as if I need to do anything with them, not touch them at all, keep it in a different folder etc. I'm basically asking that all I need mess with is the ISO file.

Yeah. It's basically a fake CD/DVD drive. When you mount an .iso file your computer thinks you put in a CD or DVD. It's all digital rather than a retail CD/DVD.

You need to download and install Daemon Tools(or a similar program, but i recommend this). And you need to decide how many drives you want it to make, this can be altered later but you probably just need one.

.iso files you can keep wherever you want. They're basically just the files to install a given game you want. So if you install a game then you can delete the .iso file after. But if you then uninstall the game and no longer have the .iso file then you would have to download the .iso again.

Reactions: Proxify
Thank you so much, I completely understand now. Just one last question to get things going, what do I need to do with the separate folders such that contain other mountable files such as .cue, .bin, etc. and/or fix patches (.exe).

Thank you so much, I completely understand now. Just one last question to get things going, what do I need to do with the separate folders such that contain other mountable files such as .cue, .bin, etc. and/or fix patches (.exe).

This varies from download to download so it's a bit hard to specify. I can recommend always reading the README file if there is one. Well the installation file could also be a .bin, .cue or .iso, so once the actual game is installed the others are probably extra material. They may contain wallpapers, soundtracks or similar so it's up to you to decide if that's something you want.

Fixes/patches are in general files you need in order to play the game. Usually you put them into the folder where you installed the game and then run the .exe but again it may be different from release. So reading the README is suggested and otherwise ask in the thread where you downloaded the game.

I need to put the patch in with the game launcher to patch it for it to work or if it doesn't work? And as for the other files, they should not be touched and left in their separate folders?

I need to put the patch in with the game launcher to patch it for it to work or if it doesn't work? And as for the other files, they should not be touched and left in their separate folders?

Some patches do not need to be in the installation folder, some do.
I'm not sure what other files you're referring to. Those that came with the download? Only the .iso and patches are important. Once the game is installed and patches you don't need any of the files you downloaded. The important files are those that are installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Roadrunner Email Support is an astonishing email support service, you can ever get. We use the expertise of our strong support team to resolve any and all issues that may arise during the use of Roadrunner emails. Roadrunner customer service team will help our helpline number +1-844-902-0608 you to get the best out of this email service.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha
Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi if you get time can you reupload this please.