If your VN's instantly crash, possible solution.

Kedaran

Sep 5, 2011
Not sure if this is the place to post this but please move to the correct place in that case.

Also did a forum search for this but no results so hopefully not saying anything already said... :)

Anyway, for quite some time i've had certain VN's crash the second i start them up. Changing to japanese locale or deleting/renaming intro videos has almost never worked, then i stumbeled upon a program called "RunFirst.

What that does is enables a game or program to run on one core processor. Because it's apparently the multicore processors that cause most of these instant crashes. So download that program, exctact it to the install folder of the game and then add "-runfirst.exe" (without the "") to the shortcut command prompt. I'm not gonna post any links to it but it's easy enough to google for it. And if you don't trust the homepage grab it from a download site that has an automatic virus scanner.

It's worked on the two VN's i still had installed that kept crashing like this so it's worth checking out.

Might even be worth a sticky if it's not just me as i've seen a lot of people having this crash issue...

Thanks for the tip~ I never knew that program exist. Can you post the link to the developers webpage?
I use Gamebooster by the way, since my specs are pretty low. It disables unnecessary windows tasks and visual effects on your theme temporarilly and restores it after playing the game. It's free too.

Get it before June 30th! Since they announced that there will be no more free versions after that :(

Sorry mate, i'm not gonna post any links. But if you google "RunFirst" it's at the top of the list.

It's made by a company called Activeplus, that should help you enough. And i can't be falsely accused of linking to malicious sites (hopefully) :)

Had that happen on a couple of forums now so won't be making that mistake again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks