Installer and Locale Emulator issue

fourd444

May 26, 2021
I'm trying to play the VN Kuraibito, but i'm having some issues with it and i want to know if there is a solution.

Last Year I installed it in my PC, but since I don't speak japanese I delete it. I tried to install it again recently, but the installer shows the "install" option as unavailable, just shows the option "uninstall" and when I press it, nothing happens. I manage to get the files installing it in another PC, but i wonder if the problem was the installer itself or some file that I didn't manage to delete well last time. Kuraibito_Installer.JPG

The second issue I have is with the text in the game. It shows wrong characters and even the parts in japanese can't be traslated well if i tried to do it with an app WrongCharacters.JPG. When I try to open it with the Locale Emulator or NTLEA, it shows a crash message LocaleEmulatorCrash.JPG and creates a crash .dmp in the instalation file KuraibitoCrashFile.JPG. I read in forums that this text issue is present in some companies games (in which this game's company, Tinkerbell, is included). My question is is there's a way to get the right text showing in the game so i can at least traslate it with an app.

I'll apreciate some help or at least an answer, thanks :)

im not a expert in this matter but

first you actually to windows 10 last year? some older VN need to run with compatiblity for windows 10
second try to see if you uninstall or only delete the files if you only delete last time probably you need to uninstall in uninstall programs in windows sistem

in question of your 2nd problem
did you change the computer system locale and region to japanese?

https://prnt.sc/13fvvw2

dont know if this well but at least you can try

As far as i can remember, the uninstal.exe always shows error. So I just delete the files (I know that was a mistake). I spend a day trying to find some remaining file in my PC to resolve that, but I couldn't find anything related to this VN. "Uninstall programs" in Windows system doesn't detect it either.

According to the second problem, yes, I tried changing the computer system. But after that, it always show the crash message like when I tried to open it with the Locale Emulator.

For the uninstall problem. Look like you deleted the folder without getting through the uninstall exe.
Sometime window can identify the problem when you try to unsintall it from the apllication setup menu.
Old game don't get through window application menu, just their own exe.

If window can't found the application in the installed software list, and the game don't want to install seeing itself already installed... then the most likely explanation would be either some specific file in a program file or window folder, or a registry key you'll have to manually delete. Good luck with that...

The LE error when starting the game say it can't read the file.
Seeing the folder path, it's most likely because you installed the game without japanese local setting and you got gibberish for the folder name - which probably mean gibberish in the file(s) name or IN the file. The best would be to uninstall and re install with Japanese local setting or starting the install exe through LE.

Then you start the installed game only using LE if you don't switch to Japanese local.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dragonhearts wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Thank you for uploading the previous request. I am collecting the works of サークル 4's Circle. This and This All links are dead. If you have any data, can I ask you to re-upload it?
a46392157 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi,can you reup this to mexa plz?
dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.