Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

HELP! Translating Discovery's Aisaiger Series but need help decoding/recoding script files.

Hi, I was hoping and looking a little help from somebody that has some basic programming knowledge to assist me decoding and recoding a file type extension called "ID" for Discovery games - which specifically is the script file for their games.

I have not been able to find a program within the translation community (after much, much searching and experimenting) that can convert the file into a txt file then back to an ID file like other programs do for some games (like xp3). However apparently its very simply coded but I'm no programmer so I need your help!

I've attached/heres an example (as they are all the same format) of an ID file.

http://depositfiles.com/files/sqvc25x83

edit heres a direct link, however I had to first place it into a rar file to be able to post on here.

id file.rar

If you can assist me or direct me to a place/somebody who can assist me, please PM me or reply below.

IF your reading this I'm still looking for help!

For now I shall continue my translation work the hard way (via a basic clipboard capture) and eventually transfer it into the actually ID file once its been cracked. Until then I guess I'm turning it into a book lol!

Slurp!

Last edited by Tentacle Bandit; August 14th, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What are you doing?Stahp! Anistahp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group100 Experience Points31 days registered

Re: HELP! Need custom compiler software for translation project for .ID script file

If you can assist me or direct me to a place/somebody who can please PM me or reply below.
    xentax forum?

Thanks
    Achievements:

Re: HELP! Need custom compiler software for translation project for .ID script file

Quote Originally Posted by Anistahp View Post
    xentax forum?
    I'll give it a shot, thx! In the meantime if anybody else has suggestions or can help please let me know!

Edit: I checked it out, you have to pay $5 euro just to join the forum...I'll look at that as my last resort but I'm not sure if they'd allow files from hentai games posted there anyway...

So again if anybody else here can help or knows somebody please let me know.

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Tentacle Bandit View Post
    Edit: I checked it out, you have to pay $5 euro just to join the forum...I'll look at that as my last resort but I'm not sure if they'd allow files from hentai games posted there anyway...
    sorry I didn't visit them in a long time, so I didn't know about that.
    and you are right, they might not like hentai .

Thanks
    Achievements:

give me a link to the game, no promises though
    Last edited by Anistahp; August 12th, 2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: CHECK my new sig1
    Ignore This Signature
    "I don't care about your post count" - Anistahp
    "Animu & mango" - a wise weeaboo
    |____##____________|
    |____##____________|
    PM Me for trolling assistance!
    Join the petition to accept Anistahp's signature for the SOTM! FOR Text-Image EQUALITY!

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Tentacle Bandit View Post
    You mean the ID file or the game itself? The game itself I'll have to find an active upload somewhere, slurp!
    The game, perhaps there is something you are missing (ie, text is in another file)?
    Also we need to get the decryption/encryption routine from the exe.

(I don't really want to torrent the full game until I'm finished the translation.)
    Perhaps you want to tell me where the text you are translating is exactly ? or how to dig it ?

The ID file itself is above.
    Yeah I saw, that, tried with different hex editors (with different options) and I couldn't find the text, though I managed to get some Kanjis, but I don't think they're related.
    Ignore This Signature
    "I don't care about your post count" - Anistahp
    "Animu & mango" - a wise weeaboo
    |____##____________|
    |____##____________|
    PM Me for trolling assistance!
    Join the petition to accept Anistahp's signature for the SOTM! FOR Text-Image EQUALITY!

Thanks
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Anistahp View Post
    The game, perhaps there is something you are missing (ie, text is in another file)?
    Also we need to get the decryption/encryption routine from the exe.

Yeah I saw, that, tried with different hex editors (with different options) and I couldn't find the text, though I managed to get some Kanjis, but I don't think they're related.
    Okay so the ID file IS the script file for the entire game, however its been changed to a different file format that the games exe reads the script from and cannot be edited unless its first converted.

I know the file (or part of the file) CAN be converted to a plain txt file as I had a friend look over it but he refuses to help "propagate" immorality when I told him what it was for...yeah he's a little religious, slurp!

According to him its a real simple file format but requires programming knowledge to create a program to convert, so a hex editor won't work. There ARE programs that do this for other game script files, but they don't support Discovery games.

Praetorem Kitsune
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran

@Tentacle Bandit;

I have tried to open your script file with various text editors. Granted there is text to be taken from the file, I was able to get about 2000 pages out of your script...but there was no text, just garbled # signs . <--- don`t know if that is caused by my app locale or not.

Theoretically, your script can be opened, read and compiled to some other document. But first is needed to find the correct way to open it.

Now I could build a shell program to attempt to read your script, but as for writing anything from your script to another file... that will be difficult since I don`t have the special codes that Discovery Software has.
    Last edited by Will98; August 14th, 2013 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Ignore This Signature
    Re-upping and repairing game threads.

Filefactory available.
    Rapidgator dropped. Uploading to ul.to

Thanks
    Achievements:

Thanks both of you for your help and interest.

I'm not certain as I'm no programmer but from what I have gathered these id files can't be viewed or opened via text editors or binary editors. It needs to be accessed via programming software suite like my friend did - at which point apparently its "simple coding" that can easily be converted to a txt file (then back to an id file) via a simply custom built command prompt like program as you described it.

I'll keep working on the Aisiager translation via software capturing to my clip board but I'll have to wait until I get actually access to the id file to actually do anything with it. Maybe it will be cracked one day.

I should also note this is just an example of an ID file for a discovery game, apparently the coding is all the same for all the ID files and they only use this coding for the games script/id file (if that makes a difference) and I'll be working from three different Id files eventually but again since the "package" coding is all the same it shouldn't matter which one I post here.

I should also mention the ID file is one ONLY ID file within the games directory with that extension and its the only file with the script.

I really wish I knew how to program lol...

Praetorem Kitsune
    Thanks
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsCreated Album picturesTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Re: HELP! Translating Discovery's Aisaiger Series but need help decoding/recoding script files.

All the program has to do is read whatever is in your script file and dump it in a text file.

Easy enough, but to successfully read and convert the script file to another document... a library file is needed. The library file will contain the codes that Designs Software uses to decode their script files.

Without the library file, all the program would do is simply copy the garbled text to another file... and make another file of garbled text.

Anyone is free to jump in and correct me if I am wrong. But I believe that is what is needed for your script compiler to work.
    Ignore This Signature
    Re-upping and repairing game threads.

Filefactory available.
    Rapidgator dropped. Uploading to ul.to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information