PSP modding help

Sakimichi

(=^・ェ・^=)
May 29, 2011
I'm still new at this modding the PSP to play with Jap games. Is it true that the PSP will break if I make a mistake in changing its firmware?
A user told me to use PROCFW firmware but my BF insists to use ChickHen. Can someone enlighten me about this?:(

Edit:
Anyway, since many users here use PRO-CFW, I'm trying to figure out how to remove ChickHen :{ Any ideas?

Last edited:
i myself am using the PRO-CFW. its quite good. and well...yes, there always is the possibility of your PSP bricking when flashing your psp. usually shouldnt happen, though(if done correctly).

i dont know too much about this, so this might help:
http://pspcustomfirmware.com/forum/

there should be detailed instructions as well :)

I am using PRO-CFW, just like Kiki here. And it's pretty useful, though it has a few applications that I could do without, but overall it is really useful.

And about the PSP breaking. Yes, it can damage your PSP if you do not apply the custom firmware properly. There might be some instructions to do this, so you may have less chances of damaging your PSP, unless you cannot follow simple instructions, but I bet you can do it.

yes, rena's link is better. depends on what model you own :)

I could feel blood gushing out of my nose right now, thanks for the links~ Registering to another forum is a pain :(
Anyway, since many users here use PRO-CFW now I'm trying to figure out how to remove ChickHen :{

hmm...i used to use chickhen i don't recommand it because pro is much easier but chickhen gives a pain in the ass you'll have restore default and then enter chickhen picture and do it about 10000000000 on your luck or just a couple of times till the screen goes all green then you enter chickhen and the games will show up.

Wow........

Get rid of Chickhen, (just pull battery out of psp) then load up pro-b10 cfw. That should be the end of it.

Wow........

Get rid of Chickhen, (just pull battery out of psp) then load up pro-b10 cfw. That should be the end of it.

Thanks, my BF just glared at me when I told him about it. And what's with the surprised mood? XD

I'm surprised because people are still using Chickhen.

Chickhen is just so....old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha
Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi if you get time can you reupload this please.