Seeking suggestions for Web site, file, and image hosting

DocWatson

Trusted Member
Jun 10, 2019
Greetings and felicitations. I'm relatively new here, but I'm a longtime anime and manga fan. I'm looking for suggestions for Web site, file, and image hosting. Specifically, I'm the editor of the Yuribou Hentai Dictionary, which I took over several years back after Yuribou disappeared and which needs a new home, as Animetric.com's owner, Aaron Murphy, has also been AWOL, in his case since April 2015. Though the site is still up, its forums have been down since sometime after November 2018, the domain name is set to expire in May 2021, and without Mr. Murphy I can't update the dictionary. Also, I've been hosting its (few, work-safe) images on Photobucket, which objects to that. So I need a Web hosting site, one that will take basic hand-coded HTML in a text file and won't mind an R-rated anime site.

Secondly, a few years back an anonymous fan sent me the Web page files for Yuribou's Guide to Fanservice for Animators (note that some of the links do not work), which Mr. Murphy was also going to host (he put a link in Animetric.com's left sidebar for it--it's the last entry, under "Extras"). However, he never uploaded it, so I'm also looking for a host for that, preferably on the same site.

Lastly, I have a number of hentai information files (Excel and text), mostly to do with Hentai genre & fetish database for which I need cyberlockers, since while MediaFire is still up, it tends to delete at least one of them (a glossary spreadsheet), RapidShare is gone, and DepositFiles is, at the least, annoying. I know that I could go through Wikipedia's "Comparison of file hosting services", but I'm sure that someone here has a better idea of they offer.

Any thoughts?

Personally, I would advise you to try to make your own dedicated server yourself, because you will not have to pay for it. However, if your computer is too weak, then probably this solution will not be the best for you. I haven't rented any servers yet, so I can't recommend a good server, sorry.

Reactions: DocWatson
In my opinion, at the moment there are so many different services on which you can host websites. You can easily find the right one for yourself. Do you want free or paid web hosting? Free hosting services are usually slow and can turn off by themselves, but you really don't need to pay for them. From paid hosting services, I can recommend timeweb in my opinion, this is a good online hosting! Although I would probably definitely advise you to try several different services. This is the only way to understand which service suits you best. If the service that you want to rent is not new, then you can read the reviews of people on that service, people really like to leave their opinion. At the moment, there are even special services like wp crew.co where you can find a lot of useful information, so I think if you look for it, you will definitely find the very hosting service you need.

Last edited:
Reactions: DocWatson
Thanks to both of you. ^_^ I don't feel technically up to hosting it myself, so I'm (still) looking for advice.

[MENTION=201462]DocWatson[/MENTION];

You might've just thanked a pair of bots lol
I could be completely wrong but something about those two users seems off to me
marythoms' post in this thread reads like an advert, and something similar occurs with laspomkji in another thread (http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...re-clothes-etc-658334/index2.html#post5819195)

I didn't think of that, but it was very odd that I received two responses to a thread that's been dormant for almost a year and half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/