A monitor program is blocking the launch of games. Please help.

Nuuru

Mar 3, 2015
I just ran into a issue with a couple games where after installing when I go to launch the game I get an error saying that a monitor program was found running in my system and to unload it from my memory in order to launch the game. I have turned off some anti virus software and tested it but got the same error. Im not sure of what to try next any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Also post a screenshot of your installed software or a list of it, so we can help you to troubleshoot your issue.
I have a hunch that it can be multiple AV software installed or unwanted software

Screenshot (9).pngScreenshot (8).png
Sorry I'm still a little new so I mess stuff up then I apologize. I'm attaching the images directly from my computer which has worked in the past but if there is a better way or a site I should be linking from just let me know and I'll start doing that instead. Thanks again

View attachment 9695View attachment 9696
Sorry I'm still a little new so I mess stuff up then I apologize. I'm attaching the images directly from my computer which has worked in the past but if there is a better way or a site I should be linking from just let me know and I'll start doing that instead. Thanks again

you need to uninstall settec.
its a program that that won't let you run copyrighted materials if often come with hentai games
check if you can unistalll through add or remove programs

Sweet thank you very much. That worked for one but for the Japanese error it still comes up. Any help with that one?

Sweet thank you very much. That worked for one but for the Japanese error it still comes up. Any help with that one?

Is it still settec or something else ?
If something else post screenshot

Screenshot (8).png
Its this one. The settec one worked but this error is still coming up for a different game.

Mm i looked at the screenshot and tried to ocr the text and translate it and got a nonsense pharese "The reading circle in the boot of the q-only menu or Shi-sho 甜碓 limit cho 軌輯 decoration", but the boot word looks like copy protection to me like it is trying to read the cd/dvd protection, may i bother you posting the name of the vn/game you are having troubles.

読み取り専用メディア、または書き込み権限のない環境からの起動です。
This is what was written in the pop up. My Japanese is not very good and I couldn't understand. Thanks.

the name of the game is イキます!チア部の娘と教師の母と, thanks again.

読み取り専用メディア、または書き込み権限のない環境からの起動です。
This is what was written in the pop up. My Japanese is not very good and I couldn't understand. Thanks.

the name of the game is イキます!チア部の娘と教師の母と, thanks again.

If am not mistaken ,its written you don't have administrator right
try running a administrator

What is the name of the settec program cant find it?
Same problem as the original

solved

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!