One question about DLsite (jap)

Gurlok

Elite Member
Jul 3, 2013
Uhm...I'm not sure if this is the right section, if not, my apologies. Could somebody tell me if it is possible to buy products from the japanese dlsite with just a paypal, and no region restriction (since I live in Italy)? I searched on the net for some answers, but most of them are pretty old and confusing...

You cannot use Paypal to pay for any adult material, Paypal forbid that explicitly. You can use your credit card (international) for DLsite

Thanks for your reply Checkmate. I see, to be honest I never bothered with credit card since for the few things I bought through internet I just used the paypal, so I'm ignorant on the matter. Could you please tell me few names/example of those credit card accepted from the site (if it's not a problem of course)?

I tend to use prepaid credit card for anything i use online. most sites accept visa or mastercard.
I am not sure how well other countires prepaid cards work, as i load up 100 dollars on the card once i use that money i just cut it up lol

Yeah, I'd go with prepaid ones too if possible. Need just to check those accepted from dlsite :P

..... Could somebody tell me if it is possible to buy products from the japanese dlsite with just a paypal, and no region restriction (since I live in Italy)?...

In my recognition, or as far as I have checked in the site, Prepaid Credit card cannot be used (there is exception. But it is very special kind one. So it is not available for you.)

The only possible method is using Credit cards (Visa, Master, JCB). There are other methods of payments, but all of them (maybe) cannot be used by people outside of Japan.

The DLsite of Japan does not seem to say they do not accept the Credit cards issued outside of Japan.
But they do not say that they accept the Credit cards issued out of Japan.

So try your Credit card. If the card is available, it means the Japanese DLsite accept the payment by the Credit cards issued out of Japan. (But still there is possibility that they will not accept the Cards issued in the certain regions. I don't know these things.)

_ mrd

In my recognition, or as far as I have checked in the site, Prepaid Credit card cannot be used (there is exception. But it is very special kind one. So it is not available for you.)

The only possible method is using Credit cards (Visa, Master, JCB). There are other methods of payments, but all of them (maybe) cannot be used by people outside of Japan.

The DLsite of Japan does not seem to say they do not accept the Credit cards issued outside of Japan.
But they do not say that they accept the Credit cards issued out of Japan.

So try your Credit card. If the card is available, it means the Japanese DLsite accept the payment by the Credit cards issued out of Japan. (But still there is possibility that they will not accept the Cards issued in the certain regions. I don't know these things.)

_ mrd

Thanks for the reply mildis. My main problem is that since I have not yet a credit card, I could make one just for using it through DLsite, but I just fear that it will not be accepted at all, making it a waste since I would use it only for dlsite and (mybe) other japanese sites.

I see. Then, if this can be help for you, I may ask the DLsite in Japan. That is, whether they accept Credit cards (of course, Visa, Master or JCB) of any regions, countries, or they do not. You say your country is Italia (Italy), I may ask them whether they accept Credit card in Italy, or not. (If you want).

I'll send e-mail to them (DLsite in Japan), and will ask these things. It is easy thing for me. I suppose you may want to purchase something in Maniax. Anyway, asking question is easy thing. (If there will be no answer from them, I will report it). Or if there will be answer, I will report here in translated English (though very poor english.)

_ mrd

Thanks for the reply mildis. My main problem is that since I have not yet a credit card, I could make one just for using it through DLsite, but I just fear that it will not be accepted at all, making it a waste since I would use it only for dlsite and (mybe) other japanese sites.

Reactions: Gurlok
I see. Then, if this can be help for you, I may ask the DLsite in Japan. That is, whether they accept Credit cards (of course, Visa, Master or JCB) of any regions, countries, or they do not. You say your country is Italia (Italy), I may ask them whether they accept Credit card in Italy, or not. (If you want).

I'll send e-mail to them (DLsite in Japan), and will ask these things. It is easy thing for me. I suppose you may want to purchase something in Maniax. Anyway, asking question is easy thing. (If there will be no answer from them, I will report it). Or if there will be answer, I will report here in translated English (though very poor english.)

_ mrd

Oh, I would really appreciate it if you could, as from what you can see, I don't properly read or speak japanese (I can read just hiragana, katakana and few kanji, so asking to dlsite is out of the question for me, sadly). Sorry for being a bit bothersome about it, I really appreciate your help, thank you very much :)

Hello,

I have sent the inquiry to the Japan DLsite through its Contact service. The answer will come to me within one business day (or, a bit more time may be required.)

I asked two points:

1) Is it possible that a person who lives in outside of Japan carries out "User Registration" in the Japan DLsite?

2) Independent from the above question, can a person who lives in outside of Japan purchase goods and pay through Credit card which was issued in the country of that person, not in Japan? And are there any Restriction regions/ countries in their programme, or not.

In my impression, all or most explanations about User registration, Purchasing, or Payment methods, in the DLsite pages, seem to be written for the people in Japan, they don't seem to explain for the people living in overseas.

_ mrd

Hello,

I have sent the inquiry to the Japan DLsite through its Contact service. The answer will come to me within one business day (or, a bit more time may be required.)

I asked two points:

1) Is it possible that a person who lives in outside of Japan carries out "User Registration" in the Japan DLsite?

2) Independent from the above question, can a person who lives in outside of Japan purchase goods and pay through Credit card which was issued in the country of that person, not in Japan? And are there any Restriction regions/ countries in their programme, or not.

In my impression, all or most explanations about User registration, Purchasing, or Payment methods, in the DLsite pages, seem to be written for the people in Japan, they don't seem to explain for the people living in overseas.

_ mrd

Well, I don't know what to say, aside being thankful, you are really helping me here :) I can't wait to see the (hopefully) positive replies :D ; thanks again :)

Hello, Gurlok

I have received the answer from the staff of the Japanese DLsite. I was wondering what did I say.
The reply is as follows (this is Japanese and private message).

This is rather private, so do not cite in the other places.

The staffer says:

お問い合わせいただきまして、まことにありがとうございます。

日本語サイトにおけるユーザー登録につきましては、住所のご登録が必要になります
後払いをご利用の場合は行っていただく事が出来ませんが、クレジットカードを
ご利用の場合は問題なく行っていただく事が可能です。

ユーザー登録を行っていただいた場合、海外発行のクレジットカードの利用制限は
私どもでは行っておりませんが、クレジットカード発行会社のポリシーによっては
エラーとなってしまう場合はございます。

なお、サポートは日本語のみとなりますので、差し支えなければ
英語版DLsite.comのご利用をご検討いただければ幸いに存じます。

The outline of what this staffer says is very positive.
That is:

1) If you use credit card in payment, you can be a registered user.
2) If you are a registered user of the Japanese DLsite, you can purchase anything in the Japanese DLsite by your Credit card.
(This implies, I think, non registered users out of Japan cannot purchase goods in JP DLsite.)

There are two problems.

1) The problem of the language. The Japanese DLsite does not provide support in the language other than Japanese language. So if you cannot understand Japanese language, you cannot receive any support from the DLsite. The second point of the language problem is that registration procedure is pretty easy thing for native Japanese-users, but not easy for non native Japanese users. (As to this point, I can create the manual of registration procedure.)

2) The second problem may be more serious. The DLsite does not restrict any regions, or countries. They accept the specified Credit card, and you can purchase by using this credit card. But the staff of the DLsite says that if the policy of the Credit card company (agency) does not accept usage of your credit card in the DLsite, the Error may happen. It is not due to the policy of the DLsite, but due to the policy of the Credit card agency of each region, or each country.

This is the similar situation as that in the Amazon Japan. You cannot purchase "Adult materials" from Amazon Japan. The Amazon Japan ships their goods internationally. Exceptions are "adult materials". The Amazon Japan does not ship the adult materials overseas. This comes from the international situations. Because Amazon Japan sells and ships adult materials to Japanese adult people.

Whether you can purchase adult materials in the Japanese DLsite is dependent on the policy of your credit card agency.
The Japanese DLsite has no relation in this phase. They recommend to use the English DLsite, however. (I suppose the reasons are not only the language problem. Of course, it is big problem.)

The situation is like this.

In my opinion, the policy is different by each agency. Each company has their own policy, so the situation is rather positive (You may choose the agency which allows you to use credit card in the DLsite.). But I don't know the policies of companies of other countries.

_ mrd

mildis, I really appreciate what you have done, you have my admiration, (and my thanks of course). So to put it short, I need to look for 2 things: being able to register, and look for a credit card in my country which allow me to buy adult material from dlsite, right? There is one thing which i'd like to clarify: are the products purchased from dlsite (adult ones) distribuited to the customer through direct download? can you confirm me this? Thank you very much for your help, and i feel to apologise too, sorry if i'm acting like an opportunist :(

are the products purchased from dlsite (adult ones) distribuited to the customer through direct download? can you confirm me this?

Yes, DLsite only distribute their stuff digitally. My friends were be able to order from DLsite (Japanese one, not the English) just fine in the past (nearly a year ago) using Master/Visa. He lives in Australia.

Nice, good to know! Thanks to have clarified this to me Checkmate :)

Hello.I usually purchase on the english side and am trying to register on Maniax but like any Japanese site they're asking for Zip Codes, Regions, phone number etc...Must I use a fake residence?

i remember they only asked phone number (just type random numbers :D). The most annoyed part is you must input a name in full and furigana.

Re: One question about DLsite (Japanese)

At this point (3rd, May 2015), the registration procedure is as follows. (The procedure will change in future):

See the steps with the Images (screenshots + explanation):

Step 1

First, Open the DLsite Maniax top page:

ht tp://www.dlsite.com/maniax/

The following page appears (the design or lay-out will be a bit different, if this is your first visit):

Explanation:

ユーザー登録(無料) = User Registration (free)
ログイン = Log-in -- (after registration, when you log in, click this button and enter your ID and password to log in.)
マイ・ページ = My Page -- (various info about you are shown in this page. Also you can change your e-mail or password etc.)
お気に入り = Bookmark -- (Bookmarked items will be shown. maybe. I didn't use this features.)
カート = Cart (Shopping Cart) -- (When you select the item and add it in your Cart, the item is stored in the Cart. You can add multiple items in cart.)
These are basic features in the DLsite.

Click ユーザー登録, then registration procedure is started.

Step 2

The following page appears:

There are two types of Payment.

Option 1] 支払い:前払い Payment before you receive the item
Option 2] 支払い:後払い Payment after you received the item

You should select Option 1 - 前払い (mae-barai). If you select Option 2, you should enter your address and other info.
If you select Option 1, you should enter effective e-mail address, telephone number, your name, but no need to enter your address.

Click the Button to proceed registration procedure.

Note: At the bottom of the page, there is the same button. These two buttons have the same role.

Step 3

Firstly, decide and enter your User ID (Account) in the top box. Do not forget this User ID

There are two options:

Option 1] 今すぐ登録完了 -- On-line registration (Registration through e-mail)
Option 2] 郵送で登録完了 -- Registration through postal mail (so, your address is required)

You should select Option 1. Confirm Radio-button of クレジットカード (Credit Card) is ON. You need Credit card.
After confirming the Credit Card is ON, Click the Orange button at the bottom of the page.

Step 4

In this page, you should enter various info about you.
Your name, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, and Password.

At the left side of the page, there are various menu titles on marine blue background.

From up to down, these are: (the item with *, you cannot skip this).

ユーザー情報 Info about the User (You)
お名前 * Your name (Usually, Kanji and Hiragana)
お名前フリガナ * Your name in Katakana
電話番号 * Telephone number
生年月日 * Your date of Birth
メールアドレス * Your e-mail address

各種設定
ダウンロード制限金額 * The maximum amount of Payment per month
メールマガジン Mail magazines

パスワード Password
パシワード * Your Password (to log in)

Campaign
キャンペーンコード Campaign Code

I have already entered all the necessary info in the image.

1] Your Name: Write in Katakana in both spaces
for instance: If your name is "Mary Checkmode", write メアリーチェックモード etc. in the both sapces. (I tried, but the form does not accept "Name in latin letters). Enter the same Katakana name in the both boxes. That may go. (I tried to enter "John Wigdom", but it was not accepted. So I entered "ジョンウィグダム". This was OK.

2] Telephone number: Enter 9 digits figures or so.
In Japan telephone number: 03 (Tokyo), 06 (Osaka), 075 (Kyoto).
Enter any number (9 digits and starting with 0 is preferable. not use hyphen.)

3] Date of Birth: You had better to enter the correct date. You should be over 18. (Note): "西暦1971年3月7日" is March 7th, 1971 AD. Not "July 3rd".

4] e-mail address: Enter the effective address. Because, confirmation is through this e-mail address.

5] ダウンロード制限金額: I selected Yen 30,000- This means I can purchase items when the amount of payments is under Yen 30,000- If I try to purchase more item, the DLsite will not allow to purchase. If you select Yen 0-, you cannot purchase anything. There may be no Yen 0 item.Yen 10,000-, Yen 30,000-, Yen 50,000- Whichever you may select.

6] Mail Magazeines: DLsite sends you mail magazines with various info. There are three Mail Magazines: 1] Magazine for Male. 2] Magazine for Female. and 3] Magazine for Gay people.
[Important] The default is "Mail Magazine for Male". Remove tick, if you don't want.

7] Password: Alphanumeric: 6 to 20 characters. You should enter twice.

8] Campaign Code: Maybe no relation. keep empty.

Note You do not use 戻る button. If you want to change entered item, then stay in this page and change.

Confirm everything are OK, then proceed to the next step. Click Orange button.

Step 5

The following page appears (this is part of page):

Confirm the Entries you entered in the former page. If they are Okay, Click the Send Button.

If there will be no troubles or mistakes, confirmation e-mail will reach to your mailer.
Open it, and click the specified URL. And Log-In the DLsite as a new User. Then, Registration Procedures will complete.

------------------------------------------
Note: Addition

Soray777 asked one question above. I reply my test result here.

Thank you Mildi for the guide :)
Just a question thought...example , If I register in DLSite Maniax. and want to buy something from other DLSite ( like DLsite All Age ) will I need to register for another account? or the account is shared between them?

In conclusion, the DLsite ID is common in all the DLsite sections. (possibly)
Because, I logged-in the DLsite from the All the Ages forum (main forum). Then, I was log-in status in the other three sections, Maniax, Girls, and Gay.
(Registration procedure seems to be same in all four Sections. Home, Maniax, Girls, and Gay. So one ID can be used for all the sections in the DLsite).

_ mrd

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the new "how to register" guide, It's nice to see that you took your time to help some fellow members :). Just out of curiosity, how come you say that it will change in future?

Thank you Mildi for the guide :)
Just a question thought...example , If I register in DLSite Maniax. and want to buy something from other DLSite ( like DLsite All Age ) will I need to register for another account? or the account is shared between them?

Thanks for the guide mildis :)

Is there any way to see past purchased works?

Ok , I have a question..

Does DLsite sometimes remove their products?
Because I can't see " [Finish!] 陵辱学園チアガールズ公開調教 " on DLSite Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks