RenPSP install help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakimichi

(=^・ェ・^=)
May 29, 2011
I'm quite a noob with PSP stuff, and then this awesome visual novel port called RenPSP came out of nowhere.
I was excited to try it out, and after reading the instructions I find myself at a loss..because it wont work/show up

I'm using 6.20 PRO b10 as custom firmware by the way.

Can anyone tell me how to install it properly?

Edit: Ok it's solved
The structure directory in your psp should now look like this
PSP/GAMES/RenPsp/renpsp/
PSP/GAMES/RenPsp/games/

The RenPsp directory should have the clean_saves, dvemgr, eboot and etc
The renpsp directory should have the font and skin folder as well as lua files
then RenPsp games should be in the games directory, each game should have its own respective folder
example:

PSP/GAMES/RenPsp/games/resonance

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to install it properly?

Newer games tend to bypass the hacks/exploits done by CFW. If you have a fast computer, then might I suggest using an emulator(such as JPCSP) instead. This should get you started and feel free to stop by their forums if you have any questions.

Newer games tend to bypass the hacks/exploits done by CFW. If you have a fast computer, then might I suggest using an emulator(such as JPCSP) instead. This should get you started and feel free to stop by their forums if you have any questions.
I think you have misunderstood my post, I was asking how to install renpsp on my psp..not on my pc.

As I don't play vn on psp, I have no idea.

You might want to try here first:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/renpsp-0-2-cross-platform-visual-novel-engine-2348/

Edit: It's the last 3 or 4 comments that should help you.

I already did that...and still no luck

Hmm....well I could try to put it on my psp and see if I can get it to work.

Do you have the links to the files?

I think you have misunderstood my post, I was asking how to install renpsp on my psp..not on my pc.

Oops, sorry my bad, the first time I read your post you said "visual novel port" so I thought that RenPSP was the game itself.

So according to the readme included:

Code:
Start on cracked PSP as homebrew:
    NO GUARANTEES, USE ON YOUR OWN RISK!

RenPSP is free, but there are some rules of it's rebistribution:
1. inform [email protected] about your actions
2. provide link to c or http://iichan-eroge.blogspot.com with your release
3. do not try to earn money using RenPSP or it's parts

Note that LuaPlayer is licensed under GPL.

Start on Microsoft Windows:
    just run: win32_start.bat
    tested at Windows XP and Windows 7 
	MS Windows release is based on LuaPlayer 0.20
	LuaPlayer 0.20 exists on PSP 1.50 too

[B]Start on cracked PSP as homebrew:
    put everything in ms0:/PSP/GAME5xx/
    rename EBOOT_LPE.PBP to EBOOT.PBP to use Lua Player Euphoria v8
    rename EBOOT_LPP.PBP to EBOOT.PBP to use Lua Player Plus rev163
    tested at PSP FAT with 5.00 M33-3[/B]

I see that:
  1. It says extract "everything" to the "GAME5xx" folder but wasn't clear if whether to include the "RenPSP 0.3" folder itself or just the contents of the "RenPSP 0.3" so maybe you should try it with/without the "RenPSP 0.3" folder?
  2. There are two files available(EBOOT_LPE.PBP and EBOOT_LPP.PBP) but you only need to pick one of them to rename to "EBOOT.PBP", each of which will use a different version of the Lua Player. Have you tried using the other one?
  3. It was tested under the older 5.00 M33-3 CFW, so I guess you could try downgrading back to 5.00 M33-3?
  4. RenPSP was coded by only one developer(which explains "NO GUARANTEES, USE ON YOUR OWN RISK!") under the name of lolbot([email protected]) from the russian Iichan Eroge Team. Kindly asking for help from the developer is also an option.

Reactions: Sakimichi
Okay, first: No downgrading, no reason to do that.

I'm running 6.60, 6.35, 6.20, so on and so forth. RenPSP works just fine on all of them.

Second: Pron has it right. You just rename EBOOT_LPE.PBP to EBOOT.PBP (Either one is fine, I randomly chose which I renamed) then dump the folder into your psp's game folder. Then put your psp in cfw and you're set.

Reactions: Sakimichi
Then put your psp in cfw and you're set.
How exactly do i do that?

Also could you make it clear how you manage to make it work..where you put the folder etc.

edit: ok I managed to make it work..i didnt extract it to games 5xxx instead i put it on games..it's still quite buggy but thanks anyway for the help :)

Last edited:
Well it works for ya. So It's good.

Hey now that I think about it. I did a little bit of testing and found that sometimes Renpsp will freeze when you exit the program.

I found it does this on 6.60 and 6.35. I haven't tried any others yet..... so you'll have to hard reset if it freezes on you.

Yes I know, it's still quite unstable but I cant wait for more ports and improvements in the future :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi I looking for axl vocal collection cd for a long time. would you reupload these 3 files?
tekitonine wrote on Shine's profile.
nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.