zero_1234

Jun 16, 2013
I only have a dial up connection and I am relying on torrents to download files with large memory capacities (e.g. Hentai Games :)) because I could pause and then resume downloading the file in it. The problem is: not all files have torrents and only has direct download links available. It is making my work VERY difficult. Could somebody give me an idea how to solve my problem? For instance, a direct download manager which could pause and resume my downloading, something that will prevent the download from halting or something that will increase my connection speed to prevent halting. Please help :D

hey there, you can try JDownloader, I think it let you to resume download for certain DDL site.

Does it include DDL sites which are usually used in hentai games (Bitshare, Freakshare, Ryushare, etc.)?

Yes, including but not limited to those you listed above.

With JDownloader you can pause and resume DDL downloads only for filehosts that support that, such as Bitshare and Depositfiles iirc.

most of filehosts support pausing downloads if you have premium account and you use DDL links inside jdownloader.
If you're downloading as free user then it depends per filehost and not Jdownloader. If you use premium link service then you can pause downloads for all filehosts which is usually not free.

hmmmm, I have finished installing JDownloader. How does it grab the DDL on the site? Do I need to add URL's? Please teach me. I'M ALMOST THERE!!! :D

By default it is set up to grab the link once you copy it to your clipboard.

Or you can add them manually by going to file -> Analyze text with links and paste them there.

Whoa... a dial-up connection?

May I ask what download speeds you get with your connection?

Not trying to burst your bubble, but JDownloader's "resuming download" only works to a certain extent. Especially if you're a non-premium member, sites like Bitshare will limit your download heavily--if you make frequent "pauses" between downloads, the site will simply restrict your IP from downloads for the entire day.

I'm not sure what you're talking about by "Not all games have torrents". If you search Google with the following format: "[ReleaseDate][Producer](Title)", you should find at least 5 different torrents. Now the problem with those torrents being dead or alive is a different story.

DDL, I've found, is rather inefficient because it restricts download speed, you cannot resume downloads for some hosts (fortunately, JDownloader, as you did see, has resuming downloads for some hosts), and restricts transfers daily.

Although I would recommend playing around JD just so you can get the feel of it, I wouldn't suggest using it daily unless your ISP specifically restricts P2P (like my crappy school internet). There's a reason why P2P is such a popular method for filesharing--you should be happy that you have that option.

Well, here's the thing: I've been looking for [121003] [VENUS] 絆されて・・・~空手娘・千鶴の情事~ torrent and can't seem to find any. I could only find DDL's on every site. I found 1 torrent although it's dead (bad luck). So I've been looking for ideas to prevent DDL's from halting download. I've tried JDownloader but it still kinda messes up (sorrry guys). I could really appreciate it if someone would help me look for a good and working torrent for the game. Or make me one (I look desperate haha). :)

I've been looking for [121003] [VENUS] 絆されて・・・~空手娘・千鶴の情事~

Ah, thanks for the title. The reason why you can't find a torrent for that is because it's a doujin game. Torrents are usually designed for commercial games that are high in demand--aka, wanted by a lot of people. It also needs to have a lot of seeds for that reason. Doujin games on the other hand, are relatively very low in demand without a lot of people trying to get the game. Simply put, there's no reason to make a torrent for it--just make it into DDLs and let the people who want it come and get it...

I'll try to look for a torrent when I get back home (since I'm at work right now), but I make no guarantees--a quick google search brought up 20 different sites who have the DDL, but no torrents--as you said.

It's a good thing that the game is only 500 mbs--that should be good enough for you to use JDownloader and enjoy its "download resume" benefits.
If you need help working JDownloader, feel free to ask on this thread or PM me--I'd be happy to help.

Good luck!

well actually, I've already finished downloading the game yesterday using JDownloader. It took 2 DAYS, darn! I worked my PC overnight because I can't use the pause & play feature, although it doesn't halt the download so if the internet connection fails or disconnected, you could just resume downloading without starting over. Lucky I guess? :whistle: Anyways, Thanks for the help, all of you guys, for giving me ideas on solving my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread