ekku

Elite Member
Mar 5, 2013
hello !!!

first sorry for my english.

i buy a new cpu with windows 8.1 and download [Guilty+] 学食のおばさん The Motion ~母さんの汁の味~ + NoDVD Patch , but does not start

i do not know if i have to download the language pack

the applocale or anything else

Reactions: espiekerella
Try running Japanese version of Windows XP in a VM (Virtual Machine). That's how I run most eroge.

Applocale is crap, just set your locale to Japanese.
If installation still fails, use a VM. I recommend Oracle VM Virtual Box.
In simplest terms you're installing a PC (with another OS) within your PC.
Grab a windows 7 installer and pop it in your VM.
Set hard drive space and etc.
Setup your Visual Novel there.

Just change your system's region and locale. I can run many VN's in Windows 8 but some VN's will complain and crash on Win 8 though. rUGP being an ancient game engine has many issues with windows 8.

Try this first on your Win 8 system
Go to Control Panel -> Region -> Admistrative (tab) - then click Change System Locale.

Change local to Japanese.

Restart the PC and then re-run your game- It should work. If it doesn't run then you gotta use a virtual machine with Win 7 or XP.

Last edited:
If you don't like to virtual machine to run because it slow or another reason.You can install dual boot with windows 8.1 and 7.
You can use windows 7 japan install disc to install if you can read and install by your self.Windows 7 japan install disc you can find on google but it get only one files.Backup data and set partition hdd for dual boot and use EasyBCD to manage your dual boot.
Becareful backup to another HDD for safety.I almost lost my eroge but i can recover it.

A Virtual Machine just to play games? Never tought of it....and as someone said Applocale is not the Best option. I have windows 8.1 too and I never had an Issue, just change your Local Region to Japanese and then when its over or you need to change it for whatever reason you can switch easily.

Really BEST way it install Second OS like Win7 Jp SP1 x86. (Why install second because some games want Real Jap Win). Emu slow work with 3D games. And vmware better. But if you need run only 2D games VirtBox after Last Update start work match better. Just dont forget On in Bios Intel Virtualization Technology. For Emu better install WinXP sp2-3 good work old and new games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!