Help with game window immediately close after opening

ngducphu22

Jan 28, 2019
Are you running your computer with Japan system locale?: Yes
Game Name: Kara no Shoujo 1 HD (version that I torrented from girlcelly)
Description of Problem: The game window immediately closes after opening.
Your Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Is your Operating System 64 or 32 bit? 64 bit
What did you already try? Uninstall/Reinstall, Run as admin.

Among the reason for Japanese game closing as sonn as they start, you find on 1st place the antivirus kicking in (either an anti-DRM crack or a problem looking into Japanese encoded software). So try setting an exception / turn off your AV to start the game.
Placed 2nd on reason is usually the path name. Computer not 100% set to Japanese have sometime problem with long path folder name (try installing the game directly to the start of the HDD like C:\gamename"), or, sometime, Japanese Kanji in the folder name. To be safe, try having the game in a folder path without Japanese and syntax.

For this game, I suppose you speak about the 2020's version. Else the old version was before win 10, so you should try compatibility to XP version.

Also, if you switched just the unicode to Japanese, you might want to try using Local Emulator (or your prefered emulating tool) to start the game. Some require regional setting / date format (and even a rare few - the keyboard setting) to be switched to Japanese.

Hi, :) Again

All work perfectly fine, with Dl version. Even in Win10 Rus. No japan changes.
-
1st place the antivirus kicking
If Antivirus react file automatic deleted, and You cant Run anything.
-
And Game DVD Version Just need Crack. Just Use Dl version.
http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...ノ少女-premium-edition-[h-game]-[crack]-1032569/
-
Some require regional setting / date format
Yup, Some game creators love set check Time zone. (set Tokyo Time zone). Rare but sometimes. Just dont forget Off Automatic change time. And after You set Tokyo time zone, set your own place time. And all be fine.

Kara no Shoujo Full voice HD Kara no Shojo 殻ノ少女 通常版 English Text version

Last edited:
Emm, you can try one more thing.
Press Win+R, Past -> UserAccountControlSettings Press Enter. And low protection lvl.
-
Or just use Emulator VirtualBox or vmWare and install Win7 Jp Orig, and run 90% games. For old need Win Xp or 98-95-Dos.

Reactions: ngducphu22
If you indeed have downloaded the FULL VOICE HD SIZE EDITION from girlcelly here http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...ll-voice-hd-size-edition-ost-[h-game]-902162/ then it should work with no problem on Windows 10. On Getchu they even mention that it supports Windows 10 (the older version does not), and I can confirm that it does not require any crack to run. It may be that you have a corrupt downloaded file or if you have any kind of Firewall or Anti-Virus or something like that then it could have blocked/quarantined or even automatically deleted a required file without you noticing anything. You should also check your Hard Disk for errors and if you are going to Uninstall/Reinstall the game do it the proper way and not just delete the files from the hard drive, do only that if any associated files remain on your system after you uninstall.

How did I install this game in order for it to work? Easy, I have Windows 10 x64 Enterprise edition, I proceeded to extract the downloaded files with the latest Winrar, and then mount the 'KARA1HD.ISO' file with DAEMON Tools Lite. After that I just right click the mounted drive with the game and click OPEN, then I right click the 'インストーラー.exe' file and select Locale Emulator to 'Run in Japanese (Admin)' and it will popup a game menu that let's you install the game, just follow the steps to go forward. After doing that the game will be installed and I just run the game EXE file that is installed to the default directory with Locale Emulator again and it instantly opens with no problem whatsoever. I do not even have my system locale set to japanese or language, format, location or anything like that and it still works great. Just make sure you have the latest Winrar and Locale Emulator version, use DAEMON Tools to mount the file and not other software (I personally have encounter problems in the past while using other software to mount stuff). Also note that you should always use Locale Emulator not only to run the game but also to install the game! and make sure your Locale Emulator settings has the location set to Japan, the timezone to tokyo and enabled both the 'Fake' stuff options.

After all that if your game still does not work, it could be an hardware incompatibility issue, or a software thing. Update your video drivers, also use windows update to update your windows system and select all the optionally stuff as well to update and try installing the japanese language pack from there if you haven't already.

As a last resort you can also try a different release from someone else like the one that is on nyaa as 'Kara no Shoujo - FULL VOICE HD SIZE EDITION / 殻ノ少女《 FULL VOICE HD SIZE EDITION 》 [English Patched]' and see if that works for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply but I already gave up after trying every method these past several days. I just want to improve my Japanese so trying other games is also fine I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.
Groups23 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Could you upload fantia.jp/posts/2683868 ?
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.