How do I install DL version of a game?

saufall

Trusted Member
Jul 2, 2017
I've downloaded a game from this link
http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...soft]-あすか♂-女装美少年凌辱ストーリー1-2-[rj025255]-621803/

It is a DL version of an old hentai game, and I have no idea how do I install this since i've only played games that are installed by loading virtual iso. images.

Do i just use the installer executive within the pack to install? ALso whats with that folder with the name of the game? Is it the decompressed game itself, crack patch or something else?
Do i install my game inside that folder?

Often for these games all you have to do is extract the archive anywhere on your hard disk, go into the folder and launch the exe file without having to install the game from the setup, if there is not unpacked version already or if the game doesn't run properly then run the setup, if you need a shortcup on the desktop just right click on the exe and send to- desktop.

Be aware that some of these old games are not compatible with newer systems like windows 7 or 10 and need an updated version or a virtual machine.

Does windows 98 or xp compatibility mode usually work for those old games? Also is there a webpage somewhere where i can learn how to instal different types of galgames.

In my experience they either work or don't, but you can try compatibility mode before resorting to a virtual machine. The installation is usually either
1) copy the files to any folder
or
2) run the setup as if installing any other program
sometimes you need to apply a crack (for example if it says the copy is not registered and won't let you run the game)

Also important: remember to set your system locale to japanese or use ntleas to run the game

Users who are viewing this thread