Icon Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsdu

Mein 3D Waifu
Elite Member
Nov 29, 2010
I have a friend that have problem with his shortcut icons(the one on the desktop and the All Program).
It happened when he tried to open a software by using 'Open with'. Somehow, other icons also set to the format that he choose - example; Open with MS Words (even his Skype shortcut open with MS Words). Somehow the original icon (in the Program Files folder were not affected)

If it was me, the only solution that I can think of was to format the computer. Is there any other way beside format, to fix this problem?

Thanks shinigami. I'll try that later and tell you the result.

At the mean time, if anybody have another idea or suggestion, please do so. We could use all the help we could get.

Wait.. if he clicks the icon what happens?

if it opens MS Word the Tune Up utilities wont help. but of course there is that all powerful restore function in windows which will restore the computer to an earlier time :P

Reactions: alexsdu
Restore Function, huh? I'll try that one too, later.
Thou personally I don't really like to mess around with System Restore, for I don't know what I might mess thing up in the PC without knowing it.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'll let y'all know what happen later.

Alexsdu~ Just look at the dates and choose the one on which the machine last worked fine~ it even logs the activities that you will be reversing and in case you don't like the result you can undo the restore~
pretty convenient huh?

if its just displaying a wrong icon then deleting the icon cache and restarting the computer may fix this.
if its showing a wrong icon and launching a different program when you open it, that's a different story.

iankay is right you could try to restore to an earlier date...you can scan for affected files before restoring...

Reactions: alexsdu
Well, according to my friend, he did deleted the affected icon, and get another shortcut on the desktop, but that one also got affected.

Anyway, I'll try both ideas.
Thanks for all the idea and suggestion.

im not referring to the actual icons on the desktop.
im talking about the icon cache...
okay...

your friend's using win7 right???
when he/she opens any programs it just opens into MS Word???
if this is the case, download the reg file below...
create a system restore...

http://www.mediafire.com/?pb8l9o50256m7yn

after you downloaded it just right click on it and merge...click yes if her/his computer asks...
i don't think a reboot is necessary but to be sure, just restart the computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
This one is so buggy, do you have the update for this?
アナスタシアと堕淫の呪い to v21.08.02
tahmurath wrote on amaimono's profile.
Hi. amaimono. What if you have it savedata Boku No Elf Oneesan "My Elf Elder Sister" just now,
Can you Give me It Savedata ??
Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks