Problems with Windows 8.1

learn1ng

Oct 1, 2011
Hi everyone,

I recently got a laptop with Windows 8.1 installed on it and have been having problems with installing and running visual novels.

I never had any problems when I was on Windows Vista or 7 and I've done the same thing in changing the region, date display, and language display to Japan/Japanese.

But on Windows 8.1 the installers I've tried for multiple visual novels just shows characters as gibberish and so I avoided trying to force install anything to avoid any problems I may encounter from not being able to understand what the checked box next to the gibberish means.

I have the Japanese language pack installed by default and my Internet browsers can type and display Japanese perfectly fine.

Does/Did anyone have the same problem and successfully solved it? I did a quick search of the forums and didn't find any threads on this so please direct me to it if there is one already that addresses the issue.

Stranger, I'm using win 8.1 pro and play eroge without problem.
My setting is change all 3 tabs ( Formats, Location, Administrative ) into Japan.
I've got only 1 problem with text when i play golden marriage but ntleac can fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。