Japanese errors with otome games, request for someone translate and help please?

oninish

Nov 16, 2016
Hey guys I have these screen shots of errors I'm getting when starting different otome games, could someone help me with translating and fixing these errors so I can play the games?

Attachments

• After pressing no cd patch - Ijiwaru my master.png
    After pressing no cd patch - Ijiwaru my master.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Ijiwaru my master - press direct exe file.png
    Ijiwaru my master - press direct exe file.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Koezaru error.png
    Koezaru error.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Love Drops error.png
    Love Drops error.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Master after pressing okay to first message after using no cd patch.png
    Master after pressing okay to first message after using no cd patch.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Riddle Garden error.png
    Riddle Garden error.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Sumire no tsubomi error.png
    Sumire no tsubomi error.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 142
1st & 2nd: "Registry error." Try reinstalling the game.

3rd: "You do not have write permission or are trying to launch [this game] from a read-only media." Try relocating (or reinstalling) the game outside restricted folders (not Program Files, for example).

4th & 5th: "Incorrect corresponding file." Maybe you were trying to apply the wrong patch to the wrong game.

6th: "[The game] is not installed correctly." Likely the same as the 1st and 2nd images. Try reinstalling the game.

7th: "Unable to open the database." Not sure what "database" this refers to.

I'm going to go out on a limb here: did you 'upgrade' your PC to Windows 10 recently? Did you use Windows 10's 'upgrade' feature rather than install a fresh copy onto a blank drive? If yes, such errors are expected. 'Upgrading' Windows is a quick and dirty way to try out the new OS, but you shouldn't rely on it for long-term use. It's bound to leave some installed programmes dysfunctional and you may need to reinstall those that were affected.

If not, I have no idea.

1st & 2nd: "Registry error." Try reinstalling the game.

3rd: "You do not have write permission or are trying to launch [this game] from a read-only media." Try relocating (or reinstalling) the game outside restricted folders (not Program Files, for example).

4th & 5th: "Incorrect corresponding file." Maybe you were trying to apply the wrong patch to the wrong game.

6th: "[The game] is not installed correctly." Likely the same as the 1st and 2nd images. Try reinstalling the game.

7th: "Unable to open the database." Not sure what "database" this refers to.

I'm going to go out on a limb here: did you 'upgrade' your PC to Windows 10 recently? Did you use Windows 10's 'upgrade' feature rather than install a fresh copy onto a blank drive? If yes, such errors are expected. 'Upgrading' Windows is a quick and dirty way to try out the new OS, but you shouldn't rely on it for long-term use. It's bound to leave some installed programmes dysfunctional and you may need to reinstall those that were affected.

If not, I have no idea.

Hey thanks so much for replying!

I tried reinstalling riddle garden and I got these errors? Could you also translate them for me?

Attachments

• Trying to reinstall riddle garden.png
    Trying to reinstall riddle garden.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 131
  • After pressing okay to the first screen.png
    After pressing okay to the first screen.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 147
First error : "the master disk is not set in the drive"
Second error : "an error has occurred, cancelling installation"

As for how to fix this... make sure you don't extract the .iso/.mdf file and run the setup from there, but mount the CD image file in a drive emulator and install from there. If that doesn't work, maybe try a different drive emulator. If you have the original disk and multiple drives try putting the disk into another. If the game has more than one disk, try installing with the other one.

First error : "the master disk is not set in the drive"
Second error : "an error has occurred, cancelling installation"

As for how to fix this... make sure you don't extract the .iso/.mdf file and run the setup from there, but mount the CD image file in a drive emulator and install from there. If that doesn't work, maybe try a different drive emulator. If you have the original disk and multiple drives try putting the disk into another. If the game has more than one disk, try installing with the other one.

Thank you so so much! I worked through the problem. Could you help me with this error too for another game? I was in the middle of installing it, after mounting Disc 2, then this message came up and a folder window popped up on it's own, I'm guessing the game wants me to pick something?

Attachments

• Love drop error.png
    Love drop error.png
    486.2 KB · Views: 143
It says : "Failed to write uninstall information in the Registry".

I'm not sure how to fix this. Make sure you run the installer as Administrator perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sincy wrote on Shine's profile.
momoka1919 wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry, The title of "this" is different, but the correct title is"ド変態ドM&腹黒メイド服『ハイポリボディ版』+EXキャラビジュアル強化パック" This data does not contain "ハイポリボディ版". Please upload that data.
Hoppou wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
this person got some good stuff, plz upload them...https://vrsexfriend.fanbox.cc/
chocorn wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,
This game update on March 26th
Can you please update it?