NEWS !!!!

r.bednarski

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2011
The MPAA has submitted a new list of “notorious websites” to the Office of the US Trade Representative, sites that are all in danger of becoming the target of planned U.S. legislation. The list contains the most-visited torrent sites including The Pirate Bay, file-hosting and linking sites such as MegaUpload, and Russia’s Facebook equivalent, VKontakte. Interestingly, file-hosting service RapidShare is absent from the filing.

In a response to a request from the Office of the US Trade Representative (USTR), the MPAA has submitted a new list of “notorious markets” they say promote illegal distribution of movies and TV-shows.

The filing is particularly interesting since U.S. lawmakers have this week introduced a bill in the House that aims to neutralize these sites. The MPAA has b
Duc Canh Dam: ThePirateBay.org
Rutracker.org
Kat.ph
IsoHunt.com
Demonoid.me
Torrentz.eu
Btjunkie.org
Xunlei.com
File-hosting and streaming sites
The second category includes several file-hosting and streaming sites, but also the Russian Facebook equivalent VKontakte. The social networking site hosts a wide variety of music and video files uploaded by users. The MPAA describes VKontakte as a purposefully created hotbed of piracy.

“This result stems from the combination of site specific user upload and search functionality – including torrent functionality – designed to facilitate easy hosting and access to popular media files, together with the lack of any affirmative efforts by the sites’ operators to prevent copyright infringement,” they write.

Megaupload.com/Megavideo.com
Putlocker.com
Wup

I don't know if this news we're really true. But if this plan we're executed, this could become trouble.

That's right. So everyone, so if you oppose this legislation (I do encourage you to read up on it first, as all decisions should be informed ones), tell your representatives how you feel. A nice easy way to do so can be found here at wiredforchange

Nobody cares about MPAA but the bill is a real thing. US will literally have an internet blackout because power hungry corporations like RIAA and MPAA will gain the power to shut down any site on their own accord.

Although it's only the US that's going to be affected, it's not a matter that should be overlooked by the rest of the world with how much influence US has, especially since they are going to be the first democratic country in the world to be censoring internet. "Trouble" is an understatement, this will be the first step to the collapse of freedom for the US if it's passed.

If this happen, the world will be thrown to chaos because as orisa said that the the freedom will be collapsed.
Internet is supposed for everyone, not for corporation that only want profit.

If the MPAA were posting out this target list as just another empty bluff, one could stick it where the sun don't shine and save the working world some valuable toilet paper.

However, there's no denying that these corporate powers are ninety percent of where they want to be: With politicians completely under their influence, they've been able to bring police and prosecutorial authority on board to do the take downs.

What will be left? We can see that also. A clean, sterile market of overpriced banal products and services shoved down the eyeballs of captive consumers who's every meaningless piece of social interface is branded and distributed for the benefit of the corporate seller rather than the human consumer. The internet will in effect have been transformed into a corporate desktop where the individual citizen's function is to buy approved product.

The first thing that's most concerning is that this isn't just a plan. We've been citizens of this plan for awhile now.

The second thing that's most concerning is that there's very little sign of a new kind of politician emerging to express these fears and organize the kind of resistence that would replace the existing political establishment with a better alternative.

It's part of that Internet censoring bill: HR 3621. So annoying, no details or plan of action. Just stated "We're censoring the web."

It most likely won't pass. Since America is having it's first rally against something since we gathered for independence from England on July 2, 1776. (Major exaggeration).

speaking of England and Brits, if the USA were to censer its internet... what would happen to us Canadians? do you guys think the censorship would apply to us as well or would we get off Scott free like always?

I'm not really sure. The bill is much too broad, it has no specific target except whole websites.....

Canada isn't part of USA, why would it affect us?
But if USA passes it, it'll give Harper a solid reason to copy/paste the bill since he already tried something similar before (and failed).

If this bill is to target internet piracy, well, I am going to have the say that it's ridiculously naive.
Let's look at China for example, it is notorious for it's internet censorship and yet, the people are the greatest intellectual property pirates in the world.

With that said... I thought politics were a no-no in ASF

Only if used in discrimination against other people, religion, races, etc. I believe :)

The ban is to avoid fighting between members. But everyone hates the MPAA (which are an economic/political organization) and it's more about their actions than party politics.
In short, it's borderline and monitored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Koskas wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, can you update this? New version fix the character skin chage bug. This bug will cause you can't interactive with anything.

Allwish.me - The best site to watch anime in English Subbed Japanese Dubbed Hindi Telugu Tamil Malyalam Bengali online for Free

hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ315563 RJ327273 RJ367842 links were dead, please could you reupload these?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.