Storing Anime?

wilson99

Sep 1, 2012
Just curious about where you guys store all the animes you download. I have an external 1tb that is already full. Thats because I try to get the highest quality versions available. So what kind of storage system do you use?

For me, I use custom design 120TB storage server system which takes care of all the defragments, constant data integrity, and managing SSD cached frequently accessed stuff for increased access speed and decrease hardware failures ratio (also save energy)

But I don't store a lot of animes anyway.

Wow I wish i had something like that lol. If you don't mind me asking, how much did all of that cost?

I usually use a hard drive to store my anime... >_>

I don't really store anime, I just buy the discs.

Wow I wish i had something like that lol. If you don't mind me asking, how much did all of that cost?
SAS + SAS Expander: 500$
CPU + Mainboard + 16GB RAM: 500$
Case: 300$
120GB SSD: 100$
2TB HDD: 70$

each case house 24 HDDs and 4 SSDs, so total for the SSD is 1000$ and HDD is 5000$

total system worth: 7000$

FUCKING CHEAP!!!!

Just curious about where you guys store all the animes you download. I have an external 1tb that is already full. Thats because I try to get the highest quality versions available. So what kind of storage system do you use?
The same for me ... same storage system, same problem :D

But in my case I use them for VN and not for animes. The best solution is to buy a new one if this one is full :laughpanda:

I wonder if one day you found out your favorite game has CRC error and cannot be installed... or worse, the HDD is not recongized ??

I wonder if one day you found out your favorite game has CRC error and cannot be installed... or worse, the HDD is not recongized ??
Hehe, "one day", good that this never happened before :P I install the game directly on the HDD and I play it while the HDD is connected. Besides, I can download it again and again :D

For now, everything is in my laptop hard drive. I'd back them up to the new 1TB external but my dad has it perpetually plugged to the DVD player to see that one Cliff Richard concert over and over again.

Hehe, "one day", good that this never happened before

When it happens, it's going to be 1TB down the drain

I can download it again and again

Sure, except that you cannot download via torrent since there wouldn't be any seed left. And then, good luck downloading 1TB without a few months of many premiums account (not just one), and that is - if you find any of those links alive beyond the 2012. (Tip: the Megaupload is dead)

Sure you can download it again and again for game that just been recently released a few months back but a few more years? Highly doubt it.

Your HDD is going to die. It's a certainty, it's just that you don't know when.

I use my friend. He watches every one that I do and keeps them all. I just keep them on my C drive long enough to watch them then give them to him and delete them off my hardrive.

on my laptop :goodtea: can't afford external HD and there no freaking original disc in our area oh god :shocked:

Feels kinda risky to leave it in a laptop without any backup whatsoever. Last time I did that my desktop had a virus and I lost everything. But if you're careful enough I guess it should be fine.

hmm I store all mine on my 500gb hard drive but only after I've watch the whole series.....

I store mine in my 500Gb HDD, I'm going to buy a TB External HDD and get all my anime, games, VN's and other stuff there.

Hey dudes, what are the risks of saving my stuff in an external HDD?
A guy in other forum said he lost all his anime and doujins (oh the doujins ;-;), and that he would never trust an external HDD again, that's making me think.

Your HDD is going to die. It's a certainty, it's just that you don't know when.
I know, but the time comes for everything (and everyone) ;) Used my HDD only half a year now and it's nearly full (only 40 GB left), then I have to look for something else. Maybe I'll delete something from my HDD then, cause there's no reason to play/watch something again when I didn't like it that much.

It's just crap being a student and no fix source of income :D

I store mine in my 500Gb HDD, I'm going to buy a TB External HDD and get all my anime, games, VN's and other stuff there.

Hey dudes, what are the risks of saving my stuff in an external HDD?
A guy in other forum said he lost all his anime and doujins (oh the doujins ;-;), and that he would never trust an external HDD again, that's making me think.

yeah.. just follow up this question... what's the risk of using external HDD for storage..
cause me too i'm using 1TB external...
and the reason was no BD/DVD anime here(f#%^&#$%^)...
but pirated anime DVD yes we had here but its quality sucks...
so no disks at all..

I use both DVD and HDD for storage purpose. Every two month I check the DVDs and the HDD and see if it still working. If not, then I make a new backup. Mostly are Eroge that I got from this site anyway.

I use a 3tb external drive for all my pics, vids, and music. It's about half full.

I got it for about $100 USD on eBay.

I use 1 TB same as you,and now it has 500GB available.I'm worried that it is full soon,and it's difficult for me to buy a new one because I don't have much money.

[MENTION=35781]ShakuGun[/MENTION] Yes, money is an important consideration. In the short run, I spent a fair bit. In the long run, the initial investment has been worth it.

How wonderful to see the HDD volume has grown so big. I used to have 40GB HDD, it died two month ago and it was given by a friend.

If only Bluray burner and Blank Bluray disk get cheaper:(

[MENTION=14547]Bay K.W. Arde[/MENTION] Yes, they'll get cheaper... about the time some new technology comes along and makes them obsolete! ;) lol

Checkmate, not everyone has a 120tb system and not everyone can afford it xD.
Each person has its own way to store data. But yeah sure, the posibility to get a CRC error is always there for the other type of storage like external hard drive.

Maybe tomorrow someone robs and you lose your 120tb system. (you can tell me where do you hide it, i wont tell anybody :ninja:)

Last edited:
For me, I use custom design 120TB storage server system which takes care of all the defragments, constant data integrity, and managing SSD cached frequently accessed stuff for increased access speed and decrease hardware failures ratio (also save energy)

But I don't store a lot of animes anyway.

120TB :eek:

My old anime are in DVDs but now I just have external hard drive. I plan to get rid of my Discs as they take up too much space. I tend to download complete animes and store them and watch them eventually. I think about half the anime stored I have yet to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.