Visual novel only works in windows 7

darkcam17

Jul 23, 2014
Hey guys, I've been running into a peculiar issue recently. A visual novel I recently got does not work at all on my windows 8 computer, it says that a dvd must be inserted even though the .exe is cracked. Strangely the exact same game runs perfectly fine on my windows 7 computer. This leads me to believe that windows 8 is blocking the verification exe from running but I have absolutely no idea on how I would go about fixing this. Was wondering if anyone here had ran into a similar issue and how it can be fixed.

What's the name of game you are referring?
Have you tried changing Compatiblity mode?
Windows 8 kinda suck so try Dual booting or VM's :(
Some games have custom Windows 8 patches for it to work.

Reactions: namalandrcont
Did already several time mentioned, but I'll then again say: Win8 is still shit for VN playing, stay further at Win7 - there standing you on safely side, okay?:goodtea:

Thanks for the help, gave up on trying to fix it going to use a VM anyone have suggestions on one?

here's a piece of advice... you want to play VN? uninstall that win 8 and return to win 7...

Well my main computer is a windows 7 machine. I just wanted to play the VN while on vacation so I was using a windows 8 laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread