How to run a game WITHOUT AMD graphic drivers running???

Tentacle Bandit

Elite Member
Aug 3, 2012
Hello, I'm trying to run the game それでも妻を愛してる however when I do I get the error "64MB の必要ビデオメモリーが必要です".

Around the same time just after I uninstalled my AMD drivers using both official and unofficial cleaning tools to update them to the newest beta.

Upon doing so I decided to see if the game would run ok WITHOUT AMD drivers installed - AND IT DID start/run fine!

So then I installed my new AMD updated drivers and the error returned. Implying that AMD's most recent drivers (I'd say all released within the last year) are not compatible with this one game.

I really enjoyed the game however (having played it before many years ago) and would like to play it, so I'm wondering if theres a way to run windows or create a user profile WITHOUT AMD drivers running?

EDIT:

I've tried running the game in safemode and IT also starts, but then crashes because well its in safemode lol...still clearly its a driver issue.

Anyway suggestions?

Last edited:
What Windows version are using?Are you use laptop or PC with AMD Processor and Graphic card?Can you give spec on PC that you use?
Well there has 3 ways to do to play VN.
1.Disable Windows Update to stop install update GPU Driver or hide update GPU File only.
2.Go to BIOS and set Dedicate Video memory about 512MB or 1024MB for help graphic or video memory.
3.Download VirtualBox get Windows XP or 7 VirtualHDD and install on VirtualMachine(This method for Windows 10 and 8.1 user or Graphics Problem).

Good Luck.

What Windows version are using?Are you use laptop or PC with AMD Processor and Graphic card?Can you give spec on PC that you use?
Well there has 3 ways to do to play VN.
1.Disable Windows Update to stop install update GPU Driver or hide update GPU File only.
2.Go to BIOS and set Dedicate Video memory about 512MB or 1024MB for help graphic or video memory.
3.Download VirtualBox get Windows XP or 7 VirtualHDD and install on VirtualMachine(This method for Windows 10 and 8.1 user or Graphics Problem).

Good Luck.

I'm running Windows 7 ultimate on a desktop, AMD graphics card (HD 7950). Processor is an intel (so their not a 2-1 architecture chip).

I don't think its a BIOS issue as again it runs fine when I don't install the newest AMD driver and its not an onboard chip I'm using, also the game used to run fine with my card before - so again it definitely has t o do with the graphics drivers released over the last year.

Virtual Box might be a good solution...

I'm running Windows 7 ultimate on a desktop, AMD graphics card (HD 7950). Processor is an intel (so their not a 2-1 architecture chip).

I don't think its a BIOS issue as again it runs fine when I don't install the newest AMD driver and its not an onboard chip I'm using, also the game used to run fine with my card before - so again it definitely has t o do with the graphics drivers released over the last year.

Virtual Box might be a good solution...

So,I think you can remove your Graphic card if you play VN game only and use Intel HD graphic only.AMD is really problem update slow and not easy like Nvidia Geforce Experience that can update with official or beta and download in this software.
Playing Japanese game use Intel processor and Nvidia for less problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.