Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruyzan

bunny maid :3
Elite Member
Sep 20, 2011
which one do you prefer
well for me torrent cause i don't got that good speed

DDL Hosters - faster, not reliant on swarm size, and work well.

but it takes too much time if your uploading lots of parts
torrent with good seed number is way better .

Nope. Well seeded torrents from private trackers crap out at around 10MB/s. DDLs from filehosters go over 40MB/s for me (after that the HDD can't keep up anymore) and there's people who can push them to over 100MB/s. Torrents are way slower, even if well seeded.

Nope. Well seeded torrents from private trackers crap out at around 10MB/s. DDLs from filehosters go over 40MB/s for me (after that the HDD can't keep up anymore) and there's people who can push them to over 100MB/s. Torrents are way slower, even if well seeded.

That's not true. The bandwidth you refer to is people who live in like Sweeden, Europe or Asia. I live in the states and ISP servers only provide 40mb/s -100mb/s for corporations. You the max a normal family can get is 10mb/s - 15mb/s download speed bandwith. I prefer torrents they work better for me than parts. Besides the connections here in the US will interfer with your DDL's some times causing the file archive to be corrupt. This is true in the North West United States. Our ISP servers aren't so nice. I have never had one successful uncompression of the zipped files by downloading files broken up into parts. So I wish people would be posting torrents instead of DDL parts.

Note I have comcast and basically comcast has a monopoly over the area where I live. NO other service providers are competing.

That's not true. The bandwidth you refer to is people who live in like Sweeden, Europe or Asia. I live in the states and ISP servers only provide 40mb/s -100mb/s for corporations. You the max a normal family can get is 10mb/s - 15mb/s download speed bandwith. I prefer torrents they work better for me than parts. Besides the connections here in the US will interfer with your DDL's some times causing the file archive to be corrupt. This is true in the North West United States. Our ISP servers aren't so nice. I have never had one successful uncompression of the zipped files by downloading files broken up into parts. So I wish people would be posting torrents instead of DDL parts.
It is true, just maybe not for you. The speeds I stated are realistic if you don't live in an internet third-world country like Canada or USA. Your statement about corporate speeds is also wrong - in USA servers go up to 10Gbit/s and are seldom below 100Mbit/s.
Anyway, unless you have been downloading from Mediafire (they are known to corrupt archives on the server side which means no one can download them correctly, regardless where they live) you shouldn't have to suffer through broken downloads. Simply get a program like JDownloader or IDM which can restore broken sessions and you should be perfectly fine. If (Asian) friends of mine can download from DDL hosters on the equivalent of a 56k modem line, you should be able to do the same with a DSL2+ line delivering 10~15Mbit/s.
My other arguments about availability and reliability still stand, though. Most torrents are dead after a year since all the seeds left. On public trackers it's even worse, with many torrents dying in a matter of a few months.

I go for DDL, torrent speed and files depending on the seeders, there's so many dead torrent
and i'll have many torrent that stuck @99.9 / 99.8 % !!! LOL.

As for me, it's depend on what I'm DLing.
When I'm DLing large files, I usually prefer torrent over DDL, due to connection disruption and continuity.
But if I do have good connection and speed, I'll definitely go for DDL.

I've DLed some files using torrent which took me over a year to complete, but than again, those are really large files, almost 100GB. And I ain't complaining about that. Better have slow DL, instead of repeatedly trying to DDL the same file due to bad connection.
Currently, the largest file in my torrent is Stargate SG-1 complete 10 seasons(73.3GB), and at the estimate time to complete is 1 year 33 weeks, but then again that estimation vary on the speed of the DL.

Torrents, i fucking hate the dl links in parts. I have software to autodownload them but it still takes too much of my time and doesn't always work. Torrents save time and are generally faster assuming there's at least 2 seeds. I would gladly seed a torrent for anyone on this site if there was a lack of seeds if the up-loader could seed something for me even if i didn't want it i would definitely seed for other members of this site.
I go for DDL, torrent speed and files depending on the seeders, there's so many dead torrent
and i'll have many torrent that stuck @99.9 / 99.8 % !!! LOL.
In most cases 99.9-8% is usable if something is up to that stage u can most likely use it. Anime and uncompressed software especially.

Torrents, i fucking hate the dl links in parts. I have software to autodownload them but it still takes too much of my time and doesn't always work. Torrents save time and are generally faster assuming there's at least 2 seeds. I would gladly seed a torrent for anyone on this site if there was a lack of seeds if the up-loader could seed something for me even if i didn't want it i would definitely seed for other members of this site.

In most cases 99.9-8% is usable if something is up to that stage u can most likely use it. Anime and uncompressed software especially.

When u are a collector, u prefer have it (100%) percfectly !
if u just watch it then throw / delete it doesnt matter to have 99.8/99.9%.
and most my torrent is Eroge, and the files is .ISO and archives that doesnt have recovery records. so is completely useless..
u got error when mounting the .ISO and u can't extract the archives. i know u can force to unarchive the files, but is useless because some of the parts for the installation are missing. in the end u just got an ERROR.

Torrents.

You can set the speeds for downloads, resume if your connection get canceled and watching the screen where all the little info packets are being assembled are pretty cool.

It must be my connection why I try uncompress an archive that is broken into parts with winrar/7zip I always get a CRC error. Direct downloads usually aren't helpful. Maybe its not so much the way its downloaded as in how the zipped archives that are broken into parts because i just can't seem to unzip without getting a corrupt message.

Torrents.

You can set the speeds for downloads, resume if your connection get canceled and watching the screen where all the little info packets are being assembled are pretty cool.

You can set the speeds on DDL to when u using some download manager and u can see the process too.. :p

It must be my connection why I try uncompress an archive that is broken into parts with winrar/7zip I always get a CRC error. Direct downloads usually aren't helpful. Maybe its not so much the way its downloaded as in how the zipped archives that are broken into parts because i just can't seem to unzip without getting a corrupt message.

Yes when u have a bad connection usually u got many broken files, thats why u need to choose a files carefully, better stick with archive that contain rr = recovery records, so u can repair and extract the files.

now i am confused i asked whats better for the people around here maybe i should make a poll .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。