HCG Ripping Issues

S

Starless

EDIT: Was successful in ripping the .WAR and .s25 files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I'm currently having some issues ripping/extracting files from two different [Guilty+] games.

http://vndb.org/r6772 & http://vndb.org/r12508 respectively

I'm using the downloads provided at these two posts:

http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-%5B100226%5D-%5Bguilty-%5D-%E7%99%92%E3%81%97%E3%82%93%E6%AF%8D-motion-%EF%BD%9E%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C%E3%81%A7%E4%B8%80%E7%95%AA%E5%A5%BD%E3%81%8D%E3%81%AA%E3%81%B2%E3%81%A8%EF%BD%9E-236844/

http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/torrents-47/5-%5B110225%5D-%5Bguilty-%5D-%E5%AD%A6%E9%A3%9F%E3%81%AE%E3%81%8A%E3%81%B0%E3%81%95%E3%82%93-motion%EF%BD%9E%E6%AF%8D%E3%81%95%E3%82%93%E3%81%AE%E6%B1%81%E3%81%AE%E5%91%B3%EF%BD%9E-%5Bh-game%5D-%5Bno-dvd-patch%5D-4136/

The games work fine, but they have proven to be a hassle to rip. I'm aware that there are already existing HCG packs for these games that I could download, but I'd like to find out what I'm doing wrong for the sake of future reference. The fact that HCG rips for these games exist tells me that it is possible to rip them and I'm probably not going about it the right way. Plus, I've spent the last 3 days trying to get files out of these games and all I managed to successfully extract were the .mpgs.

So, to get to the root of the problem. There are three file types that are common among the games. You've got your .a files (which when run through ExtractData English v1.20, yielded the aforementioned .mpgs, although I'm not 100% sure if there's anything in them beyond that), you've got .WAR files, and the most troublesome (and the reason I'm here), .s25 files.

I have used Crass (Crage) to great effect with games in the past, and due to the extensions being .WAR and .s25, it would seem that it is supposed to be the tool for the job. I originally couldn't extract the .WAR files, but after two hours of google I was able to find that I needed the most recent RioShiina.cui. This allowed me to extract the contents of the .WAR files. This is where things get stupid. Within the .WAR files there are .s25 files. I read that RioShiina.cui is also capable of dealing with these files, however when I try to use Crass on them all that happens is this:

Initial Utility.dll...Succeed!

Command line:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\HGameTools\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe -p C:/Users\USERNAME\Desktop\Completed\IYASHIm_G\EV07B.S25 -w

プログラム: Crage - cuiプラグインを利用する汎用ゲーム抽出ツール
作者: 痴漢公賊 <[email protected]>
バージョン: 0.4.14.0
日付: 2009-7-22 19:16
発布: http://galcrass.blog124.fc2.com/
文法:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\HGameTools\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe [[-d dir] | [-p package_file]]
[-l index_file] [-u cui_name] [-o output_dir]
[-n] [-v] [-r] [-h] [-I cui_name] [-i]

初期化cui core ...
170個cuiを読み込む ...

初期化package core ...
パッケージファイルのメッセージ1個を読み込む ...

アンパックが始まります ...

... アンパックが完了しました

All Done.

No files are ever produced from the .s25's. Whether I select the folder paths containing them, or the files themselves, nothing happens. I've tried specifying the cui before. Nothing. I've tried extracting the .WAR's while running the game and providing Crass a Process Identifier to work off of. That actually made Crass acknowledge the existence of the .s25's within the .WAR's but would provide an error for each .s25 file that read "actual data size != idx defined size".

As far as other extraction tools go, I haven't managed to use any successfully due to weird hangups on installations and missing .dll's. That being said, my only functioning tools right now are Crass and ExtractData English v1.20. I could attempt to get the other programs working if need be though.

Anyways, I feel like I'm missing something here but I don't know what. Hopefully I've included enough information to work off of. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I manage to extract WAR archive using crass but... yeah i get .s25 files. It seems the images are in .s25 extension. The problem is how to convert .s25 files to normal image files since crass didn't work.
I will take a deeper look when i get home :).

Thanks for looking into it moemoe-kyun! I'm glad to know that it wasn't just me having the issue. It's sorta perplexing that Crass doesn't work when the RioShiina.cui is supposed to handle those file types as well.

I can only imagine that the issue is caused by the two layers of file types (compared to the usual one-to-one file conversions I've had before).

Anywho, I appreciate you looking into this for me!

Umm... i'm newbie so please don't expect that much from me >.<.
About this issue, i still made no progress :(. I read RioShiina document. It seems crass can handle .s25 extension. I try to use crass 2nd time on .s25 files but nothing happen...

I guess I'll try to see how far I can get with Google Translate. I'll let you know how it goes. I appreciate the offer. :D

So, in the end it was an incredibly messy rip (for some reason each individual bitmap has its own folder) but I, more or less, accomplished it.

Thank you all for your help!

Finally, i manage to extract and get bmp >.<. For me most trouble is to find PID, shameful ( since task manager doesn't display PID by default, facepalm ). But thank to all you guys, i have good experience with RioShiina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha