Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Problem when try to run Majikoi S

Hello

I am having a hard problem with Majikoi S , I used to run the game with no problem on my pc for a couple months , and for some unknown reason when i tried to run it 1 week ago i had an error.
    This is the error:

Also i want to mention every time i run the majikoi exe my process add an extra one.

Before anyone says to me you need to use the no dvd i have to mention again that i was playing the game with no problem which means i already used the no dvd , the problem happened for an unknown reason.
    Also i reinstalled the game and used the no dvd patch , the time i use the no dvd patch i get this message:

My Local System in japanese forever as i don't change it.

I tried many ways to solve , and right now i assume the problem with Settec Folder in My Documents , well its just me assuming this , because when i run the game the txt file doesn't change

(Just to recheck this file can someone check for me their text file and copy it to me)

Also i tried deleting the settec folder , the problem when i do that the no dvd patch gives a message about the missing txt file , and the game doesn't create new folder when i run it.

I hope someone can help me to fix this problem , i tried many way to fix this all failed , this why i am trying to ask people here for help.

Notes
    * Used alsignup_101029b.exe , Didn't help
    * Even tho this unrelated , i have majikoi the first game in my pc works with no problem.
    * Used older versions of alsignup
    * Reinstalled + restart more than 4 times
    * The game used to work , i didn't change anyfile inside the game and oneday after 1 week of not playing it i had this problem.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 497 Posts
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Re: Problem when try to run Majikoi S

Did you try to reinstall it while NOT connected to the internet? Also try to play while you are not connected to the internet.
    Have you deleted the registry after uninstalling the game? You can do that manual or you can use a program like CCleaner. If you are doing it manual, open "regedit.exe" (search function) and in HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software AND HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SOFTWARE search for a folder called "Majikoi! S" (or the japanese title) or look for a folder called after the developer ... but look out, if you have the original Majikoi installed too, just delete the registry with Majikoi! S.

Also, have you tried it on another PC?

There should be nothing wrong with the alsignup, since I use the same version as you (101029b)
    Ignore This Signature
    "Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the thing you can't hear, and not bothering."

Thanks
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Quote Originally Posted by pumasrevenge View Post
    Did you try to reinstall it while NOT connected to the internet? Also try to play while you are not connected to the internet.
    Have you deleted the registry after uninstalling the game? You can do that manual or you can use a program like CCleaner. If you are doing it manual, open "regedit.exe" (search function) and in HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software AND HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SOFTWARE search for a folder called "Majikoi! S" (or the japanese title) or look for a folder called after the developer ... but look out, if you have the original Majikoi installed too, just delete the registry with Majikoi! S.

There should be nothing wrong with the alsignup, since I use the same version as you (101029b)
    Hi

Thanks for the reply first.
    I will try reinstall while not connented to the internet now and will try to play while not connect.
    I used CCleaner from before because i thought of the registry problem , but i will try it now manualy.
    No i didn't try it on another pc , i am sure that the problem is from my pc , something should of happened that ruined the copy and i am sure that the problem is not from the alsignup too.

I will try all the advices and edit my post with the result.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Hi

Thanks for the reply first.
    I will try reinstall while not connented to the internet now and will try to play while not connect.
    I used CCleaner from before because i thought of the registry problem , but i will try it now manualy.
    No i didn't try it on another pc , i am sure that the problem is from my pc , something should of happened that ruined the copy and i am sure that the problem is not from the alsignup too.

I will try all the advices and edit my post with the result.

EDIT:

1- Tried the reinstall and running the game offline didn't work.
    2- I check my reg manually there was one folder only called minatosoft , i deleted it installed , then i checked my reg there was a folder called majikoi S inside minatosoft , deleted it even tho the game is installed and the same error was there.

The funny thing is my majikoi 1 was not effected and i don't even know which folder is related to majikoi 1 , for some reason i think the first majikoi had a patched exe from the start.

I still think my problem is from the Settec folder (which protect majikoi s from patch) , can you please check your settec folder in my document and check the text file inside?
    Also as i said before when i deleted Settec folder the singup will give an error about the missing txt file , i don't even how can i force my majikoi S to create a settec folder.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Try that: Found it in another forum, maybe it helps

Yeah, I had the same problem. You’ll have to uninstall all of the Microsoft security updates from your computer for December 2012 (this month). Turns out one of the updates has something to do with anti-piracy. I did just that and my game works perfectly fine now.
    You can delete them by opening the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and on the left side on "Show installed updates" (don't know how it's called exactly, since I'm using a german version of Windows)
    Ignore This Signature
    "Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the thing you can't hear, and not bothering."

Thanks
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Its late reply but i want to thanks for trying to help me , i will try the suggestion tomorrow and post the result.
    I think there is a chance that my problem is a windows updates ( I always hate when windows updates xD) , and i think the last time i tried the game was in dec or before so this solution maybe will help.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Thanks alot , the problem was fixed , it was as you mentioned a problem with windows update , Thanks all for giving some of your time to help me with this problem

The reason i didn't check the thread for 7 days because i was 50% gave up and lazy to check assuming i won't find a solution and i would never think about the window update effecting it.
    I deleted every update on dec to solve it (i don't even know what each one of them does and i don't think its that important :p)

Thanks again!
    Last edited by ArandomUser; January 18th, 2013 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Hello everyone
    I am having the same problem with settec :/
    However, right now it's June 2013.
    So do I have to uninstall all microsoft secuirty updates back to end of november of 2012 then?
    Thanks, I'd appreciate any help^^

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Sorata View Post
    Hello everyone
    I am having the same problem with settec :/
    However, right now it's June 2013.
    So do I have to uninstall all microsoft secuirty updates back to end of november of 2012 then?
    Thanks, I'd appreciate any help^^
    You can uninstall them separate. Begin with the update in November 2012. Normally this update should be enough, since I can play it and I also installed a few new updates
    Ignore This Signature

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

You can uninstall them separate. Begin with the update in November 2012. Normally this update should be enough, since I can play it and I also installed a few new updates

Okay thanks Umm one more thing though. I don't know which one to uninstall (all of them?)
    Cause there's like 5 security updates from november 2012
    And there's like 6 security updates from december 2012

I'm afraid to uninstall all of them. Do you happen to remember the name of the update itself? Or if you know for sure if it's from november or from december?
    Thank you again!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information