Going to throw this PSP against a wall!

SSJCyberSonic

Tired Onii-san
Elite Member
Feb 13, 2013
Good day everyone.

I'm having some problems with this PSP I got cheap second hand.

I've had it for a while now, but for some reason it can't read my UMD's anymore.

Now I'm no techy, so I can't really open the thing up and try to fix it myself, and my current budget doesn't allow me to send it in for repairs. So my question is this:

Is there some way to run an ISO of a UMD on PSP with the current firmware? I bought (regrettably) the damn thing to play Dissidia and Persona 2 but now I can't play either due to the thing not reading the UMDs.

I will send it in to get fixed eventually, but I can't use it for anything in the mean time, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.

[MENTION=43274]SSJCyberSonic[/MENTION]; Yes, if you buy both of those games off the psn cuz it goes into your memory card and no if you pirated iso of those games cuz official firmware won't allow it to run....

The umd may not run maybe cuz the len is dirty.... Why don't you open the place where the umd goes and clean the len a little... You don't need to open the whole system up.... If it not the len then it the umd but it mostly the len.... I have a phat psp where it doesn't read the umd even though the umd is all scratch up where my slim could read it....

you're asking this in a land of pirates
so i'll tell you
hack the damn brick
and put the iso in your memory card
:smug:

^ Agreed. :goodtea:

Though before you do so, what's your current firmware?

I believe my firmware is currently fully updated to 6.60.

I did hack it earlier to play GBA games on it, but I had to update when I bought Dissidia.

I believe my firmware is currently fully updated to 6.60.

I did hack it earlier to play GBA games on it, but I had to update when I bought Dissidia.

Then rehack it again.... Google & Youtube how to downgrade it from 6.60.... There are lot of tutorial on that.....

Yes Im running 6.25 PRO-b9 and its GREAT. It really cant be simpler to hack the things now. You just extract the folders from the link that Will gave you into your game folder and BAM just run it from the psp. No more Pandora battereys needed.

Haha i forget my psp even has a UMD I havent used it forever and i use my psp ALOT cuz i play aot of old school games so its great to play them on a psp.

O By the way with a program named popstation you can convert PS1 games to a Eboot and all you have to do is put them in the game folder and you can play PS1 games as well.

Reactions: SSJCyberSonic
Thanks for all the help guys!
My PSP has once again become a useful piece of gaming equipment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。
nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.