Help with Playing Videos on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrekfx

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2012
This is a really dumb question I'm sure and I've looked all over the place. If someone can either point me in the right direction or tell me how to download?

Re: Download question

Well, you click on the link, and then, click the appropriate button to download (the button should say "Free Download")

I found where to download. Another question on this, after hitting the show button, each url is for each episode? Plus I played one and I got sound but no picture.. Im using vlc player on mac.

It doesn't work like that :)

You copy each link separately into your web browser, then you go to each site and:

1. Hit either: Slow download or download, (depends on site)

2. Wait: 30-45 seconds (depending on site)

3. Enter Captcha.

Then just save the file.

Reactions: shrekfx

Ya I got it downloaded. Was just wondering if each one is a show in the list or if all like 19 is needed for one show.

Each link is for one episode of the series...movies are different. They are multiple links for one file.

I recommend to use JDownloader to get the files - makes downloading a lot more comfortable. You might also want to look into CaptchaTrader, so you can bend downloading and solving captchas more to your schedule.
Also, don't use VLC. VLC is, for the most part, a year behind current technology. Anime encoders are usually at the forefront. Not a good combination. ;)
For example, VLC can't play Hi10P videos (okay, some nightly build can, but not the official one). Codecs used by VLC are usually out of date and so on...
I heard good things about mplayer for MACs, but since I use Windows which has (in my opinion) better players available, I never spend much time with it.

I recommend to use JDownloader to get the files - makes downloading a lot more comfortable. You might also want to look into CaptchaTrader, so you can bend downloading and solving captchas more to your schedule.
Also, don't use VLC. VLC is, for the most part, a year behind current technology. Anime encoders are usually at the forefront. Not a good combination. ;)
For example, VLC can't play Hi10P videos (okay, some nightly build can, but not the official one). Codecs used by VLC are usually out of date and so on...
I heard good things about mplayer for MACs, but since I use Windows which has (in my opinion) better players available, I never spend much time with it.

Just tried Mplayer and of course OS X Lion isnt supported. wont work, go figure.. Any other ideas of good players for macs?

Yeah, found out about not using vlc................well any way I'm using linux as my main media station now, so no more problems. Yay!

Jdownloader is great too.

I just tried to use VLC and started to play fine, then it looped back after about 3 mins and got really choppy.

Yeah, don't use vlc. Period (good for music and other video files though), vlc doesn't have the haali 720 matroska splitter incorporated into it yet (I don't think so anyway).

Use something else. Like Potplayer, kmplayer (You can use WMP also).

Well found a version of Mplayer that works with lion and seems to be working great. Only thing that will take me some getting use to is the Japanese with English subs. Not a fan of subs. I dont like to read while watching shows. LOL

I was like that at one point. If you hate reading from the bottom of the screen, there should be subtitle options to move them to the place you desire. I prefer up =] doesnt work with hardsub for obvious reasons =[ haha

Ya we will see what happens.. Whats up with some of the links that take you to sites that require you to download a downloader?

Yes be careful what you click. Some of the "Download" images is actually advertisements. If the download isn't your desire file. Don't DL it. You can actually hover your mouse over the link and see if the url begins with "ad."

I think he hinted on it. The thread started out as a tutorial on how to download, then somehow branched on how get files to play using various players. Then that branched to how to move subs around the screen.

Edit: Yeah, he briefly said Mac, but seemed more general than just linux.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

freerdin wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, could you please upload these games?
JDを攻略したい
J〇を攻略したい!
https://booth.pm/ja/items/5257391
https://booth.pm/ja/items/3749866
Explore elegance with Anemoii's women's moissanite pendant necklace sets, meticulously crafted to perfection. Shop our collection to discover timeless beauty at competitive prices. Elevate your style with the perfect blend of luxury and affordability.
Ruri wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload for mexashare both MP3 only and Full-Version of RJ301587? Thank you!
Link