Password protected .noa?

pingtoryan

Elite Member
Elite Member
Apr 1, 2012
I've dug into one of those games that uses .noa as package, but apparently one is password protected (Worse yet, the only one that is password-protected is the package that contain the EVCG; I've successfully dug out the BGM and some other stuff).

Is there any way to get around it somehow? I've heard something about dumping and repacking it without password elsewhere, but that makes no sense to me.

Can you tell me what game? I've never came across one, so I'm not very sure how do they "password protect" noa but I assume it means encrypted noa.

Also screenshot me the folder that contain the game .exe and the package file that you want to extract

We don't have a dedicate section for ripping CG but for general help it is listed as "A screenshot" is often required.

If he means the encrypted noa, then it can be decrypted rather easy using EntisGLS of crass. Again, I'm not sure what he means by "Password protected noa"

For example of Oniichan Sharing:

I run this command in CLI (cmd.exe) in crage

Code:
crage.exe -p D:\Staging\onishare\data01.noa -O exe="D:\Staging\onishare\onishare.exe" -o D:\Staging\onishare\Ripped  -u EntisGLS

-p switch to locate the noa file you need to extract
-O Ouput switch (extract) operation
-exe specify the program execution, so EntisGLS can get the decrypt key from it
-o Output location (optional)
-u specify the cui - this is Entis engine - you must have EntisGLS in your cui folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: pingtoryan
It's that very game that I'm talking about - it's still very fresh so I'm rather reluctant of asking it.

Your command worked, Checkmate. Thank you for the insight...that's something a layman like me can never hope to accomplish, as I am not very computer literate nor too knowledgeable in these stuff (it's mostly Westside, CrageGUI, ExtractData, and a site or two that tells what-to-use that brought me this far, and I've only dabbled into asmodean CMD tools when I had to work with Dracu-Riot).

I might as well as provide the back-story on why I formed the "password protected" .noa thing, for the sake of knowledge.

Figure 1: The game's directory
cr70.jpg

Figure 2: CrageGUI fails, requiring end process of crass.exe to make it stop
il0w.jpg

Figure 3: Set CrageGUI to ignore errors, result. At least it won't keep going.
qsem.jpg

Figure 4: Attempt to use noa Archiver to open, the archive calls for password - *This is where I formed the hypothesis that it is password-protected, and why CrageGUI failed to get past it*
2se6.jpg

Figure 5: Attempt to extract without password: error, nothing was accomplished
paiu.jpg

data2.noa (probably system-related stuff) and data3.noa (the one that contain EVCGs) are encrypted (calls for password in noa archiver and fails to be extracted by just CrageGUI) while data1.noa and data4.noa can be easily extracted via CrageGUI or noa archiver.

When I tried the command for the first time, it got stuck and failed due to the game being installed in place that cause problem (namely, Program Files, which contain a space). I uninstalled the game and re-installed on the root of drive C, completed with maker folder. The command then worked smoothly after the necessary adjustments.

Again, thank you for sharing the command...This, and the insight gained, might be useful if I run into something like this again in the future...

I think I can take it from here converting all the eri back into bmp, one by one if need be.

Last edited:
Reactions: pumasrevenge
You don't need to uninstall and reinstall, just copy it elsewhere. I haven't came by an eroge that force me to install to play - I just install them in a server of mine, and copy the rest to my ero system. It works each and everytime without issues (as long as you have all the dependencies installed, such as visual basic runtime/direct-x)

lol... you don't do that one by one, use meiplayer, it has a mass conversion tool there.

Well, anyhow, I'm glad you get it working then. I'm willing to educate en masses the English community on how to rip and process every game CG pack out there.

Last edited:
Should make some video tutorials oneday to show certain programs/company games

You can start by working on my first tuturial in the Kii.re Section :o

Will check it out and see as i have to download the game its self. Since i have only messed around and ripped a few games for personal use i will learn the program first before i do anythings and see lol

Hmm...all I can say is that this ripping matter is heavily case-by-case.

Crage[GUI] and ExtractData would keep one going for a good chunk, but the problem lies in the specialized tools that are often required in various games. They often have different methodology, and to give a tutorial to all (and I mean every single one) of them would be a nightmare...

nah, there's only a few engine out there, they are mostly the same command.

You just need to know what tools to use. Easy enough.

It's that very game that I'm talking about - it's still very fresh so I'm rather reluctant of asking it.

Your command worked, Checkmate. Thank you for the insight...that's something a layman like me can never hope to accomplish, as I am not very computer literate nor too knowledgeable in these stuff (it's mostly Westside, CrageGUI, ExtractData, and a site or two that tells what-to-use that brought me this far, and I've only dabbled into asmodean CMD tools when I had to work with Dracu-Riot).

I hope you were already successful ripping the files. I too have a problem with the NOA archives but after reading the thread here and find out about the NOA Archiver I successfully decompressed them ... now I have many ERI files, just like you -_- Have you found out a way to convert these ERI files into something useful (so that I can open it with Photoshop/GIMP) and then convert them back to ERI (if necessary)? And then compress the archive back to NOA :D

The reason behind this is that I'm working on a German translation of Yosuga no Sora and therefore it would be really nice if I could translate the menu as well :)

Thx, it worked like a charm :) Now I just need to play around a bit and try everything out since the NOA Archiver should be able to compress the files back too. I'll give response if it worked or not.

Edit: So, okay, didn't took me too long to find something out.
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3707/ffwvkspf_png.htm

In the archives is a file called system.inf which I can't extract because of the following error:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3707/geqysskm_png.htm

As a result I'm missing a file when compressing the files back into a NOA archive. I ignored the fact the first time and I could open the game but when I click on the config menu (all the pictures were from the config menu) the game stops working -_-

Any ideas how to decompress the system.inf file?

Edit 2: I was able to extract it with Crass but yeah, the problem is still the same -_- Last thing I can imagine is that I'm doing something wrong at the conversion of the picture from .bmp to .eri. Anyone knows what I have to select?
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3707/otrc8awm_png.htm

Last edited:
[MENTION=13204]pumasrevenge[/MENTION]; just want to ask, when you use crass to extract do you use -O for special parameter? For me, test on koi iro marriage ( the only .noa i have right now ), use Jcrage, special parameter is auto check and point to koiiro.exe. I turn off ignore error and start queue. Extraction goes smoothly ( test on ev.noa ). Now i have many .eri :o_O:.
P/s: i'm beginner too...

Edit: Just use Mei player and... :D I convert .eri to bmp. I saw your ss pumasrevenge. I think you are wrong in save step. When save, choose to save in bmp. The windows in your ss is when you choose to save in eri, i guess.
BTW is there batch mode for Mei player? Edit: i found it. :D

Edit 2:
Etou... pumasrevenge, do you know which file will contain script for translate? I extract all except koisys.noa ( this one get error even i use cmd and -O ).
script.noa contains script.csx. The other contain eri, mio and mei.

Last edited:
[MENTION=33830]moemoe-kyun[/MENTION]; I used the CrageGUI.exe (here is the upload from TLWiki if you don't have it). I'm not really an expert with the command window and CrageGUI has the same function with the difference that you just have to select the file and select the output folder :D

I saved the eri files in bmp already and then I edited them since I want to make the menu in German too and then I tried to convert them back to eri (since I need to compress everything back into the noa archive). You can do that too with Mei-player but yeah, if you want to convert to eri you come along this window where you can select a few things.

The file script.csx is an archive too and if you extract it you get the script files in txt format (at least you should get it). Here is the tool I use for Yosuga no Sora and I think you should be able to extract the script files of Koi iro Marriage too. I also can tell you how to change the title of the game window if you want to but I don't know how to compress all files back to noa so that everything works. You can compress everything back to noa with the NOA Archiver (just drag and drop all the files of the noa archive in the window and then save as noa) but in my case it didn't work with the pictures so I think I made a mistake at the conversion from bmp back to eri.

Reactions: moemoe-kyun
[MENTION=13204]pumasrevenge[/MENTION]; I have already crage from tlwiki, i also have cui update and jcrage from this ( not in post #1 ). I use crage several times but i tested most on new eroge so sometime it works sometime not ( maybe because i'm lacking experience ). I guess crage is still powerfull ripping tool :D.

I tried csxtool but it didn't work.
I don't know if i do something wrong >.<
Here the download link for script.csx of koi iro: https://mega.co.nz/#!NoknGKIL!L7IpZBtghdvl_LC2kHoxRPKQhZDEG6uyOTnWayWCzsE

I'll try NOA Archiver when i get home. Thank you for the download link for those tools. :D

Unfortunately, the only tool I use to extract encrypted noa file were outline in the first page of this thread. It can used to extracted all type of Entis game, including what had been discussed here.

I don't know anything about repacking though.

I'm unable to provide any assistance beyond this point.

[MENTION=33830]moemoe-kyun[/MENTION]; I tried to extract the script.csx with a few tools but unfortunately without success. Here are all tools from TLWiki regarding the EntisGLS and I think if one of them can extract the script it's most likely the Cotopha script development tool. But since it's in Japanese I don't know how to use it :D

Reactions: moemoe-kyun

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 676387

upd
vnimlove wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
reup please - 1106310
lgbtgenshinasianhate wrote on Shine's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/✨shine✨-240328-rad-revel-【10日間限定ドスケベ4大特典付き】【全編お下品オホ声】x【全編お下品ねっとりベロチュー】低音〜ドスケベワイフ〜相愛子作りお下品チン媚びドスケベねっとり孕ませ交尾-rj01166786.1461947/
Hi,Please re-upload the file as this file is throwing an error "not compatible OS", and it does not start after trying compatibility mode as well.
somacruz63 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.