Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Japanese errors with otome games, request for someone translate and help please?

Hey guys I have these screen shots of errors I'm getting when starting different otome games, could someone help me with translating and fixing these errors so I can play the games?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,922 Times in 979 Posts
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

Re: Japanese errors with otome games, request for someone translate and help please?

1st & 2nd: "Registry error." Try reinstalling the game.

3rd: "You do not have write permission or are trying to launch [this game] from a read-only media." Try relocating (or reinstalling) the game outside restricted folders (not Program Files, for example).

4th & 5th: "Incorrect corresponding file." Maybe you were trying to apply the wrong patch to the wrong game.

6th: "[The game] is not installed correctly." Likely the same as the 1st and 2nd images. Try reinstalling the game.

7th: "Unable to open the database." Not sure what "database" this refers to.

I'm going to go out on a limb here: did you 'upgrade' your PC to Windows 10 recently? Did you use Windows 10's 'upgrade' feature rather than install a fresh copy onto a blank drive? If yes, such errors are expected. 'Upgrading' Windows is a quick and dirty way to try out the new OS, but you shouldn't rely on it for long-term use. It's bound to leave some installed programmes dysfunctional and you may need to reinstall those that were affected.

If not, I have no idea.

Rules | XDCC tutorial | Site Support (not for download problems) | Signature Contest | IRC
    I do not take reupload requests. For ASL releases with dead links/torrents, please try XDCC.
      Spoiler: Stats 

Thanks
    Achievements:

Re: Japanese errors with otome games, request for someone translate and help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    1st & 2nd: "Registry error." Try reinstalling the game.

3rd: "You do not have write permission or are trying to launch [this game] from a read-only media." Try relocating (or reinstalling) the game outside restricted folders (not Program Files, for example).

4th & 5th: "Incorrect corresponding file." Maybe you were trying to apply the wrong patch to the wrong game.

6th: "[The game] is not installed correctly." Likely the same as the 1st and 2nd images. Try reinstalling the game.

7th: "Unable to open the database." Not sure what "database" this refers to.

I'm going to go out on a limb here: did you 'upgrade' your PC to Windows 10 recently? Did you use Windows 10's 'upgrade' feature rather than install a fresh copy onto a blank drive? If yes, such errors are expected. 'Upgrading' Windows is a quick and dirty way to try out the new OS, but you shouldn't rely on it for long-term use. It's bound to leave some installed programmes dysfunctional and you may need to reinstall those that were affected.

If not, I have no idea.
    Hey thanks so much for replying!

I tried reinstalling riddle garden and I got these errors? Could you also translate them for me?

Thanks
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

First error : "the master disk is not set in the drive"
    Second error : "an error has occurred, cancelling installation"

As for how to fix this... make sure you don't extract the .iso/.mdf file and run the setup from there, but mount the CD image file in a drive emulator and install from there. If that doesn't work, maybe try a different drive emulator. If you have the original disk and multiple drives try putting the disk into another. If the game has more than one disk, try installing with the other one.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by kzel View Post
    First error : "the master disk is not set in the drive"
    Second error : "an error has occurred, cancelling installation"

As for how to fix this... make sure you don't extract the .iso/.mdf file and run the setup from there, but mount the CD image file in a drive emulator and install from there. If that doesn't work, maybe try a different drive emulator. If you have the original disk and multiple drives try putting the disk into another. If the game has more than one disk, try installing with the other one.
    Thank you so so much! I worked through the problem. Could you help me with this error too for another game? I was in the middle of installing it, after mounting Disc 2, then this message came up and a folder window popped up on it's own, I'm guessing the game wants me to pick something?

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

It says : "Failed to write uninstall information in the Registry".

I'm not sure how to fix this. Make sure you run the installer as Administrator perhaps?

Thread Information