reinserting text back into a visual novel?(tools suggestion?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hime

Quiet Fangirl
Trusted Member
Dec 29, 2010
HI guys, Himeji here, I kinda got a group of my friends inspired and we decided we will be working on translating a couple of our favorite Visual Novels into English, so We manage to extract the text via Agth and using various resources and dictionaries(and our Japanese teacher lol) to translate them. Now we just don't have a way of re-inserting the text back into the VN. One of my friend is good with tech stuff but he kinda need tools and small tutorials to really get things rolling for him. So any good suggestion or recommended tools? Once we complete our projects I'll uploaded them here for the Anime-sharing community as thanks? ;)

... well, it's a complicated matter, to parse the text back to the game engine, there are various tools and hack to do so but it varies from game to game since it depends on: the game engine, the engine version, and the protection that the game executable has.

Usually, to be able to parse the text back to the game, you must recompile the script to the game engine format, then repack it according to the game engine, modify/crack the game executable file to make it work.

There are also premade tools for popular game engine such as Key's Live (or I forgot the name)

TLWiki is a good start btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.