Visual novel translating help

Malenfant

Nov 22, 2014
Hi there;
I'm new to this forum, and have signed up for the sole purpose of learning how to translate a visual novel through online software (note my lack of Internet skills for this task). The visual novel in particular is a (torrent download) of Dies irae: Amantes amentes. A quick rundown of my installation, just in case that's important:

1. Installed BitTorrent
2. Got a Dies irae torrent from nyaa (girlcelly download)
3. Installed Daemon Tools Lite
4. Used WinRAR to unzip the torrent, mounted the .ISO
5. Changed system locale to Japanese, ran it

With this, the game worked fine. However, there's no English patch and I don't speak Japanese, which means it's basically indecipherable. Fortunately, there are many routes for people like me to go too. Unfortunately, I don't know what I'm doing. I've tried several downloads, I'll outline one here:

1. Anime Game Text Hooker: isn't working. Using this website: https://sites.google.com/site/agthook/
(verision 2011.5.9) as a download and extracting it to my OS (C:) Drive in it's own folder (named "New"). I continue by creating a desktop shortcut, going to the properties of the shortcut, and rewriting it from "C:\Program Files (x86)\light\Dies irae -Amantes amentes-\malie.exe" to instead say "C:\New\agth.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\light\Dies irae -Amantes amentes-\malie.exe". When I press OK, it states the file path is invalid. Shortly after, several Norton Security messages come up, stating agth.exe and agth.dll, etc, were unsafe and removed. So where to now? Is there another, safer file?

Note I also tried ITH, which installed but I can't figure out how to work, and Translation Aggregator, which is also unsafe. I can go into detail if wanted/a solution can't be found here. Anyways, thanks and please help. It would be nice to start the game running before the menagerie of Thanksgiving.

Update: Figured it out.. but the translations are still pretty hard to decipher. I believe this is thanks to ITH only grabbing part of the sentence. Anyway to ameliorate this, even by just a bit? And yes, I've turned the text speed to max. Case in point:
http://i.imgur.com/DJ2jK1c.png

Last edited:
Never done this - but a suggestion. Maybe if you save the screens and then used an app to do OCR? That may work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
If you don't have a file, can you let me know?