Need help with file types, s25 and ogv

LoliSora

Oct 10, 2014
Hey guys! I'm currently attempting to hack the game Gensou no Idea ~Oratorio Phantasm Historia~ and knowing it runs on a RioShiina/ShiinaRio engine, I was able to open the WAR files. Although what was in them were a bunch of s25 and ogv files.

I already know that the ogv files are a type of media files but even when I open them, they don't play anything. So after talking to someone who knew about hacking, he informed me that the files my be encrypted. So I was wondering if anyone knew how to decrypt them or if there were any tools that can help me.

Thank you so much and hopefully the translation project can beginning,

LoliSora

(Solved)

Last edited:
Yes, this is the plug-in I used on the WAR files. And those are the files I obtained after using Crass. And All of the files did seem to carry over as well. If there's anything you find out please do let me know. Thank you so much for your time ><!!

Sure, I'm current busy with releasing some very exclusive stuff for now but I should be able to check it out this weekend.

Yes, thank you very much. I plan on starting translations as soon as I obtain the script data. I also happen to have a very efficient group of translators, editors, but all we needed was to get the script data to actually start ^^''... But thank you so much for spending your time on this. I really look forward to your reply! Thank you so much again ><

If I were you, I'd be more worrying about repacking and hacking the .exe file. So I hope you got that covered already

Well, we plan on dealing with that after we obtain the script data, its just that our computer expert isn't available at this time, but we do believe this will be the most difficult part for us.

You know what? I happen to have the game ready to try, so I'll report back in 30 minutes whether I need more time or not. Geh, It's 3:15 AM here

Oh my god... I can't thank you enough!! You're such a life saver and thank you so much for spending time on helping me this late!! I can't thank you enough truly. >< Checkmate-niisama!!! ><!!

I was be able to ripped the game just fine. It's still ripping but I don't see any problem thus far.

Say, which file were you having problem? All of them?

Well, I don't want to cause too much trouble, but what files are you able to open? s25 or ogv or both?

ah, I see, I understand now, so some files were not successful decrypted. Only images file and some position txt file, hmm

Oh and I finished re ripping the WAR files and after attempting to play the OGV files on VLC player, nothing plays like before. I am also still clueless to the s25 files, did you happen to discover anything?

Yeah, while I don't know what's in this unecrypted S25 file

This is all I get:

1. Voice file, music files, works
2. Image files (fapulous), works, since I want to preserve my health, I guess I don't want to explore that too much I'll enjoy this after I'm done here
3. Text file, works, include scripts files and positional files

Screenshot of the script files:

Wait but you were able to successfully extract the script, pictures, and music?

If you were able to, can you please give me the copy of the tool you are using? I am unable to access anything...

What tool/program were you using and if its Crass did you add in certain parameters or any special instructions?

I use the very same tool that you use, here's my command
Code:
crage.exe -p D:\Staging\2013\Gensou_no_Idea\IDEA_D.WAR -O exe="D:\Staging\2013\Gensou_no_Idea\IDEA.EXE" -o D:\Staging\2013\Gensou_no_Idea\Ripped  -u RioShiina

-p: Path to .WAR file
-O exe=: Path to exe file
-o: Output directory
-u RioShiina: specify the cui module, make sure to have that

You have to execute this command in the command prompt (cmd.exe), plus, make sure you're able to launch the game.

Last edited:
I opened the same text file you opened, and all I get are コ in walls and walls

are my files damaged? or is it my computer's language settings perhaps?

I don't know, my OS locale is all Japanese.

But the fact that I have this work, with all the scripts, the voice, and the images here. I cannot help you beyond this point aside from telling you the method I use and proof of work.

Edit: While I'm still virgin, there's still a year and a half left before I can become a wizard and conduct magic. So you can be sure this is not some sort of magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.