Like Tree2Likes

Thread: One question about DLsite (jap)

Thanks
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

One question about DLsite (jap)

Uhm...I'm not sure if this is the right section, if not, my apologies. Could somebody tell me if it is possible to buy products from the japanese dlsite with just a paypal, and no region restriction (since I live in Italy)? I searched on the net for some answers, but most of them are pretty old and confusing...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,232 Times in 829 Posts
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Re: One question about DLsite (jap)

You cannot use Paypal to pay for any adult material, Paypal forbid that explicitly. You can use your credit card (international) for DLsite

I only post what I bought. My uploads are for those who share the same taste but could not easily import them. If you can buy the game, please do it to support the company.
    Bugs report belong to the Site Support, not my inbox.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Thanks for your reply Checkmate. I see, to be honest I never bothered with credit card since for the few things I bought through internet I just used the paypal, so I'm ignorant on the matter. Could you please tell me few names/example of those credit card accepted from the site (if it's not a problem of course)?

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

I tend to use prepaid credit card for anything i use online. most sites accept visa or mastercard.
    I am not sure how well other countires prepaid cards work, as i load up 100 dollars on the card once i use that money i just cut it up lol
    Ignore This Signature
    [IMG]http://i.**********/6B4mGPC.png[/IMG]
    Sig and Avatar By Dark Angel

Thanks
    Achievements:

Yeah, I'd go with prepaid ones too if possible. Need just to check those accepted from dlsite

Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 98 Posts
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gurlok View Post
    ..... Could somebody tell me if it is possible to buy products from the japanese dlsite with just a paypal, and no region restriction (since I live in Italy)?...
    In my recognition, or as far as I have checked in the site, Prepaid Credit card cannot be used (there is exception. But it is very special kind one. So it is not available for you.)

The only possible method is using Credit cards (Visa, Master, JCB). There are other methods of payments, but all of them (maybe) cannot be used by people outside of Japan.

The DLsite of Japan does not seem to say they do not accept the Credit cards issued outside of Japan.
    But they do not say that they accept the Credit cards issued out of Japan.

So try your Credit card. If the card is available, it means the Japanese DLsite accept the payment by the Credit cards issued out of Japan. (But still there is possibility that they will not accept the Cards issued in the certain regions. I don't know these things.)

_ mrd

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by mildis View Post
    In my recognition, or as far as I have checked in the site, Prepaid Credit card cannot be used (there is exception. But it is very special kind one. So it is not available for you.)

The only possible method is using Credit cards (Visa, Master, JCB). There are other methods of payments, but all of them (maybe) cannot be used by people outside of Japan.

The DLsite of Japan does not seem to say they do not accept the Credit cards issued outside of Japan.
    But they do not say that they accept the Credit cards issued out of Japan.

So try your Credit card. If the card is available, it means the Japanese DLsite accept the payment by the Credit cards issued out of Japan. (But still there is possibility that they will not accept the Cards issued in the certain regions. I don't know these things.)

_ mrd
    Thanks for the reply mildis. My main problem is that since I have not yet a credit card, I could make one just for using it through DLsite, but I just fear that it will not be accepted at all, making it a waste since I would use it only for dlsite and (mybe) other japanese sites.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

I see. Then, if this can be help for you, I may ask the DLsite in Japan. That is, whether they accept Credit cards (of course, Visa, Master or JCB) of any regions, countries, or they do not. You say your country is Italia (Italy), I may ask them whether they accept Credit card in Italy, or not. (If you want).

I'll send e-mail to them (DLsite in Japan), and will ask these things. It is easy thing for me. I suppose you may want to purchase something in Maniax. Anyway, asking question is easy thing. (If there will be no answer from them, I will report it). Or if there will be answer, I will report here in translated English (though very poor english.)

_ mrd

Quote Originally Posted by Gurlok View Post
    Thanks for the reply mildis. My main problem is that since I have not yet a credit card, I could make one just for using it through DLsite, but I just fear that it will not be accepted at all, making it a waste since I would use it only for dlsite and (mybe) other japanese sites.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mildis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by mildis View Post
    I see. Then, if this can be help for you, I may ask the DLsite in Japan. That is, whether they accept Credit cards (of course, Visa, Master or JCB) of any regions, countries, or they do not. You say your country is Italia (Italy), I may ask them whether they accept Credit card in Italy, or not. (If you want).

I'll send e-mail to them (DLsite in Japan), and will ask these things. It is easy thing for me. I suppose you may want to purchase something in Maniax. Anyway, asking question is easy thing. (If there will be no answer from them, I will report it). Or if there will be answer, I will report here in translated English (though very poor english.)

_ mrd

Oh, I would really appreciate it if you could, as from what you can see, I don't properly read or speak japanese (I can read just hiragana, katakana and few kanji, so asking to dlsite is out of the question for me, sadly). Sorry for being a bit bothersome about it, I really appreciate your help, thank you very much

Thanks
    Achievements:

Hello,

I have sent the inquiry to the Japan DLsite through its Contact service. The answer will come to me within one business day (or, a bit more time may be required.)

I asked two points:

1) Is it possible that a person who lives in outside of Japan carries out "User Registration" in the Japan DLsite?

2) Independent from the above question, can a person who lives in outside of Japan purchase goods and pay through Credit card which was issued in the country of that person, not in Japan? And are there any Restriction regions/ countries in their programme, or not.

In my impression, all or most explanations about User registration, Purchasing, or Payment methods, in the DLsite pages, seem to be written for the people in Japan, they don't seem to explain for the people living in overseas.

_ mrd

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mildis For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information