Karin to Asobo help

Shinobuden

Jun 7, 2013
Hi!

So I recently downloaded this and it starts up just fine, there's just a slight problem in-game...the screen is CUT IN HALF. Screenshot below.

zi9vmtG.png

I simply extracted the game on my external hdd (I tried doing the same with C:, same issue there), so I don't think I did anything to mess this up. So my question is: Has this happened to anyone else and if so is there any way at all to fix it? This is just way too random.

Also, there's no problems whatsoever in edit mode. Everything shows up there.

Its from a Windows security update which you will have to uninstall in order for the game to work correctly.

here is a Link to the information.
http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsof...ows-patch-ms13-057kb-2803821kb-2834904-222636

Under Control panel there should be a program and features.
Click on that then select installed updates which should be on the left side, then find the patch depending on your operating system.

Windows 7:
Win7 patch KB 2803821

Windows xp:
KB 2834904

If you have issues with the update reinstalling tell me and i will explain how to fix that issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinobuden
Its from a Windows security update which you will have to uninstall in order for the game to work correctly.

http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsof...ows-patch-ms13-057kb-2803821kb-2834904-222636

Click on that then select installed updates which should be on the left side, then find the patch depending on your operating system.

Windows 7:
Win7 patch KB 2803821

Windows xp:
KB 2834904

If you have issues with the update reinstalling tell me and i will explain how to fix that issue.

Thanks a lot! This fixed it and the entire screen is now visible.

Unless the reinstall happens right away I think I'm in the clear, but if it comes back I'll post here for help.

Thanks again!

Windows 7:
Win7 patch KB 2803821

Windows xp:
KB 2834904

Does this also fix other potential problems with other visual novels and games that have the same problem? If so, is it worth uninstalling in your opinion and what does that actually do.

EDIT: Had a quick read of the article and it's something down to do with interfering video encoders for a popular file type and it causes the state problem mentioned on the OP post. Not sure how exploitable is this hole they are trying to patch from my current view. This is linked to the Window Media Player so it seems but overall, I don't know how the rating system for exploitable this security hole is. Can you give a brief run down what the scaling is like?

Does this also fix other potential problems with other visual novels and games that have the same problem? If so, is it worth uninstalling in your opinion and what does that actually do.

EDIT: Had a quick read of the article and it's something down to do with interfering video encoders for a popular file type and it causes the state problem mentioned on the OP post. Not sure how exploitable is this hole they are trying to patch from my current view. This is linked to the Window Media Player so it seems but overall, I don't know how the rating system for exploitable this security hole is. Can you give a brief run down what the scaling is like?

For me i am not fully sure as i would say the holes have been fixed in the later updates and microsoft just never wanted to fix the issue as it never really affected that many in the first place.
There have also been a few updates that tend to affect people playing games which i could recommend uninstalling as i think the chance of anything happening is pretty small, depending on what a person download and looks at i guess.

As for the scale of exploixability i am not really sure fully of it as i tend to run things on minimum anyway with alot of windows files removed and just MS security essentials protecting me (Forced my windows media player back to older versions which didnt seem to be affected by this issue). but in thinking about it, this problem only seems to affect a small amount of people so in all honesty i dout that someone would really want to put the effort into trying to use it as a exploitable hole.

For me i am not fully sure as i would say the holes have been fixed in the later updates and microsoft just never wanted to fix the issue as it never really affected that many in the first place.
There have also been a few updates that tend to affect people playing games which i could recommend uninstalling as i think the chance of anything happening is pretty small, depending on what a person download and looks at i guess.

As for the scale of exploixability i am not really sure fully of it as i tend to run things on minimum anyway with alot of windows files removed and just MS security essentials protecting me (Forced my windows media player back to older versions which didnt seem to be affected by this issue). but in thinking about it, this problem only seems to affect a small amount of people so in all honesty i dout that someone would really want to put the effort into trying to use it as a exploitable hole.

Ah okay. Well I'll just remove that patch then. I don't really like using Window Media Player that much and when I do. I could just turn off the internet to prevent so called exploits from happening. Otherwise a clean wipe of my HHD that only has the basics (OS and essential programs that I use) will do the trick.

If you have issues with the update reinstalling tell me and i will explain how to fix that issue

Okay so I didn't have this issue at first as stated in my post above, but it's here now. I think I've uninstalled the update like 2 or 3 times now. Seems to happen the most when I restart or shut down my PC. If you could tell me how to fix that it'd be greatly appreciated.

Okay so I didn't have this issue at first as stated in my post above, but it's here now. I think I've uninstalled the update like 2 or 3 times now. Seems to happen the most when I restart or shut down my PC. If you could tell me how to fix that it'd be greatly appreciated.

To fix this issue:
1.uninstall the update again.
2.Locate the folder: C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution
3.Delete the "Download" folder that is in side it. (empty your trash bin just in case it messes with the next part).
4.Now you can check for windows Updates, if none pop up restart the PC.
5.When the update that you uninstalled shows on the list to install: Right click it and select hide update.
6.Thats it should never install unless you tell it to again and apply Hide update to all the ones that shouldnt be installed.

Enjoy

Reactions: Shinobuden
To fix this issue:
1.uninstall the update again.
2.Locate the folder: C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution
3.Delete the "Download" folder that is in side it. (empty your trash bin just in case it messes with the next part).
4.Now you can check for windows Updates, if none pop up restart the PC.
5.When the update that you uninstalled shows on the list to install: Right click it and select hide update.
6.Thats it should never install unless you tell it to again and apply Hide update to all the ones that shouldnt be installed.

Enjoy

Sorry for the late reply. I did as you instructed above, there were some updates I could see but they were completely unrelated to this issue so I ignored those and only looked for the one that is causing the issue. The one causing the issue wasn't there, restarted and it works fine. The update wasn't installed again either. I'm pretty sure it's fixed now since it never appeared at all anywhere after I removed the downloads folder and whatnot, but if something pops up I'll either post here again or try your instructions again.

Thanks again for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

umi131 wrote on Shine's profile.
リクエスト
これのアートCGをお願いします。
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01166080.html/?locale=pt_BR
dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
If you don't have a file, can you let me know?