I want buitl cpu with motherboard asus p5g41c m lx..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_black1111

Elite Member
Mar 2, 2011
hello everybody.. this time I need help to built a cpu.. i have this motherboard.. Im really dont know what part do i need to put in this motherboard.. this is my first time to built cpu.. so i really dont know anything about it.. so i want some of ur advise.. I want to built it for high good graphic for game n 3D.. so do u guys know anything about it.. please dont suggest the high price stuff.. lol.. please.. I really need some advice.. :0eeeff42:

Boy, that pretty though for someone from Sibu, I must say(Sibu origin - Kpg Dato).
The price for computer part over there a lil' bit pricey compared to Kuching. But Kuching price also pricey too due to the shipping charge from the West Malaysia.
I wish you best of luck. Hopefully the others can suggest you what you could put on that motherboard.
Then we can see what can be done about it.

*PS - you could try buy the hardware online(eBay or Lelong) for a cheaper price.

Reactions: joe_black1111
lol..that i give u 100% right.. maybe i should give up on the cheap stuff.. lol.. but still i need to know what is a good stuff for this motherboard.. anyway thanks for the idea..

Intel E7500 (2.93G) 3mb 1066fsb core 2 duo -budget
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 (2.4G) 1066 fsb 8mb -recommended

im not sure if your mobo has ddr2 or ddr3 memory slot . . .

id recommend this graphics card
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gtx-460-us.html
a mid range grapchis card!
can play almost all games today at high settings...

recommended power supply
corsair gold ax 650

budget power supply
id recommend a 600w psu from thermaltake litepower series
ive used this one its really good for its price!

hard drives size depends on how you want to use your computer!
for heavy downloader and/or multimedia applications = higher is better so you can save all your projects and/or animes/mangas

^^,

wow.. nice one.. lol.. i check it.. it really help me a lot.. thank you.. but is that all i really need to make my cpu..?
1. Processor
2. 2 DDR2 (Dual Channel)
3. Graphics Card
4. Power Supply
5. Hard Drives
i just need this 5 thing then i can finish my cpu..?

what kind ddr2 ram should i use..? what type..? my ram slot only dual channel n i use ddr2..

Don't forget the optical drive.
Whether you wanna use DVD drive or go for BluRay drive(a bit more expensive).

As for me, I'm gonna wait for at least a couple more years before changing to BluRay. Hopefully by that time the drive and the disc itself have drop.

The HDD, my PC have 3.
80GB(c: - for Windows only), 600GB(e: - for installing games & my doujin/manga collections) & 2TB(f: - anime/hentai collections).
Like what Fornax said, it's up to you on how you want to use your computer.

lol.. yup.. maybe i will do that to.. i will have 3 HDD.. after all my hentai file grown bigger every day.. lol.. but about my ram.. i really not understand how to choice.. can i use just any ddr2 ram..?

This thread is epic...

"I want to buy a car but I don't know what I should buy, this is the first time I buy a car, please help"

Well, pretty much car and PC, you have to state your purpose (are you going to drive it by yourself or have an entire family, or transporting cargo?) and your budget (a Ferrari isn't affordable for everyone)

In short: we need to know your budget, and your geography - prices varies from place to place, usually by a large margin"

we also need to know what exactly are you going to use your PC for, given this is the first time you ever buy a PC, I'm sure it's going to be multi-tasking, from gaming to everything

(Note, I have a half a dozen computer, each of them have completely different configs for very different purposes)

yeah.. i guess ur right.. this is epic.. kayy let me says more clear.. i want it to be use for a games n graphic work like a 3D stuff.. about budget well it will be below RM2000 (Malaysia currency).. thank you for the help..

regarding of what you need for an entire general purpose computer:

Processor
Mainboard
Video Card
Power Supply
Memory
HDD
Optical Drive
Case/Chassis
Mouse/Keyboard
Speaker/Microphone
Monitor

Unless you can give us a price sheet from your local (large) computer dealer, this is pretty much a hit-n-miss situation.

Building a PC isn't that simple: you cannot just use any processor with any motherboard, CPU varies in type and brand, different types use different socket, and different socket means different motherboard (oh yeah, different brand also use different socket too). After you determine the brand of the CPU, proceed to choose a compatible motherboard, then Video card (if necessary) and RAM. Others are compatible with each other / use standard protocol most likely.

Now about assembly the computer... you seriously need someone who's good at it, so he knows not to fried the new stuff.

this is really much more easy.. this is really a big help.. i will try to check the price for every part.. well for motherboard i already have it.. so i just need to look for other stuff then.. lol.. thank a lot man.. this is really help me.. but do u have any suggestion for me.. well.. it just for my reference only..

If this is your mainboard

The mainboard is compatible with Intel CPU Socket 775, Socket 775 CPU is: Core 2 Duo (Dual core CPU), Core 2 Quad (Quad Core CPU, more core is better usually), these CPU are belong to previous generation and shouln't be expensive, provided if they are still available for purchasing that is. The CPU is unfortunately not available in my region. But IMO it shouldn't be more than 100 USD fore a Core 2 Duo

The mainboard is using Intel Chipset G41, meaning it has in video processor intergrated into it (GMA X4500 most likely), though, I strongly recommend you to invest in a dediated graphic card since the intgrated video processor is out of date, and can't do anything but only basic task. For the cheap but effective graphic card, I recommend you looking at the AMD Radeon HD5770 line up, or HD5670 (ASUS manufacture recommended) line up depending on the price and your budget. The 5770 cost in my region is 80$ USD

Although this mainboard is compatible with both DDR2 and DDR3, I strongly suggest to stick with DDR2 since Chipset G41 doesn't natively support DDR3, it's waste of money since you cannot use up all the power and potential of the DDR3.

Note: in some region DDR3 is actually cheaper than DDR2, in that case, consider the DDR3, purely value wise. For me, 8GB of DDR3 costs 60$ USD. DDR2 is no longer available in my region.

Key/Mouse shouldn't cost more than 20$ both of them, quality PSU run to 50$ (500W), and you want high quality PSU, as bad one will kill your PC or slowly killing it.

Monitor, heh, 20" is about 150$ LCD I believe.

Do you have the motherboard manual?

If you have it then check the product specifications, if not, try checking the specs in the internet. This will tell you which kind of hardware you can put in it.

It will also tell you which hardware will give you best performance, for example, RAM memory has different "velocities" (given in Mhz), if your motherboard supports memory with a maximum "velocity" of 800Mhz, buying a memory whit that "velocity" will yield the best result.

There are other things to be careful with, but let's leave it for now.

That's P5G41-M LE , it's not available for consumer, please refer to my post, or double check your mainboard model again. Your mainboard can use 800 MHz DDR2 and 1333 MHz DDR3

This is call bus speed. Advanced user like me will also look at latency and timing value as well as operation voltage, but hey, for a newbie, don't even bother look at this.

hmm.. i guess i will check it again.. but anyway what the different with P5G41-M LE & P5G41C-M LX..?

Lots of... things of which you don't need to know, because you don't need the corporate version ever.

lol.. guess u right.. i will check it later after work.. but.. what if my motherboard is P5G41-M LE..? should i proceed with the one with ur post..?

Whether it's LE or LX, the different are not much, I hope.

Have you decide on what type of casing are you gonna buy to house the motherboard?
Don't forget about the cooling fan as well.

i confirm it.. it LX.. yeah.. yeah.. about casing.. well not yet.. but i want something look damn cool.. lol.. but still i really thank you for everybody help.. guess i learn a lot today huh.. lol.. i will use this info to help me built my new cpu.. this is really a big help.. thank you guys.. everyone thank you again.. even i says hundred thank you it still not be good.. lol..

i will start survey the tool for my new baby tomorrow.. lol.. after i finish built this baby i will show u guys how it look like.. but maybe it will take some time to built it.. well have to consider my budget to.. maybe i will buy the cheap one first.. maybe i buy the ram first.. lol.. better it be the best one.. like the one FornaX2009 post.. lol.. thanks a lot guy.. ♡(๑→∀←๑)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。