Problem with installing VN

I3reaker

Jul 27, 2012
Hello,

At first i've to say i'm sorry for my english, i'm german and still learning english.

Now to the problem. I've donloaded myself the game ましろ色シンフォニー -Love is pure white- as my first japanese VN becaus i'm at the moment learning japanese and i thought this is a great idea. This were the things i downloaded:

Then i took the .iso in Daemon Tools and the autorun did appear. There was te first real Problem:

There are only "????????". This is the first Problem. As there was no other aviable button i clicked the only aviable one and the the installer appears which looks like this:

I clicked myself trough the installer in hope to do not make anything wrong, and as the installation should begin there is a errormessage which looks like this:

Then the installer closes hisself and i got a .txt with this in it in the installdirection:

Code:
[Fri Jul 27 16:32:55.379] : -----------------------------------ƒCƒ“ƒXƒg[ƒ‹ŠJŽn
[Fri Jul 27 16:32:55.379] : outputPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\‚Ï‚ê‚Á‚Æ\‚Ü‚µ‚ëFƒVƒ“ƒtƒHƒj[

[Fri Jul 27 16:32:55.691] : ƒCƒ“ƒXƒg[ƒ‹Œ³ƒtƒHƒ‹ƒ_: G:
[Fri Jul 27 16:33:09.147] : ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒu‚ɃZƒbƒg‚³‚ê‚Ä‚¢‚é‚̂̓}ƒXƒ^[ƒfƒBƒXƒN‚Å‚Í‚ ‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
[Fri Jul 27 16:34:07.91] : -----------------------------------ƒCƒ“ƒXƒg[ƒ‹ŠJŽn
[Fri Jul 27 16:34:07.91] : outputPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\‚Ï‚ê‚Á‚Æ\‚Ü‚µ‚ëFƒVƒ“ƒtƒHƒj[

[Fri Jul 27 16:34:07.403] : ƒCƒ“ƒXƒg[ƒ‹Œ³ƒtƒHƒ‹ƒ_: G:
[Fri Jul 27 16:34:18.200] : ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒu‚ɃZƒbƒg‚³‚ê‚Ä‚¢‚é‚̂̓}ƒXƒ^[ƒfƒBƒXƒN‚Å‚Í‚ ‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
[Fri Jul 27 23:53:58.876] : -----------------------------------ƒCƒ“ƒXƒg[ƒ‹ŠJŽn
[Fri Jul 27 23:53:58.876] : outputPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\‚Ï‚ê‚Á‚Æ\‚Ü‚µ‚ëFƒVƒ“ƒtƒHƒj[

[Fri Jul 27 23:53:59.191] : ƒCƒ“ƒXƒg[ƒ‹Œ³ƒtƒHƒ‹ƒ_: G:
[Fri Jul 27 23:54:09.938] : ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒu‚ɃZƒbƒg‚³‚ê‚Ä‚¢‚é‚̂̓}ƒXƒ^[ƒfƒBƒXƒN‚Å‚Í‚ ‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
[Fri Jul 27 17:04:31.598] : -----------------------------------ƒCƒ“ƒXƒg[ƒ‹ŠJŽn
[Fri Jul 27 17:04:31.598] : outputPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\‚Ï‚ê‚Á‚Æ\‚Ü‚µ‚ëFƒVƒ“ƒtƒHƒj[

[Fri Jul 27 17:04:31.912] : ƒCƒ“ƒXƒg[ƒ‹Œ³ƒtƒHƒ‹ƒ_: G:
[Fri Jul 27 17:04:42.997] : ƒhƒ‰ƒCƒu‚ɃZƒbƒg‚³‚ê‚Ä‚¢‚é‚̂̓}ƒXƒ^[ƒfƒBƒXƒN‚Å‚Í‚ ‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB

Here some informations:

Windows 7 Ultimate with Japanese Language pack. I also tried to set the whole System on Japanese and tried to install the game, but didn't worked also. I tried to run the setup with NTLEA, but there are some errors with this :/ The best thing i think is first to make possible that the installer could show the Japanese letters, then the errormessage could be readed.

Anyone a idea how to solve this? :(

Kind regards,

a very sad man :/

When you try to change the computers locale to Japanese you have to do a system restart.

To change the locale go to "Start" then "Control Panel".

Click on "Clock, Language, and Region".

Click "Region and Language".

Under "Administrative" click "Change System Locale".

Set that to "Japanese (Japan)" and then restart (a restart is needed).

Does that help?

Reactions: I3reaker
Omg thank you very much, the installer works fine now :) I hadn't seen any changes as i restarted my computer, if I now don't change my locale back to my main locale, are there problems? The interface is still in my main language, there i have no problem, but can there be problem with old programms? Or does this what i did only make that programms can show japanese letters?

Thank you again and hope you can response on my questions :)

I3reaker

You can change the locale back if you like, but your computer needs to be in Japanese locale for the game to run, there are programs that can run the game without your computer being in a Japanese locale like AppLocale. But i haven't used them and have heard that they can be buggy.

As for other programs, other non unicode programs in different languages wont run. Some installers are set to detect the locale and automatically install that language (happened to me once). And I have never had any problem as most programs use unicode.

I'm glad i could be of assistance.

Reactions: I3reaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.
Groups23 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Could you upload fantia.jp/posts/2683868 ?