RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current is DDR3. The max size is at 4GB.

Upcoming is DDR4, the first was made during the first of the year, but is still having the bugs worked out of it.

Since we're talking about RAM, can I ask for confirmation here.
Is it true that 32-bit OS can only support up to 4GB RAM max?

was looking around you can reach 24 GB with 6 slots in your mother board 4Gb in each slot
thats crazy who needs that much maybe company etc but not a galge gamer thats for sure lol .

was looking around you can reach 24 GB with 6 slots in your mother board 4Gb in each slot
thats crazy who needs that much maybe company etc but not a galge gamer thats for sure lol .
You obviously never talked to Checkmate. :P

I'm pretty sure the max size can go higher than that. (Seen some boards with 32 and 64GB of ram).

Since we're talking about RAM, can I ask for confirmation here.
Is it true that 32-bit OS can only support up to 4GB RAM max?

Actually, I believe its 3gb. I have an Acer laptop with 8gb of ddr3 ram and upon an accidental install of windows 7 32 bit, I was only able to use 2.98gb of ram.

Actually, I believe its 3gb. I have an Acer laptop with 8gb of ddr3 ram and upon an accidental install of windows 7 32 bit, I was only able to use 2.98gb of ram.
I guess I have to make a longer explanation then.
On a 32bit system you have a limit of addressable memory which is 2^32 or 4GB. In a Windows system RAM and some other memory (GPU, SPU, System) share the same address space, so all of them together can only be 4GB. This factually limits you to something between 2.5GB and 3.2GB.

To fix this there are two possible methods:
1. Address space extension. Only supported by a few (server) operating systems.
2. Switch to a 64bit system. Here the limit is 2^64 or 16 EB. It's further limited in Windows though - 7 Home has a 16GB threshold, Professional and Ultimate make do with 192GB.

Oh ok, I'm crazy that I need 24GB for galge... used to have 12GB for 2 years but I keep filled it with my 2D stuff

But ofc, I also need 6 cores CPU and SSD drives for Galge as well.

Oh ok, I'm crazy that I need 24GB for galge... used to have 12GB for 2 years but I keep filled it with my 2D stuff

But ofc, I also need 6 cores CPU and SSD drives for Galge as well.

Big LOL...

he don't know how your RIG and system for run a lovely galge..

and he might be suprise if he know the details.. >,<

The next Intel High End Chipset x78 will support 32GB along quad-channel support. Might be my next rig.

2. Switch to a 64bit system. Here the limit is 2^64 or 16 EB. It's further limited in Windows though - 7 Home has a 16GB threshold, Professional and Ultimate make do with 192GB.
Unfortunately, not many game/software(currently) can run on 64-bit, or the other way around.

Unfortunately, not many game/software(currently) can run on 64-bit, or the other way around.

You must have rlly bad luck in your choice of games and software xD. I run 64-bit windows 7 ultimate and i never have had a software or game not able to run on it because of it being 64. Never goin back to 32, YOU CANT MAKE ME Dx lol

Big LOL...

he don't know how your RIG and system for run a lovely galge..

and he might be suprise if he know the details.. >,<

Shhh, let's not spoil the fun and reveal him my life support system

Don't make such a bold statement if you haven't tried it yourself mate, pretty much listening to the morons and the dumbasses will turn you into one of them, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.