How to edit file ks.scn?

binhdan007

May 28, 2014
I want to translate visual novel but I don't know how to edit file ks.scn. what is file ks.scn? Is it have tool?

Hmm... I took some time to look at it, but unfortunately this seems to have gone beyond my scope.

Apparently you need to decompress the SCN files. Google for a tool named Offzip. You can use it to decompress them.

offzip [input file] [output file] [file offset]

Set offset to 8. The output files will be a PSB file.

Example:

>offzip script.ks.scn script.ks.scn.psb 8

You'll get a PSB file which contains Japanese text. If you open it with some word processor and set the encoding to UTF-8, you'll see the Japanese text near the end. Sadly I don't know of any text dumper to use with new kirikiri's PSB files. Your best bet is to ask some group that translates other Yuzusoft's game like Noble Works or Amairo Islenauts for help.

I need to find some time to study this stuff soon. =\ Good luck.

P.S. You cannot normally repack Dracu-riot!'s SCN files into XP3 with xp3tools or AE tool. The game will give you an error message when you try to start. I suggest KrkrExtract, which can be used for both unpacking and repacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha
Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi if you get time can you reupload this please.