How to censor words on IRC?

~SnowAngel~

~♥RadiantHeart♥~
Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
I'm trying to figure out how to block certain words where only I don't see them. I found this place: http://www.geekshed.net/2010/05/how-to-block-specific-phrases-from-your-channel/

and I tried using: /mode #channel +b ~T:censor:sugar*
I replaced channel and sugar with something else, but it didn't work. I saw a command log tho.

I also heard about changing my username's mode to +G or something, I don't know if that worked.
I found a list of modes: http://docs.dal.net/docs/modes.html#2.18

but anyway.. I'd really like some help or suggestions. or if you can explain some irc stuff, that would definitely be helpful.

The second link seems more useful, but I'm not understanding exactly what to change or what the examples are. x_x
I don't really need an explanation of what does what, just a basic idea of "replace X with [word] to get #" and maybe an example.
it would really help if they used colors x_x

What I'm looking for is something like fill in the blank :f

i'm not even sure where to put the codes either. do I just enter them in irc? or do I make a file somewhere?

I'd also like to know how to undo something just in case it goes wrong.

Last edited:
While most of the basic IRC commands are supported on all IRCds, many of the more specific ones are not. GeekShed and DALNet themselves are IRC networks running their own IRCd with their own network-specific commands, many of which are not supported on Rizon.

Scripting is mostly client-dependent. The two links provided above are for MSL, in which case you will likely dabble with remote scripts (tools -> scripts -> remote). Other clients may use different scripting languages (e.g. you can use Perl with Irssi) or nothing at all. Best consult the manuals for whatever client you are using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Roadrunner Email Support is an astonishing email support service, you can ever get. We use the expertise of our strong support team to resolve any and all issues that may arise during the use of Roadrunner emails. Roadrunner customer service team will help our helpline number +1-844-902-0608 you to get the best out of this email service.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha
Irish99 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi if you get time can you reupload this please.