Question about 'start'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyuuzo2

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2012
(this is the best place I could think of to put this question.)

Okay, I have two eroge games with 'no dvd' type patchs with them labeled as start in both of them. I honestly downloaded them awhile ago, but can't remember how to use said 'start' and continue with the game.

I'll try to help the best I can.

Perhaps, after installing the game, you would place the NoDVD patch within the same folder of the game. From there, you would only double-click on the patch. After it finishes patching, just play the game.

It could also be a patch to replace the original application of the game. If in your game folder, there is an application called 'start' just replace it with the patch. Remove the original and place in the patch instead.

I believe the naming, whether it's 'start' or something else, depending on the game, isn't really too important.

I've tried putting it in the folder and activating it, it does nothing.
I've tried Renaming after the start application and activating it, as well as putting it as _(gametitle) like a couple my games require. Still nothing.
Whats weird is the 'start' application is a much smaller size then the boot application.

edit- also tried using it when the game was booting, again like some of my games require.

Last edited:
What game are you installing? Perhaps I'll try the patch myself to see if it'll work or find some solution.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get them from this site (Like I said I got them awhile ago) also I only have there titles in japanese.

淫乱露出調教

らぶフェチ~らぶ編~

淫乱露出調教

Right now, I'm trying to download that one and see what happens.

らぶフェチ~らぶ編~

I'm checking to see if other sites have any problems.

Another question, did the patches come with the eroge or did you download the patch and eroge separately? Perhaps there's an updated patch... I'll look it up too.

Maybe you should change your region settings. If you already did that, then I guess that's not the problem. -_-

No, pretty sure my regional settings are fine. 97% of all my games work 100% fine. Theres just a total of ...5 games I have that won't. These two (just to answer the question, it was included with them, both the dvd patchs or whatever they're called, called start.) and the other three pop up some message in japanese that I assume is saying I need a activation of sorts with them.

I'll try to do the best I can.

So far, there haven't been reports on this problem with some of the sites I visited that had the eroge to download.

If you ever feel like it or have the time, perhaps try downloading from this site.

(Maybe it's not compatible like some programs only run on 32-bit instead of 64-bit. By now, I'm just racking my brain for a solution.)

Okay i'll look at downloading the version from this site. I don't think its a issue with the programming in what i'm using, its more like there a step I had to do with it that I missed or something.

This problem might indeed be related to your OS. If you're using Windows 7, try running them on XP compatibility mode, since both games are fairly old (and even from the same company)...
Also, like renano said, it's strongly advised that you change your regional settings before trying to play them, if you hadn't done so. You could try to bypass this issue with a program called Microsoft AppLocale (it's not officially supported on Windows 7 and you have to install it via command line in admin mode).

I had similar problems when I tried to run Mashiro Botan on my Windows 7 x64 -- it wouldn't run, no matter what. Then, I created a Windows XP x32 virtual machine, installed the game and it worked fine (had to enable Direct3D emulation to get it working, actually).
Another, and more recent, example is the game Navel Plus. I couldn't even run the setup without changing my regional settings to Japanese (AppLocale didn't work as well).

Evac made some good points. Try following his advice and see what happens.

About one of the games. This one 淫乱露出調教.

I got it working. XD

I have Windows 7 x86. My settings were already in Japanese when I installed. The time zone, system locale, region, language, etc.) I didn't use the 'start' yet. I right-clicked and 'run as administrator' on the original file which was called 'ags'. It popped up some Japanese text... probably some error.

Afterwards I removed the original application, 'ags', and placed the 'start' file in the game folder, but renamed it 'ags'. Nothing happened.

Then I removed the renamed file. I put back the original file, 'ags', and put the 'start' file instead. They are in the same game folder now. I right-clicked on 'start' to 'run as administrator first... nothing out of the ordinary happened. Last, I right-clicked to 'run as administrator' on the 'ags' game. And it's running.

Side note: I left my DVD-mounter running with the iso file as well. Don't know if that helped.

I also downloaded from this site.

Also, I haven't tried the other game yet.

Any progress, kyuuzo2?

Remember to properly thank renano for going out of her way to help you.

No its definatly not my os or laugage settings. I think in the end it might be a issue with the actual crack. I'm going to tinker with it a bit more a see what I can do >.<

No its definatly not my os or laugage settings. I think in the end it might be a issue with the actual crack. I'm going to tinker with it a bit more a see what I can do >.<

Sorry if I wasn't much help.

If you ever have any other issues, just ask.

We're willing to assist. :3

Too bad you still couldn't run... =/

Well, good luck. If you need something else, we'll try to help you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。